Best transportation from FLL to Port

What is the best way to get from the FLL airport to the Port?

I need more details to help you. Are you flying in the day of the cruise and no pre-cruise stay?

If you are flying in early, I have found it to be cost effective to just rent a car for ~$45. Then, you can sight see on your own with your time and then drive yourself to their lot and they will shuttle you to the port. Usually cheaper than just shuttle/cab service. HTH

2 Hampton Inns have free shuttle service. We come in a day early, use the free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and then the free shuttle from the hotel to the ship. I have stayed at both and been pleased.

Should have said we are flying in the day of the cruise! Renting a car is the cheapest!! Wow! What an idea.

Why would you bother to rent a car? The port is so close to port. Taking a cab would and is the easiest way to go to the port from FLL airport.

A cab is the way to go. There are plenty at the airport as well as at the port when you return. Including tip it would be around $15-$16.

The cruise line shuttles are a cattle herd and are over priced!

I only suggested renting a car if they would be in town that day before. I personally like to explore places when I go there pre-cruise and like to be able to walk out to the car and get in and go.

I agree if flying in day of- taxi is best at this port.

Was there in March.

Taxi to port: Had credit card machine in taxi and with 20% tip was $14.80

Port to FLL airport: Did not have credit card machine including tip paid $15.00

That was for two of us.

We used VIP shuttle service and depending on what your needs are, they could be the perfect choice...they were awesome for us both ways.

we had a group of 24 that had early arrivals in Miami. they offered us several options but we chose the following. $200 for all of us and they took us to bayside to shop and eat and walk around for about 3 hours. the driver stayed there and when we were ready, he wisked us off to port. For trip back, some of us had flights out of FLL(airline folks on standby)...they charged 15pp. I know a cab to FLL is about 75. They were waiting for us as we walked off the ship and on the road in 2 minutes. Very courteous and had a trailer for all the luggage...no limits on pieces and they packed and loaded it all both times.

These guys were GREAT.:)

I need more details to help you. Are you flying in the day of the cruise and no pre-cruise stay?

If you are flying in early, I have found it to be cost effective to just rent a car for ~$45. Then, you can sight see on your own with your time and then drive yourself to their lot and they will shuttle you to the port. Usually cheaper than just shuttle/cab service. HTH

Hacman

I am also researching this topic. We are flying in 2 days prior and plan to stay at a hotel in Miami. I just want to make sure I understand. Rent the car from the FLL airport and return there? Then they will shuttle to port? Also any suggestion for which car rental place?? Exactly how far is it from FLL to the port?

Very helpful thread. Answered my question. Thanks to all contributors.

We are flying into Miami and hiring a car then dropping hire car off at FFL about 5 days later and were wondering about getting from FFL to Port Everglades.....Taxi it is by the sound of it!

Very helpful thread. Answered my question. Thanks to all contributors.

We are flying into Miami and hiring a car then dropping hire car off at FFL about 5 days later and were wondering about getting from FFL to Port Everglades.....Taxi it is by the sound of it!

There is a free shuttle from the airport car rental return center at fll to the port. Just ask them when you return car and they will direct you where to go to catch this shuttle.

We are flying into FLL and so far plan to stay the night before.

Thinking about renting a car, but can I have a number or web site for this company just in case. We have not figured out all the transportation details yet.

You should also check with Ace tours. They are based in FLL and have great prices. For us to go from FLL to Miami it's only costing us $15 p/p. So I know from the airport to FLL pier should be less.

Mouselover. How long are you going to be in FLL b/4 your cruise? I went to the Dollar Car web and reserved a full size Dodge Charger for 40.00 total with a drop off location at the port. And they will shuttle you to the port. Used OOAG as code. If it's only the 2 of you you could get something smaller. That way you're not stuck at the hotel all day. The math being what it is you have a 15.00 dollar trip to the hotel,Maybe a 10.00-15.00 from hotel to port. So approz. 30.00 in cab fair. Might want to check that option out.

That particular airport and that particular cruiseport, it's a no-brainer: Taxi.

It is SOOOOOOO close. $25 max, including tip.

Mouselover. How long are you going to be in FLL b/4 your cruise? I went to the Dollar Car web and reserved a full size Dodge Charger for 40.00 total with a drop off location at the port. And they will shuttle you to the port. Used OOAG as code. If it's only the 2 of you you could get something smaller. That way you're not stuck at the hotel all day. The math being what it is you have a 15.00 dollar trip to the hotel,Maybe a 10.00-15.00 from hotel to port. So approz. 30.00 in cab fair. Might want to check that option out.

Ok, will do that! Thanks..

Want to book air fare today and the price has want up about $300.00 for flying in the day before the cruise. If we fly in the day of the cruise, it is much cheaper. We might have to go with flying in the day of the cruise. We would arrive at FLL at 11:05am.It looks like our ship does not leave until 4pm.

So would a car still be the cheapest to POM?

There is four of us traveling. My husband, me, and our two children

• 1 month later...
We are flying into FLL and so far plan to stay the night before.

Thinking about renting a car, but can I have a number or web site for this company just in case. We have not figured out all the transportation details yet.

We have a car rental for our arrival day, but still need to figure out departure after the cruise. Will four people fit in a cab? Yes, I have never been in a cab!

BTW Ace tours is now $75.00 for four people.

We have a car rental for our arrival day, but still need to figure out departure after the cruise. Will four people fit in a cab? Yes, I have never been in a cab!

BTW Ace tours is now $75.00 for four people.[/quote

First you have four people in ONE rental car with all their luggage? That won't work at all unless you rent a mini van. As far as a cab (I assume you mean coming off the ship) you will find van type cabs waiting outside the port to get you back to airport in FLL from Miami for about $70 per couple. Hope this helped.

Archived