All-Inclusive day pass in Puerto Vallarta?

Hi guys, my family and I are sailing on the Splendor on July 5th. We want to go to an all-inclusive for our day in Puerto Vallarta. Anyone know of any nice resorts that offer day passes which include use of the facilities alcoholic drinks and food? The cruise line offers one to somewhere called Mismaloya, but its 86 dollars a person. I feel like there is something cheaper out there. In Jamaica, we found a day pass for only 20 a person... that was perfect! Thanks!

Hi guys, my family and I are sailing on the Splendor on July 5th. We want to go to an all-inclusive for our day in Puerto Vallarta. Anyone know of any nice resorts that offer day passes which include use of the facilities alcoholic drinks and food? The cruise line offers one to somewhere called Mismaloya, but its 86 dollars a person. I feel like there is something cheaper out there. In Jamaica, we found a day pass for only 20 a person... that was perfect! Thanks!

I did a quick forum search for "inclusive" and it returned quite a numer of threads that give information on this subject. A couple of the largest are:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=958604&highlight=inclusive

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=925408&highlight=inclusive

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=804690&highlight=inclusive

Good luck & Enjoy!

Dear Mr. ****, it will be a pleasure have you here at the resort. The day pass cost is $69 us each pax, from 9:00am to 7:00pm.

Best regards.

Horacio Flores

Chief Concierge

Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta

Tel. (322) 226-8700 ext. 5000

Dir: (322) 226-8724

Fax: (322) 226-8705

concierge@dreamsvillamagna.com.mx

www.dreamsresorts.com

Dear Mr. ****, it will be a pleasure have you here at the resort. The day pass cost is $69 us each pax, from 9:00am to 7:00pm.

Best regards.

Horacio Flores

Chief Concierge

Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta

Tel. (322) 226-8700 ext. 5000

Dir: (322) 226-8724

Fax: (322) 226-8705

concierge@dreamsvillamagna.com.mx

www.dreamsresorts.com

that is a great price for a wonderful resort :)

Here is the other Dreams reply -

Dear Mr. ****,

Thank you very much for contacting Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa; it is a pleasure to assist you.

The cost for a day pass is $45.00USD per person for a maximum time of 6 hours, and includes meals, drinks and towels.

We hope to be able to host you in the near future, do not hesitate to contact us for any further information you might need.

Warm Regards,

Alexis Sariñana

Chief Concierge

Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resorts & Spa.

01 (322) 2265000. Ext. (5511)

www.amresorts.com

Here is the other Dreams reply -

Dear Mr. ****,

Thank you very much for contacting Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa; it is a pleasure to assist you.

The cost for a day pass is $45.00USD per person for a maximum time of 6 hours, and includes meals, drinks and towels.

We hope to be able to host you in the near future, do not hesitate to contact us for any further information you might need.

Warm Regards,

Alexis Sariñana

Chief Concierge

Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resorts & Spa.

01 (322) 2265000. Ext. (5511)

www.amresorts.com

We have stayed at this resort and LOVED it :)

We have been through Villamagna and are staying there this Oct.

Dreams PV for that cheap of a price??? That is a sweet deal. Don't know why Dreams PV is cheaper then Dreams Magna.....Dreams PV has three (smaller) pools to Magna's big one

I would personally go to Dreams PV ...BUT first I would grab a cab (110pesos)outside the cruise dock sitting on the curb, (DON'T get into a white taxi waiting in the crusie dock) into the Southside and explore that area then walk up to the river market and then the central Market...then walk down to the Malecon..walk that and then when you are good and hot, go to the Cheeky Monkey (right on the Malecon) to have a $1 Pacifico or Corona..THEN catch a cab (50 pesos or $5 USD they use the 10/1 ratio) to Dreams PV just before lunch to spend the day :) A cab back to Marina should be about 140 pesos

• 3 weeks later...
Does the day at Dreams PV include the activities? I saw the cliff rappelling and jungle trekking and it sounds fun. Also could have a friend hang on the beach with kids while we took turns

Jungle trekiing alternate with sea kayaking alternative days both were at 10 or 11 AM. We had older children (10-12)and young teens with us on the jungle trek.

Cliff rappeling was also at certain times, let me see if I can find my daily acitvaties guide from that week we were there.

I just got

Subject to availability, we can offer you the following passes for access to

Dreams Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta

Day Pass – 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. - $69 usd per person (Includes Breakfast,

Lunch, drinks, and beach towels).

