Fake Eyelashes

Hi::)

I was thinking of trying fake eyelashes for the first time. I have a short Vegas trip coming up in a few days and a cruise in a couple of months, and I just wanted to try something different for a change.

Has anyone had any luck with fake eyelashes, and how did you like them?

Hard to apply? Not worth the trouble?:eek:

My lucky DH has long, dark, thick eyelashes he passed on to our two children and our three granddaughters; so I'm about the only one in the family who doesn't have great eyelashes.:(

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions:rolleyes:

Happy Cruising......Sparkle 10 (Anita):p

Hi::)

I was thinking of trying fake eyelashes for the first time. I have a short Vegas trip coming up in a few days and a cruise in a couple of months, and I just wanted to try something different for a change.

Has anyone had any luck with fake eyelashes, and how did you like them?

Hard to apply? Not worth the trouble?:eek:

My lucky DH has long, dark, thick eyelashes he passed on to our two children and our three granddaughters; so I'm about the only one in the family who doesn't have great eyelashes.:(

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions:rolleyes:

Happy Cruising......Sparkle 10 (Anita):p

I have never used fake eyelashes but DD(12) does for dance. I have gotten quite good at putting them on her. The trick is to use just a thin line of glue on the fake lashes and get the eyelash as close to the lash line as possible. It doesn't take much glue and will hold all day on her. I always match the edge of the fake lashes with the outside edge of her lashes and then glue inward.

I, too, had to wear them for dance recitals/performances--and HATED them! They always felt "heavy" and I was never able to get used to them. I ended up using the individual clusters...they felt lighter than the entire row of lashes. But, they do take alot more time (IMO) than just putting on mascara!

I started wearing them for Ballroom dance, but then liked them so much I always take some for formal nights. I do recommend if you decide to try them, DO NOT buy the $2 ones from the cheap lines. Go for a slightly better pair even for just like $6 and up. I get really great ones on Sephora.com. They even put them on clearance sometimes.

Warm breezes was very correct, use just a thin line of glue, and be sure to let it dry to a thick consistency before trying to put it on your eyes. Usually 30 - 45 secs is good. And always measure them against your eyelashes before putting the glue on so you know if they need trimmed.

I have no problem putting them on if I remember those tips, even on a moving ship!

I just love to wear sparkly lashes when I am all dressed up!

I have never used fake eyelashes but DD(12) does for dance. I have gotten quite good at putting them on her. The trick is to use just a thin line of glue on the fake lashes and get the eyelash as close to the lash line as possible. It doesn't take much glue and will hold all day on her. I always match the edge of the fake lashes with the outside edge of her lashes and then glue inward.

I have to add that one of the first things DD says after a dance competition is over is "Can I take my eyelashes off now?" They are usually trashed before we even walk out of the building.

I have to add that one of the first things DD says after a dance competition is over is "Can I take my eyelashes off now?" They are usually trashed before we even walk out of the building.

Good morining, I have not seen this conversation till now. But there are salons that do add eyelashes to your own, just as if doing nails. I have tried it and i like them. they attach by using the glue that is used for butterfly stitching. Depending how often you wear make up they last for a while. They fall off just like normal lashes and you dont need mascara. My lashes are full and look great. You can find the info on the internet. It may not be for everyone but I enjoy the pampering. Enjoy your day ladies! Jo

Thanks for all of your quick replies. Sephora just sent me an e-mail for a free gift for my birthday this month, so I think I will go and see what they have to offer with regards to the eyelashes, and get my birthday present.

thanks again...Sparkle 10

I have to wear them for my dance competitions and recital. When you put them on put the glue on a piece of paper or something, then take a toothpick and dip it in the glue, then spread it on the eyelash, then put it on. It works very well. If the package come with an applicator.. DON'T USE IT!! It takes the glue of the eyelash and they don't last as long. Also make sure you don't get the glue on the actual eyelash parts because then they will get all clumpy and look really bad. Haha

I tried false lashes on my frist cruise. I had a really hard time getting them applied correctly and all night I was worried about them coming off, visions of Lucille Ball in Cheaper By the Dozen. It seemed they were heavy. Now I just try different lenthening, thickening mascara, that helps.

Kris

There is a mascara called "Fiberwig". The only place I have been able to find it is Sephora (online or in the store). It has fibers in it and is the absolute best of lengthening mascaras. It has been on the Today Show and in several women's magazines.

