Just off Freedom 6/7 sailing

Welcome home!!! Any compasses you can scan? How about what nights were what menus? Did you have kids with you? Any nights that were kids dinner nights?

ps...... you're right...... reality sucks when you arrive home with a suitcase full of dirty clothes! :)

We are sailing on the 21st of June and I have a couple of questions. Was the Promenade Cafe open for lunch when you boarded the ship? Was Richard Spacey still on board as Cruise Director? Was it difficult to find a shady area in the Solarium during the day? Was there a charge for the spinning classes in the fitness center? Do they still serve hordorves in the evening in the common areas of the ship? Is the salad bar in the dining room for lunch really nice (as compared to the Windjammer)? Do they have it everyday? Thanks so much for your reply! I am so excited --spending today packing.

Oh my goodness, our cruise isn't until 9/6 but just reading about those who have just gotten off is beginning to really get exciting.

One of the worst things is when you plan and plan and pack and pack and REPACK (whether in your head or reality), then the big day comes and you're on the ship. You see that "SUNDAY" piece of carpet in the elevator and before you know it, it says "SATURDAY". The last night is a big BUMMER, then you finally get off, get in your car and get home. Talk about deflated!!!!!!! Reality DOES suck!!!!!

Oh my goodness, our cruise isn't until 9/6 but just reading about those who have just gotten off is beginning to really get exciting.

One of the worst things is when you plan and plan and pack and pack and REPACK (whether in your head or reality), then the big day comes and you're on the ship. You see that "SUNDAY" piece of carpet in the elevator and before you know it, it says "SATURDAY". The last night is a big BUMMER, then you finally get off, get in your car and get home. Talk about deflated!!!!!!! Reality DOES suck!!!!!

The worst thing for me is that I'm used to doing Sunday-Sunday sailings and the first Sat-Sat I did was on the Navigator. I remember every time I looked at the carpet I thought I had another day :(. I guess I'll have to keep that in mind this time :D!

We are going July 5th and would like to know:

1) Are there "Theme Nights" and if so what & when?

2) Was there a late-night pool party/buffet? If so, what night was it?

3) What bands were playing in the lounges for dancing after dinner? (we like ballroom dancing)

4) Was the second Formal Night on Thursday (G.Cayman) or Friday (Cozumel)??

Thanks for your help!!

Oh, and scanning in the compasses for us to share would be GREAT!!

You see that "SUNDAY" piece of carpet in the elevator and before you know it, it says "SATURDAY".

Do the newer ships still have this? I know that the Enchantment no longer has that since it was stretched. I seem to recall the Freedom still does, though, which came out since then.

Cruise time is much faster than regular time. Sometimes I think my favorite day is day 1 when I have the whole cruise in front of me.

I am planning a cruise for us this summer and we are looking for all advice. We have a 11yr old girl and a 14 yr old boy.

So any and all advice welcomed. I was wondering if RCL charges for room service, rock climbing wall, ice skating etc......

I am planning a cruise for us this summer and we are looking for all advice. We have a 11yr old girl and a 14 yr old boy.

So any and all advice welcomed. I was wondering if RCL charges for room service, rock climbing wall, ice skating etc......

No charge for rock climbing wall, ice skating & flowrider. I believe there is a surcharge for room service.

We are sailing on the 21st of June

I am so excited --spending today packing.

HEY! We're sailing with you!!!! I too, am so excited!! I keep switching to the port cam. to watch The Freedom.

Hope your packing goes smoothly.

Thursday, Grand Cayman. Cozumel stayed later (6:15PM) and thus makes for a bad formal night.

Was it difficult to find a shady area in the Solarium during the day?

Not too difficult on the last/sea day. Crowded but manageable. The only problem was underage (< 18) drinkers in the adults only whirlpools, which was a policy that was not enforced by the crew.

Hello

Hope you enjoyed your experience. We are a family of four. Our two children are 15 & 13 due to travel on Freedom July 26th. How early can we board the ship? Do you know if there are any excursions offered for disembarkation day. Our return home flight is not until 6pm so seems a waste of a day to travel straight to the airport back to UK.

Thanks

Hello

Hope you enjoyed your experience. We are a family of four. Our two children are 15 & 13 due to travel on Freedom July 26th. How early can we board the ship? Do you know if there are any excursions offered for disembarkation day. Our return home flight is not until 6pm so seems a waste of a day to travel straight to the airport back to UK.