Complete Day Pass – 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. - $100 usd per person (Includes

Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, drinks and beach towels).

Night Pass – 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. - $50 usd per person (includes Dinner, drinks

and beach towels)

Cruise Ship Day Pass – 6 hours maximum - $45.00USD per person (includes

meals, drinks and beach towels)

Children between the ages of 2 and 12 are half-price.

These prices are available from May 1st to Dec 18th.

Thank you. Was the jungle trek appropriate for the kids? Did they like?

The kids that were there seemed to enjoy it :) I wouldn't advise anyone under ten years old to try it as it is a bit of a work out.

DH just confirmed that Jungle trek did alternate with Kayak Tour and they were at 11 AM each day.

DH really liked the Kayak tour ( I had a bad chest infection so stayed on shore) IF the kids had life jackets(Dreams supply them) and were on the Double Kayaks with an adult this might be a fun time for them. They actuallly kayaked into PV.

Our daughter, her husband and two children just returned from a 5-day stay at the Dreams Resort in Puerto Vallarta. They really enjoyed it. It sounds like it might be a great place to get a day pass. I was happy to see someone mention it as it gave us an idea for our November 09 cruise.

I've been following this thread (thanks for the useful information). For Dreams PV, do you need to book the "day pass" from the cruise port in advance? Do I need to contact the hotel in advance or just show up on that day. TIA.

• 1 month later...
I've been following this thread (thanks for the useful information). For Dreams PV, do you need to book the "day pass" from the cruise port in advance? Do I need to contact the hotel in advance or just show up on that day. TIA.

I think you will need to make arrangements in advance. We had to, as they had a list at the guard station and they checked us off on when we got there. Also had to leave an ID which we picked up up on the way out.

Jimbo,

How do you go about getting on this list? I would definitely like to make sure that I am included as the more I read, the more I'm thinking I want to go. Is this is a safe place to stay as a single female during the day should I decide to let the boyfriend go to Los Verranos without me??

As always, any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Stacey

Jimbo,

How do you go about getting on this list? I would definitely like to make sure that I am included as the more I read, the more I'm thinking I want to go. Is this is a safe place to stay as a single female during the day should I decide to let the boyfriend go to Los Verranos without me??

As always, any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Stacey

Just email them (the address is either in this blog or another of similar name very close). Doubt there would be any problem. They were very friendly and helpful. Def. a safe place to stay for the day or an extended stay. No issues what so ever. Getting to and from the resort was very easy as well.

So I should be ok to take a taxi or something there to hang out and not have to worry about it??? My friends would meet up with me later. Just concerned about traveling as a solo female. How long is the ride there from the port terminal? Would you happen to know?

Has anyone told you today that you rock? You do! Thank you for taking the time to help out a fellow cruiser.

So I should be ok to take a taxi or something there to hang out and not have to worry about it??? My friends would meet up with me later. Just concerned about traveling as a solo female. How long is the ride there from the port terminal? Would you happen to know?

Has anyone told you today that you rock? You do! Thank you for taking the time to help out a fellow cruiser.

No Problem, thanks...but I am just giving back like many others here do...the info here is one of the things that make it so special. I learned here just as you are.

We found working with a taxi driver (just make sure they speak good English, there will be lot's around just outside the gates) was fast and easy. Ask about the price (you may have to pay for the cab, instead of a per person rate, as they are not filling the cab, just you, or try and hook up with others that are going and make it more reasonable...like here or in a blog for your cruise). Safety is not an issue in PV (IMHO). We had friends meet us there later in the day (they were on the list we had supplied). They came around 2 and they checked them off and they just walked in (W/O paying, thinking we had done for them in advance....only 2 of them and they stayed only for an hour). Nobody hassled us or gave anyone in our group a hard time. We also had a single female who met up with us early afternoon at Dreams after her excursion. She did the outbound to Dreams by herself in a cab....no problem.

The ride was a little longer than I thought going in, probably about 20 -25 minutes. Not a bad ride or through really bad areas or desolate areas. There are closer resorts (Krystal) where some of the crew hangs out (this was a port where Carnival gave people a half day off), but we had heard good things here (CC) about Dreams and were not disappointed.

Jim

Hi Jimbo, thanx for all of this. If you don't mind I have a question about Dreams. Is it located in the newer "hotel zone"? If I'm not mistaken, the sand is much nicer there (finder and lighter) than at Krystal. I found the sand at the beach right there by the dock is much darker and thicker. Did you notice any difference?

Archived