All-Inclusive day pass in Puerto Vallarta?

Hi Jimbo, thanx for all of this. If you don't mind I have a question about Dreams. Is it located in the newer "hotel zone"? If I'm not mistaken, the sand is much nicer there (finder and lighter) than at Krystal. I found the sand at the beach right there by the dock is much darker and thicker. Did you notice any difference?

I don't know the answer to your question in regards to the newer hotel Zone. It is south of the port, the sand was not dark...light tan as I recall if that helps. Near the port the sand was somwhat darker yes.

We have stayed at this resort and LOVED it :)

We have been through Villamagna and are staying there this Oct.

Dreams PV for that cheap of a price??? That is a sweet deal. Don't know why Dreams PV is cheaper then Dreams Magna.....Dreams PV has three (smaller) pools to Magna's big one

I would personally go to Dreams PV ...BUT first I would grab a cab (110pesos)outside the cruise dock sitting on the curb, (DON'T get into a white taxi waiting in the crusie dock) into the Southside and explore that area then walk up to the river market and then the central Market...then walk down to the Malecon..walk that and then when you are good and hot, go to the Cheeky Monkey (right on the Malecon) to have a $1 Pacifico or Corona..THEN catch a cab (50 pesos or $5 USD they use the 10/1 ratio) to Dreams PV just before lunch to spend the day :) A cab back to Marina should be about 140 pesos

Thanks for the info quincytoo! This is exactly the kind of self-tour I want to do before heading to Dreams but I'm not sure what southside, river market, central market, and the Malecon is. Can you elaborate? I was there last year and we walked the area with all the statues (seahorse, etc) by the water. Is that the Malecon? And I read all about the Cheeky Monkey last year and wanted to go but didn't have time!

I just found a map of Southside- any suggestions on what to see? http://vallartainfo.com/south.html

I just found a map of Southside- any suggestions on what to see? http://vallartainfo.com/south.html

Thank you for that link. You can also get a good map of the Malecon area from that, too. What is the flea market that is shown right on the river? Is it worth a visit or is it just junk? I am especially interested in handcrafts.

I am also interested in the Dreams day pass. What is there available there? What kind of meals are provided in the cruise passenger day pass?

Thank you for that link. You can also get a good map of the Malecon area from that, too. What is the flea market that is shown right on the river? Is it worth a visit or is it just junk? I am especially interested in handcrafts.

I am also interested in the Dreams day pass. What is there available there? What kind of meals are provided in the cruise passenger day pass?

Their open air restaurant is open. It is Buffet and drinks are served. Drink service on the beach also. Swim up bar in the main pool. You also have one hour use of non motorized items like kayak etc. Not sure how they know you are not a full guest as there was no wristband etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Their open air restaurant is open. It is Buffet and drinks are served. Drink service on the beach also. Swim up bar in the main pool. You also have one hour use of non motorized items like kayak etc. Not sure how they know you are not a full guest as there was no wristband etc.

Thank you for the response. We have opted to go with a private tour guide for the day, but I am sure others will find this information very helpful.:)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey cruisers!

I came to report back in. Dreams PV was awesome. The price was $45- for six hours. The lunch buffet does close down around 3- we got there in enough time to eat but we were so eager to get on the beach- we didn't go up. Instead our waiter brought us huge plates full of food- he was the one who warned us the buffet was closing.

I did send a guest list to the concierge but he said it wasn't needed. So we had no problems there. There is a guard shack and he will take a driver's license from one person in your party. At check-in they were pretty adamant about the 6 hour max and that we would pay more if we went over.

The sand at the beach is light tan but very coarse. The beach is wonderful, though and the water was divine! Parasailing was available for $50/pp. If you order beers, make sure that you ask for a bucket of ice to put them in because they are NOT cold cans. That and it makes your waiter not have to work so hard because with a party of six, we were thirsty and the poor chap was running!

I did take the advice of quincytoo and we did catch a $3/pp cab to the Malecon and directed them to take us straight to the Cheeky Monkey. Troy the owner was there and we were so thrilled to get to meet him (Hi Troy!). He was wonderful, a most gracious host- I couldn't stop huggin him- he was funny and full of stories and good cheer. His staff was excellent and the $1 pacificos, coronas, and margaritas were ICE cold. We ordered the chips and salsa sampler, nachos, and the spinach queso-all were super yummy!

