Carnival Shareholder Identity

ONT-CA

On several occasions fellow passengers have tried to convince me to become a shareholder of Princess (Carnival). Apparently there are perks to be had in doing so.

Two things come to mind, one, as a shareholder you would be beholding to the brand in self interests and two, also in self interest you would not only not complain but rather become a cheer leader for the brand in rebuttal to anyone submitting a complaint.

To be fair to all readers, perhaps there should be a box that one individually ticks designating the poster as a shareholder which would put any rebuttal in fairer context.

Actually, IMHO, the biggest benefit is the onboard credit you get as a shareholder. CLL is relatively inexpensive -- 100 shares would have cost you about $2,400 on Friday -- yet every time you cruise, you get the onboard credit. It's worth it if you cruise often but if you cruise only once every few years, it probably isn't. I was an idiot and didn't purchase my shares until late March. I figure I'll get $850 in OBC for my Princess cruises over the next year which is a 35% return on investment, not counting if the stock goes up.

On several occasions fellow passengers have tried to convince me to become a shareholder of Princess (Carnival). Apparently there are perks to be had in doing so.

Two things come to mind, one, as a shareholder you would be beholding to the brand in self interests and two, also in self interest you would not only not complain but rather become a cheer leader for the brand in rebuttal to anyone submitting a complaint.

To be fair to all readers, perhaps there should be a box that one individually ticks designating the poster as a shareholder which would put any rebuttal in fairer context.

I am as of recent a shareholder of RCCL and CCL for just 100 shares I am entitled to have some extra OBC depending on the length of my cruise, so would I be a cheerleader for CCL, Princess, Costa, HAL, Cunard, Celebrity and RCCL? I am sure I am forgetting another cruiseline but alas. Boy I am going to be busy :p

I am as of recent a shareholder of RCCL and CCL for just 100 shares I am entitled to have some extra OBC depending on the length of my cruise, so would I be a cheerleader for CCL, Princess, Costa, HAL, Cunard, Celebrity and RCCL? I am sure I am forgetting another cruiseline but alas. Boy I am going to be busy :p

Seabourn. :) And what's so bad about being a cheerleader? :D It's sure putting lots of $$$ in my pocket.

I don't see where being a shareholder automatically makes one into a cheerleader for any of the cruiselines that Carnival owns.

The only thing that would make me a cheerleader for Princess (or any other Carnival Corp cruiseline) would be consistent satisfaction of all aspects of cruising with them.

But that would not mean that I would not believe things others post that were less than satisfactory about their experience with that same cruiseline.

My main benefit from purchasing the stock is the OBC perk. My intention is to hold the stock for the long term, whether the share price goes up or down, and whether Carnival pays dividends or not. And hopefully, I will be able to continue cruising long enough to reap the return of my investment dollars in OBC.

I don't see where being a shareholder automatically makes one into a cheerleader for any of the cruiselines that Carnival owns.

The only thing that would make me a cheerleader for Princess (or any other Carnival Corp cruiseline) would be consistent satisfaction of all aspects of cruising with them.

But that would not mean that I would not believe things others post that were less than satisfactory about their experience with that same cruiseline.

My main benefit from purchasing the stock is the OBC perk. My intention is to hold the stock for the long term, whether the share price goes up or down, and whether Carnival pays dividends or not. And hopefully, I will be able to continue cruising long enough to reap the return of my investment dollars in OBC.

Amen. I already have. :D

Seabourn. :) And what's so bad about being a cheerleader? :D It's sure putting lots of $$$ in my pocket.

Thanks..I knew I missed a ship ;) Not everyone might be aware that CCL owns the different brands, except RCCL owning Celebrity and Azamara. So just because people own stock of these two companies would not make them a particular cheerleader for a particular line.

Like Pam and you said it is a great investment return because it can be used on almost all lines, except NCL and a few others.

I wish I had known sooner. My Princess cruise in October will be my 10th cruise since 2004. Think about how much onboard credit I have missed out on:(

Thanks..I knew I missed a ship ;) Not everyone might be aware that CCL owns the different brands, except RCCL owning Celebrity and Azamara. So just because people own stock of these two companies would not make them a particular cheerleader for a particular line.

Like Pam and you said it is a great investment return because it can be used on almost all lines, except NCL and a few others.

I wish I had known sooner. My Princess cruise in October will be my 10th cruise since 2004. Think about how much onboard credit I have missed out on:(

Instead of doing that, think about how much OBC is yet to come. :D

Instead of doing that, think about how much OBC is yet to come. :D

Oh you are too funny :p. My husband already claims I have become a cruise "addict". When he can't find time off I now go solo or with a friend. That's how bad it has gotten.:eek:

Oh you are too funny :p. My husband already claims I have become a cruise "addict". When he can't find time off I now go solo or with a friend. That's how bad it has gotten.:eek:

It is addictive, isn't it? ;)

The primary motivation is the OBC, which produces a nice ROI with our frequency of cruising. As a shareholder, I am interested in the company putting out an excellent product, so if someone has real criticism and constructive ideas, no way would I flame. OTOH, if all someone wants to do is b----, then you bet I am not going to be happy to see that - factual info is great, hyperbole has no place whether it is regarding any of CCL lines, or RCC, or Norwegian (forget the parent co name there).

So, what does that make me as I hold shares in many different cruise line stocks? lol

Actually, IMHO, the biggest benefit is the onboard credit you get as a shareholder. CLL is relatively inexpensive -- 100 shares would have cost you about $2,400 on Friday -- yet every time you cruise, you get the onboard credit. It's worth it if you cruise often but if you cruise only once every few years, it probably isn't. I was an idiot and didn't purchase my shares until late March. I figure I'll get $850 in OBC for my Princess cruises over the next year which is a 35% return on investment, not counting if the stock goes up.

Pam, how much do you get in OBC? I understand it differs in cruise legnth, but do you have a general number?

I rest my case

Hey now, I haven't owned any cruise stock until recently (just about a year now), and I have been around here a very long time. I bought them because they were cheap, and something I was interested in, plus the shipboard credit associated with it.

Why owning stock would have anything to do with 'MY' answers, I have no idea, as they are the same now as they were for years before when I didn't own any cruise stock. :rolleyes:

I was going to buy Ford stock, even though I don't drive a Ford, it was cheap too. lol

Hey now, I haven't owned any cruise stock until recently (just about a year now), and I have been around here a very long time. I bought them because they were cheap, and something I was interested in, plus the shipboard credit associated with it.

Why owning stock would have anything to do with 'MY' answers, I have no idea, as they are the same now as they were for years before when I didn't own any cruise stock. :rolleyes:

I was going to buy Ford stock, even though I don't drive a Ford, it was cheap too. lol

How about GM? Yikes! :eek:

ont-ca

i live in canada too, i own ccl, and have for a number of years

bot stok becuz i thot it wasa good investment

but cruise mainy with X (rccl) sometimes ccl

not a cheerleader just an investor

f/x killing me

your premise is nonsence

sorry

People just have to know that the price they pay maybe the highest price for CCL for the next $50 years. Drops in the price of stock can far exceed the onboard credit that most people will get.

I agree Paul, if anyone is buying stock just for the shipboard credit, and not for a long term investment, it just isn't worth it in todays market. ;)

I am a shareholder as well, and I am by far no cheerleader for any of the cruise lines.

It was a good investment when I bought it and the onboard credit is a good sweetener. I also own shares in RCL as well and that one is doing even better from what I bought it at.

So just because someone has shares does not mean they pump up the line.

Cheers,

Peter

Archived