You might want to give it a try.

I could never stand the feel of false eyelashes, even though they looked good. So a few months ago I had the individual ones professionally glued on, one by one. They look fantastic, and I don't have to wear mascara! Feel totally natural, I can't even tell that I have them on.

I could never stand the feel of false eyelashes, even though they looked good. So a few months ago I had the individual ones professionally glued on, one by one. They look fantastic, and I don't have to wear mascara! Feel totally natural, I can't even tell that I have them on.

Hi, How long did yours last? So far mine have lasted a month. Nice to see Im not the only one. Jo

Jo,

I took mine off after about 2 months. Most of them were still on, and I could have gone in for a "refill", but I had them done for a story I was writing, and had to take them off to try the next thing, Latisse.

If I was just doing this on my own, I would have gone in for the refill. I may have them done again when I'm all finished with the experimenting of other eyelash treatments. I thought that these were just fantastic.

Jo,

I took mine off after about 2 months. Most of them were still on, and I could have gone in for a "refill", but I had them done for a story I was writing, and had to take them off to try the next thing, Latisse.

If I was just doing this on my own, I would have gone in for the refill. I may have them done again when I'm all finished with the experimenting of other eyelash treatments. I thought that these were just fantastic.

Is Latisse the doctor perscribed med? If so let me us know if it is working. For now I will get a refill before the 20th. Good Luck with your story. Jo

Is Latisse the doctor perscribed med? If so let me us know if it is working. For now I will get a refill before the 20th. Good Luck with your story. Jo

Yes, Latisse is the doctor prescribed med.

I should see results in about 6 weeks. Hopefully!

I've been using Latisse now for about 8 weeks and it really works!

However...it won't give you that 'heavy eyelash' look like you went to the MAC counter and went all out. It DOES make my eyelashes SIGNIFICANTLY longer and a bit thicker. If you Google the before and after Latisse pics on the web, that should give you a pretty good idea what you're in for. When I wear mascara I really notice a HUGE difference in my 'going out' look.

Finally, I have longer eyelashes than my husband! (he always complained about his eyelashes being long and getting annoying--once I even caught him trimming them! Egads!!). That reminds me of the saying "Youth is wasted on the young":D

Wow I jus finished writing about Latisse in another thread. Glad to see that it worked on yet another person :) I was debating getting it when I go in for my lip injection.

The biggest advice I have to say about falsies is....give yourself TIME TO PRACTICE!! I took mine to NYC to wear for the first time, and I figured that I would give myself 1 hr to get ready...but I never could put them on right. I dunno, maybe I'm just slow.

The best ones I've seen are at MAC, but you can also hit up some good sales at Sally Beauty Supply where they're like $3/box.

Look @ some youtube.com tutorials.

Jo,

Were you able to swim with the salon applied lashes? I asked about them about two years ago and remember the technician commenting that I couldn't swim for a certain amount of time or wear waterproof mascara.

Were you able to swim with the salon applied lashes? I asked about them about two years ago and remember the technician commenting that I couldn't swim for a certain amount of time or wear waterproof mascara.

I wear these all the time. Living in Fl there great. You can swim in them

About the only things you don't want to do is rub your eyes and wear mascara on them There is something in the mascara that makes them not hold as well. But you really don't need mascara with them I do where mascara on my bottom lashes.

Leigh

I don't swim, so it wasn't an issue for me. However, my *guess* that unless you're doing a lot of underwater swimming, they'd be fine in a pool. I think that warm water would be worse as it might make the glue melt. But again, these are only guesses on my part.

You don't wear *any* mascara with the individually applied lashes. That's the beauty of them! (you can wear mascara on lower lashes if you want).

• 2 weeks later...

I spent about 90 on salon/spa ones and although they looked great they lasted about 10 days. Why not have a salon do them for you, if you have the extra $$? Just a thought. I also tried self application and they looked horrible (??the wine beforehand??)!!

Very interesting thread. I have short, sparse lashes myself so I need all the help I can get. However, I am such a klutz when it comes to eye makeup that applying fake lashes would be way beyond my skills.

The lash extensions sound interesting. Maybe this is something I should look into for special occasions.

I spent about 90 on salon/spa ones and although they looked great they lasted about 10 days. Why not have a salon do them for you, if you have the extra $$? Just a thought. I also tried self application and they looked horrible (??the wine beforehand??)!![/quote]

LOL!!! I could just imagine this!!

Archived