LaBest souvenir shop right by the little lighthouse is my favorite shop. We go there every year for $3 and $5 teeshirts- good quality.

I'm attaching some pictures from Dreams PV and the Cheeky! :D

837086422_2009Cruise050.jpg.cf709eab3a9b7fd14920f76ba87b57fb.jpg

305385075_2009Cruise054.jpg.91cb252b2dad1951f4c22ffc1167ea14.jpg

178149535_2009Cruise056.jpg.e61a44fcfe07910215f8ed6eb81f5713.jpg

301245630_2009Cruise058.jpg.d8986efc7f51bc360bb54ee2f3f63622.jpg

Hey cruisers!

I came to report back in. Dreams PV was awesome. The price was $45- for six hours. The lunch buffet does close down around 3- we got there in enough time to eat but we were so eager to get on the beach- we didn't go up. Instead our waiter brought us huge plates full of food- he was the one who warned us the buffet was closing.

I did send a guest list to the concierge but he said it wasn't needed. So we had no problems there. There is a guard shack and he will take a driver's license from one person in your party. At check-in they were pretty adamant about the 6 hour max and that we would pay more if we went over.

The sand at the beach is light tan but very coarse. The beach is wonderful, though and the water was divine! Parasailing was available for $50/pp. If you order beers, make sure that you ask for a bucket of ice to put them in because they are NOT cold cans. That and it makes your waiter not have to work so hard because with a party of six, we were thirsty and the poor chap was running!

I did take the advice of quincytoo and we did catch a $3/pp cab to the Malecon and directed them to take us straight to the Cheeky Monkey. Troy the owner was there and we were so thrilled to get to meet him (Hi Troy!). He was wonderful, a most gracious host- I couldn't stop huggin him- he was funny and full of stories and good cheer. His staff was excellent and the $1 pacificos, coronas, and margaritas were ICE cold. We ordered the chips and salsa sampler, nachos, and the spinach queso-all were super yummy!

LaBest souvenir shop right by the little lighthouse is my favorite shop. We go there every year for $3 and $5 teeshirts- good quality.

OMG Renata HOW ARE YOU HONEY???? Remember Steve and I from the Destiny?? your wonderful tablemates and CC friends! You went to the MR without us so now we are going in October on the Spirit. Maybe we can go together again sometime...hope all is well with you! Mary Ann

Hey cruisers!

AWWWWW Love the pictures...sigh..I am so homesick for PV.....so good to hear you liked it :)

thank you for reporting back and the great pics :)

OMG Renata HOW ARE YOU HONEY???? Remember Steve and I from the Destiny?? your wonderful tablemates and CC friends! You went to the MR without us so now we are going in October on the Spirit. Maybe we can go together again sometime...hope all is well with you! Mary Ann

OMG Mary Ann!!!! :D Christina is looking over my shoulder as I checked back into this thread and we both let our big "AWWWW"s when we saw your post!! How are you two? Oh we had such a blast two years ago and it is AWESOME that you found us. You two were absolutely wonderful table mates and CC/roll call cruise buddies. Dang if we didn't miss each other by inches on the MR cruise eh? It would be AWESOME to cruise with you guys again. I hope we can. What's your next year plans? :D Hope all is super wonderful with you guys. Do you still keep in touch with Darcy and DH?

AWWWWW Love the pictures...sigh..I am so homesick for PV.....so good to hear you liked it :)

thank you for reporting back and the great pics :)

thanks again for such great advice!!! my roomie finally uploaded her pics so here's one more of our group at the Cheeky Monkey with Troy! :D

859230919_Sept2009065.jpg.d4a4d3d7d476b3a63ed2f3cff218f609.jpg

Hey cruisers!

I am interested in Dreams while we are on the Splendor in Nov. Do you have a phone number or website I could have to contact them?

Luv2cruise,

Here is the email from Dreams someone posted from one of the replies to this thread on page 1.

Dear Mr. ****,

Thank you very much for contacting Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa; it is a pleasure to assist you.

The cost for a day pass is $45.00USD per person for a maximum time of 6 hours, and includes meals, drinks and towels.

We hope to be able to host you in the near future, do not hesitate to contact us for any further information you might need.

Warm Regards,

Alexis Sariñana

Chief Concierge

Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resorts & Spa.

