All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

I was there 5/09 and we had cabana #3 turquoise it was nice but next time I would definitely opt for one further down the beach it gets very crowded down that end since I'm assuming most people don't feel like walking down the beach further??

It's a matter of personal preference. If you are looking for more privacy, you are going to be walking a ways. Of course, it's that much farther you have to walk to the food pavilion and bathrooms. Do you want to sacrifice privacy for convenience? Only a question the individual can answer.

Details on the snorkel equipment please:)

You will have snorkels/masks and fins for 4 people. They will ask for shoe sizes for the fins when you go to the excursion desk to pick your cabana. They will also ask you what kind of drinks you want.

The snorkeling isn't much there because the bottom is sandy...not coral. But there are a few fish to be found:)

Scenario: 6 cruisers total, myself, my husband and 3 daughters (9, 11 & 15) and 1 friend (15). So from what I have read on this thread, I should not pay for the extra 2 kids? If this is the case its great. My oldest daughter and her friend want to snorkel, neither one have ever done it before, and my younger girls just want to play in the sand. The cabana rental sounds like a win win for me. :)

[quote name='CruiserBruce']Personally, I would do the [I]right[/I] thing, and pay for them.[/QUOTE]

Since anyone not paid for over the four to a cabana are not getting anything for being in the cabana, how is not paying for them the "wrong" thing. I could understand if they got extra drinks and food and extra snorkel gear just be being there. But, that does not happen unless they are paid for.

[quote name='teletubbymom'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid]Scenario: 6 cruisers total, myself, my husband and 3 daughters (9, 11 & 15) and 1 friend (15). So from what I have read on this thread, I should not pay for the extra 2 kids? If this is the case its great. My oldest daughter and her friend want to snorkel, neither one have ever done it before, and my younger girls just want to play in the sand. The cabana rental sounds like a win win for me. :)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]We were there in Sept and there was 7 of us all adults. We did not pay anything extra because like the last post said we did not want anything extra. We didn't have butler service as some cruise lines offer. We just arrived and our food was in the frig. Never were we all just sitting in the cabana at one time. Especially with the ages of your kids go ahead and have a fabulous time we sure did. :)[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='CruiserBruce']Personally, I would do the [I]right[/I] thing, and pay for them.[/quote]

[quote name='gizfish']Since anyone not paid for over the four to a cabana are not getting anything for being in the cabana, how is not paying for them the "wrong" thing. I could understand if they got extra drinks and food and extra snorkel gear just be being there. But, that does not happen unless they are paid for.[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I have to agree with Gizfish...if you're not getting anything extra, you are not cheating anyone in any way...this is not the "wrong" thing. You are accepting what they give for 4 people and that's what you paid for.[/FONT]

We were last at HMC in Jan of 11. Just booked a new trip for this coming Dec, but I can't access booking for excursions (and cabana) as yet. (too far out)

Seems that we paid $250 last time for a cabana. Is that still what they are going for?

Will definitely be booking #10 or higher, as last time, in the pink one, we couldn't escape the damn racket from the Capt Morgan atrocity.

Thanks in advance. Mike

I already have my Cabana booked for April, 2013 with Carnival and the cost is $199.95.

I wonder if Holland America gives you more with the Cabana and that is why the cost is higher???
I believe with Carnival we get soft drinks and water - a fruit plate and some salsa and chips. Edited by anjoliza

[quote name='anjoliza']I already have my Cabana booked for April, 2013 with Carnival and the cost is $199.95.

I wonder if Holland America gives you more with the Cabana and that is why the cost is higher???
I believe with Carnival we get soft drinks and water - a fruit plate and some salsa and chips.[/QUOTE]

Nothing additional with HAL. The only difference I can see is the ability to choose your cabana at time of booking on line. HAL offers the same amenities, with the ability to choose the butler package for an additional $270.00.

[quote name='jdvmd']Nope, Holland America also gives you snorkel gear as well as the floating mats. You also can pick your cabin out beforehand but I believe that Carnival is now allowing that.[/quote]

Carnival does not allow you to choose your cabana beforehand. It's unfortunate; seems only fair that you'd get to choose when you book/pay for it.

We just got back from Half Moon Cay. We were on Carnival Ecstacy. We had fruit, chips and salsa, and veggies and dip. We had 8 cans of pop and 2 bottles of water. We paid $219. We had No. 10 and it was great. We also got 4 sets of snorkeling gear and 4 flotation mats. We were able to choose ours a head of time because my mother was in a wheel chair and we needed to be close to the bathroom. They have wheelchairs there to use with big rubber wheels to go in the sand. My mother really loved it. It is one of my favorite stops.:)

[quote name='trew']We just got back from Half Moon Cay. We were on Carnival Ecstacy. We had fruit, chips and salsa, and veggies and dip. We had 8 cans of pop and 2 bottles of water. We paid $219. We had No. 10 and it was great. We also got 4 sets of snorkeling gear and 4 flotation mats. We were able to choose ours a head of time because my mother was in a wheel chair and we needed to be close to the bathroom. They have wheelchairs there to use with big rubber wheels to go in the sand. My mother really loved it. It is one of my favorite stops.:)[/QUOTE]

Thank you for sharing your experience especially the use of the wheelchair I'm sure this will help others. :)

[quote name='jdvmd']Nope, Holland America also gives you snorkel gear as well as the floating mats. You also can pick your cabin out beforehand but I believe that Carnival is now allowing that.[/QUOTE]

Carnival allows you to reserve A cabana. Any specific preference must be made after boarding.

I am slightly confused. After reading the entire thread, I see that I can book online, but will I be able to pick a specific cabana when we board? Or will Carnival choose for us? Also, where exactly is the Excursions desk? I have never had to go there on my other cruises.

[quote name='mzspyc1']I am slightly confused. After reading the entire thread, I see that I can book online, but will I be able to pick a specific cabana when we board? Or will Carnival choose for us? Also, where exactly is the Excursions desk? I have never had to go there on my other cruises.[/QUOTE]

Yes you will be able to choose a cabin once you board the ship. As soon As you step foot on the ship and they put your sign and sail card in that machine they will direct you to the Excursion desk. Its located right there where you board the ship on the same deck. Just remember other cruisers that also have reserved a cabana and have already boarded the ship ahead of you might have already chosen the cabana you want so make a backup list of cabanas you would like to have.

Hope this helps
Yvonne

[quote name='mzspyc1']I am slightly confused. After reading the entire thread, I see that I can book online, but will I be able to pick a specific cabana when we board? Or will Carnival choose for us? Also, where exactly is the Excursions desk? I have never had to go there on my other cruises.[/QUOTE]

You can reserve on line, any specific choices must be made on board.