All-Inclusive day pass in Puerto Vallarta?

• 4 weeks later...

We were at the Crown Paradise in PV last week and loved it. We thought the kids pool with the castle, 11 slides and pirate ship was amazing.

Wish there were chairs around it, that was annoying but I just got in the water too with the kids.

The other gripe was the constant vendors when we were laying by the ocean. They would move on quickly when we said no thank you...but the constant asking got really old.

Other than that...the place was close to perfect. Good food. Not as much mexican food as I'd hoped for. It was mostly American food, but we did eat some great tortilla soup and some delicious enchilads.

The bar service was quick and friendly. Little to no wait and tasty. They were small cups but unlimited and great.

Grounds were beautiful. Staff was super friendly. Outstanding value.

• 1 month later...

An adults only all inclusive option is the Golden Crown Paradise, which is the sister property to the Crown Paradise. They are next door to each other and they are walkable from the cruise pier. I was quoted a cruise passenger day pass rate of 35 pp at the crown and 45 pp at the Golden crown. This is for late September. I contact Dreams PV and their quote was 60 pp plus taxi cost. 90 bucks for 2 people at the Golden Crown is better than 120 plus 40 for a taxi to go to Dreams, IMHO.

• 1 month later...
An adults only all inclusive option is the Golden Crown Paradise, which is the sister property to the Crown Paradise. They are next door to each other and they are walkable from the cruise pier. I was quoted a cruise passenger day pass rate of 35 pp at the crown and 45 pp at the Golden crown. This is for late September. I contact Dreams PV and their quote was 60 pp plus taxi cost. 90 bucks for 2 people at the Golden Crown is better than 120 plus 40 for a taxi to go to Dreams, IMHO.

I just rec'd an email from the Golden Crown and for July the price is $69 pp... they said no reservation was needed just check in at the front desk upon arrival.

I just rec'd an email from the Golden Crown and for July the price is $69 pp... they said no reservation was needed just check in at the front desk upon arrival.

All I know is I contacted them and received an email and the concierge said it was 45 pp when we are visiting in late September. I guess the rate fluctuates during the year. If that 69 dollar price is still in your range, I would contact Dreams and see what they say. They quoted me a half day rate of 60 pp...plus it's a 20 dollar cab ride.

All I know is I contacted them and received an email and the concierge said it was 45 pp when we are visiting in late September. I guess the rate fluctuates during the year. If that 69 dollar price is still in your range, I would contact Dreams and see what they say. They quoted me a half day rate of 60 pp...plus it's a 20 dollar cab ride.

Ummm no it is NOT a $20 cab ride.......if you paid that you got scammed. It is 130 pesos from Dreams to the airport so the cruise ship should be the same price if not slightly less.

We paid 180 pesos for a cab ride from Mismaloya back to the Sapphire Princess this past Jan, Mismaloya is at least one zone away if not two....about a 50 peso differance.

Check the reviews for both places...Dreams is much nicer beach food and service then GC. Plus Dreams has their own private beach vendors that do not bother you unless you want to buy.

Ummm no it is NOT a $20 cab ride.......if you paid that you got scammed. It is 130 pesos from Dreams to the airport so the cruise ship should be the same price if not slightly less.

We paid 180 pesos for a cab ride from Mismaloya back to the Sapphire Princess this past Jan, Mismaloya is at least one zone away if not two....about a 50 peso differance.

Check the reviews for both places...Dreams is much nicer beach food and service then GC. Plus Dreams has their own private beach vendors that do not bother you unless you want to buy.

The 20 dollar cab ride was quoted to me in an email from the concierge at Dreams. If it's only a 13 dollar cab ride (130 pesos), adding that to the 59 dollars (1/2 day rate at Dreams) equals 72 dollars, plus a 3 dollar tip to cabbie equals 75 bucks. Golden Crown is only 45 pp in September. I can use the 30 dollars saved for a dinner in the Steakhouse on board the Spirit.

The 20 dollar cab ride was quoted to me in an email from the concierge at Dreams. If it's only a 13 dollar cab ride (130 pesos), adding that to the 59 dollars (1/2 day rate at Dreams) equals 72 dollars, plus a 3 dollar tip to cabbie equals 75 bucks. Golden Crown is only 45 pp in September. I can use the 30 dollars saved for a dinner in the Steakhouse on board the Spirit.

Never tip the taxi drivers in Puerto Vallarta unless they help you with bags or luggage, give you a tour of lots of information or do something over and beyond driving you from point A to point B. Tipping drivers is not the norm unless the above applies.

That is so weird he quoted you that high of a price when clearly it is not even close to being that high :(

I hear you about the price......for us having stayed at and loving Dreams it is justified but can see how it might be too much for others, especially compared to another resort that is cheaper.

We have friends who LOVE the GC :)

Have a great cruise!

• 1 month later...

Apologies if this thread is too old, but thought others might search and find it of interest. We stopped in PV last week with the Carnival Splendor and took a Cab to Old town area. Lunch was at El Dorado (Free Drink coupons handed out at pier) and great fish (Dorado) sandwich was $9 USD. We walked a few steps up the beach and found the Tropicana Resort. Not as nice as Dreams, and not all-inclusive (But I would have had a hard time spending $30/person on food/beverage there), but for 140 pesos/person we had day access and full use of pool area. This came with 100 pesos/person in food/beverage credit which lasted a long time given the prices. Just my $0.02, but seemed like a nice escape and beach wasn't that busy and the resort was empty, had pool to ourselves, so wanted to offer my experience for those on a budget or looking for something different. ~$12 cab ride to get there. They also had beach chairs and umbrellas for use.

El Dorado (http://www.eldoradopv.com/)

Tropicana (http://www.hoteltropicana.com/tropicana_puerto_vallarta/#home)

• 5 months later...
Has anyone else been to Hotel Tropicana? Any info and distance from cruise port would be greatly appreciated.

The Tropicana is one of several beachfront hotels along Los Muertos Beach on Vallarta's south side. The info in the previous post was from July, the heart of Vallarta's slow season. Depending on when you will be in town, these hotels may or may not offer access to their property. In any event, nearly all hotels, bars & restaurants let you use their chairs, loungers, umbrellas and facities as long as you eat/drink at their place of business.

Distance ... Not within walking distance. Cab or city bus required. White Federal taxis (on port property) charge per person. Yellow city taxis (just outside the port) charge per ride with up to four passengers. Both have their rates set by zone. The Cuale River, it separates "downtown" from the "South side", is a zone boundry for both taxi companies. Taxi to the "arches" on the south end of the Malecon and walk the last hundred yards to the north end of Los Muertos Beach to save a few bucks.

Maps can be found at: http://www.vallartainfo.com/

Enjoy!

Adults only option! That sounds fantastic! Dont get me wrong, I love kids (I work in pediatrics) just not on my vacation! haha. Does the price include unlimited alcoholic drinks? Thanks for posting!

I just got this response from the Crown Paradise this morning.

Hola Thanks so much for contacting us

For those dates we do have special price for cruise members of 48 usd per adult and 24 per child under 6-12 years old, under 6 free

It is all inclusive tax and tips included already

To purchase directly at the front desk upon arrival

That includes everything.

Archived