Thanks

The couple we traveled with were able to board between 12 and 12:30 PM, although the set time is 1:30 PM. If you lug your own bags, early departure can be arranged as early as 6:30 AM.

There are excursions available for NASA / Cape Canaveral on Sunday, which can be booked on the RCCL site or onboard.

Welcome home!!! Any compasses you can scan? How about what nights were what menus? Did you have kids with you? Any nights that were kids dinner nights?

ps...... you're right...... reality sucks when you arrive home with a suitcase full of dirty clothes! :)

I don't have anything to scan, sorry :(

There was an 8 year old and an 11 year old traveling with us. If I remember correctly, the first kid dinner was on Monday night. I am not sure about any of the other dinners.

We are sailing on the 21st of June and I have a couple of questions. Was the Promenade Cafe open for lunch when you boarded the ship? Was Richard Spacey still on board as Cruise Director? Was it difficult to find a shady area in the Solarium during the day? Was there a charge for the spinning classes in the fitness center? Do they still serve hordorves in the evening in the common areas of the ship? Is the salad bar in the dining room for lunch really nice (as compared to the Windjammer)? Do they have it everyday? Thanks so much for your reply! I am so excited --spending today packing.

Yes the Promenade Cafe was indeed open, along with Sorrentos.

Richard Spacey was CD as well. He was at a wedding the past 2 weeks. He was outstanding and a really nice, approachable guy.

No, we had no problem finding a shady area at all. I found a lot of the people wanted sun more than shade.

Not sure about the spinning class, hors d'oeuvres.

In all of my RC cruises, I have never eaten breakfast or lunch in the dinning room, so I can't say anything about the salad bar. Sorry :( But I loved the salads from Sorrentos!

I don't think the Promenade Cafe was open for lunch first day, just the 'Jammer. Spacey was not on board when we were, but I think he's back now. No, shady spots were easy, spots in the sun a little more trouble but not bad. Yes, there was a charge for spinning. Didn't see any wandering waiters during the evening. The tutti salad bar is awesome, but the MDR is only open for lunch on sea days.

3) What bands were playing in the lounges for dancing after dinner? (we like ballroom dancing)

Thanks for your help!!

1) The only themes I saw on the Complasses were a "surf" night and the formals.

2) No pool or midnight buffets.

3)Starlite played in Pharoah's Palace and the Viking Crown nearly every night, they'd play whatever you asked for, we danced rumba, cha-cha, foxtrot, hustle, waltz, swing, bolero and more. Sol Y Arena played Bolero's fairly often for Latin.

4) Day 5, after Grand Cayman.

Thanks for your help!!

Yes, there are theme nights. Day 3 is 70's night and day 4 is surfing/caribbean night.

No! There wasn't and this was so disappointing to me. I really enjoyed this on my previous cruises. They did have Surfing under the stars on day 4, but nobody was up dancing, nor was there a buffet. Very disappointing.

There was live music all over the ship, and in almost every bar/lounge. This was the most live music I have seen on any of the ships. I am sure there is something for you.

The second formal night was day 5, Grand Cayman, and was lobster night. All the food was very good. Although, I enjoyed the food on the Mariner more.

I believe room service charges after a certain time at night. rock climbing, ice skating, and the flowrider are all free.

Hello

Thanks

We were let on starting at 11:20.

I don't think the Promenade Cafe was open for lunch first day, just the 'Jammer. Spacey was not on board when we were, but I think he's back now. No, shady spots were easy, spots in the sun a little more trouble but not bad. Yes, there was a charge for spinning. Didn't see any wandering waiters during the evening. The tutti salad bar is awesome, but the MDR is only open for lunch on sea days.

1) The only themes I saw on the Complasses were a "surf" night and the formals.

2) No pool or midnight buffets.

3)Starlite played in Pharoah's Palace and the Viking Crown nearly every night, they'd play whatever you asked for, we danced rumba, cha-cha, foxtrot, hustle, waltz, swing, bolero and more. Sol Y Arena played Bolero's fairly often for Latin.

4) Day 5, after Grand Cayman.

You may be right about Cafe Promenade now that I think about it. But, for some reason I thought I got a cookie on the first day from there? Maybe not. All the days seem to run together when you're on a cruise.

Archived