All Things HALF MOON CAY !

trock

There has not been a scientific study, but if you read other people's reports, and see this question get asked occaisionally, you will about 20% failures, most commonly in the November-Jan time frame. Of course, this will produce a string of people giving their success rate getting into HMC- we are 6 for 6, going in Dec (3), Mar (1) and April (2).

I'm counting on my 6th successful stop in November. Keep those fingers crossed! It's the ONLY reason I'm doing a B2B because it sure isn't to get the opportunity to go to Freeport and Nassau twice in 9 days! :p

1st visit - May 2006

2nd visit - Dec 2006

3rd visit - Dec 2008

4th visit - May 2010

5th visit - Nov 2011

The December 2006 stop, I think we very nearly didn't make. They waited and waited and waited to finally start the tenders. The weather seemed nice enough, but they were apparently having issues.

The first four visits, the weather was beautiful with warm, sunny days; water definitely warmer in May than December, but not so cold as to keep us out of it; poured rain all morning last November; water quite cold; warmed up in the afternoon but fairly overcast. Still a fantastic day in paradise!

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone on future cruises been able to reserve a cabana yet?

I was able to reserve one for a Carnival Liberty sailing in September...but they only had 3 left afterwards. For the actual cabana location, THAT's when you have to race to Shore Excursions onboard as soon as you set food on the ship. :)

I'm sorry if this question has been answered already, i just can't find it, if it has. When you book a cabana on the web, you are asked to book "a color". I understand the higher numbers are at the end of the beach, but how do you know what # goes with the color. I watched the video and have a few but want to know color of #13 and 11. HELP!

Snarky feedback for you!:rolleyes: Sorry you didn't get the help you wanted. Searching for specific info is hard sometimes on here. Much easier to just post answers where you are looking!

1-taupe

2-blue

3-turquoise

4-orange

5-sky blue

6-purple

7-peach

8-pink

9-eggshell

10-green

11-gray

12-yellow

13-terra cotta

14-red

15-violet

Hope that helps! :)

I just want to let everyone know the cabana price is now $399. I just booked one for our December 15th Eurodam cruise. I was stunned!

Yet another reason not to book with HAL:eek: Hope Carnival doesn't skyrocket as well:rolleyes:

This has been discussed extensively here. HAL has raised the price, as when they are at HMC, the cabanas sell out pretty fast and consistently.

No, it doesn't include a masseuse, and the Butler package is extra.

Edited by CruiserBruce

This has been discussed extensively here. HAL has raised the price, as when they are at HMC, the cabanas sell out pretty fast and consistently.

No, it doesn't include a masseuse, and the Butler package is extra.

Play nice Bruce some of us are not on here reading every post every day. :p

I understand that if you book a Cabana, there is a golfcart/vehicle that will drive you to your Cabana. Is this service exclusive to the people who book the Cabana? If not, where do I look for that vehicle? Thanks!

Edited by msheep

I understand that if you book a Cabana, there is a golfcart/vehicle that will drive you to your Cabana. Is this service exclusive to the people who book the Cabana? If not, where do I look for that vehicle? Thanks!

It is an open truck functioning as a bus of sorts. When you come ashore and checkin, you will be directed to it, it is to the rear of the "town square". Priority goes to cabana users, but it might be used for some excursions and perhaps for those with mobility issues, but it isn't easy to get into.

If you need a lift to the far end of the beach. The so called tram runs down a path located behind the cabanas. You might have to wait until the tram is filled. it is pretty much a truck with seats in the rear. Just check at the information booth and they can direct you.

Edited by Typhoon1

• 4 weeks later...

I will be at HMC (hopefully) next March...do people who rent the Clamshells get priority tendering? I'm a solo cruiser so a cabana isn't going to happen...although they look wonderful!

If I'm at a beach I want to be either in the water or relaxing with a beverage so the idea of a cabana where I can lounge about all day does not appeal to me. So here's my questions...If I just want to snorkel spend time drying off and then having lunch, where can I do this? We're tendered directly to the beach location, right? Where can I snorkel about without bumping into a ton of people? We'll be bringing our own gear.

If I'm at a beach I want to be either in the water or relaxing with a beverage so the idea of a cabana where I can lounge about all day does not appeal to me. So here's my questions...If I just want to snorkel spend time drying off and then having lunch, where can I do this? We're tendered directly to the beach location, right? Where can I snorkel about without bumping into a ton of people? We'll be bringing our own gear.

This is a very nice thread with great snorkeling info for HMC.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1315254&highlight=renewal+of+vows+hmc