01 (322) 2265000. Ext. (5511)

www.amresorts.com

Here is what I found when I googled Dreams PV:

http://www.dreamsresorts.com/

you can check out the resort to see more if on what it looks like, etc.

nevermind.. i figured it out.. ;)

:) I was going to copy and paste my last post from the other thread but thought nahhh they will see it :)

LOL I am always amazed when people say they just got back from Puerto Vallarta and when I ask where they stayed find out they were actually in the next state higher up. I wish that the Travel Agents would use the proper names for Nuevo and Puerto Vallartas

OMG Mary Ann!!!! :D Christina is looking over my shoulder as I checked back into this thread and we both let our big "AWWWW"s when we saw your post!! How are you two? Oh we had such a blast two years ago and it is AWESOME that you found us. You two were absolutely wonderful table mates and CC/roll call cruise buddies. Dang if we didn't miss each other by inches on the MR cruise eh? It would be AWESOME to cruise with you guys again. I hope we can. What's your next year plans? :D Hope all is super wonderful with you guys. Do you still keep in touch with Darcy and DH?

Hey Renata and Christina! Darcy and I keep in touch by email. Just got one from her today and they were trying to come with us in Oct. but can't make it this year. Bummer! We keep saying we are gonna get together for dinner at some halfway point (we live a couple hours apart) but life keeps getting in the way. Steve's been at a new job for about a year (a very good move for him) and has big projects coming up so we probable can't cruise again for another year or so. I have been looking at the NCL Spirit Boston to Bermuda (just went with my sis and mom last month) maybe next September...but who knows? I'm open to suggestions. Would love to cruise with you guys again...any plans in the works for you?

Sorry to hijack this thread to talk but I can't find your email. I know I had it. Is there a way to do a private message on CC???

there is more then one dreams in PV. I notice there is a price difference. Are we talking about more then one location in PV...?

even though you figured it out, I'll post it so cruisers who are searching know the difference.

There are two Dreams resorts- one in NUEVO Vallarta and one in PUERTO Vallarta. Make sure you let your cab driver know its the one in PV.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone have the contact name and email address for Dreams PV? I tried sending a request for a day pass through their website contact link but it was returned undeliverable. We are cruising to Mexico on February 6/11 on Carnival's Splendor ship and would like to do an all inclusive day trip to a resort in both PV & Mazatlan. Any info on a good place in Mazatlan would be much appreciated to. Thanks! Lola

Does anyone have the contact name and email address for Dreams PV? I tried sending a request for a day pass through their website contact link but it was returned undeliverable. We are cruising to Mexico on February 6/11 on Carnival's Splendor ship and would like to do an all inclusive day trip to a resort in both PV & Mazatlan. Any info on a good place in Mazatlan would be much appreciated to. Thanks! Lola

I sent an email yesterday to info.drepv@dreamsresorts.com and got a response this morning from the concierge. His direct email address is included. Here's the response:

Thank you very much for your interest in our Dreams Puerto Vallarta Rsort & Spa.

We offer you our special all inclusive (lunch, drinks, facilities, activities and more) day pass at $75 US dollars per adult. Children from 2 to 12 years old pay half.

We are located 5 miles South from the Marina Pier and the taxi fare should $20 US dollars. Depending the king of vehicle.

We are looking forward to welcoming you on the 14th of February in our Dreams.

It is my pleasure,

GetInline.aspx?messageid=a049d18e-f658-11df-91e4-00215ad7b3ca&attindex=0&cp=-1&attdepth=0&imgsrc=cid%3aimage001.jpg%4001CB8A32.DD179820&hm__login=lskubal&hm__domain=hotmail.com&ip=10.12.132.8&d=d183&mf=0&hm__ts=Mon%2c%2022%20Nov%202010%2018%3a02%3a10%20GMT&st=lskubal&hm__ha=01_060d9d36ff5b8080be0455a54c4c1bf037ead6258d617a4176fef155557a557f&oneredir=1

Gregorio Robles

Head Concierge

Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa

Carr.a Barra de Navidad S/N KM 3.5

Zona Hotelera Sur Puerto Vallarta Jalisco 48390

Tel: 01 322 226 5000 Ext. 5520

Dir. 01 322 226 5017

Email: concierge2.drepv@dreamsresorts.com

I sent an email yesterday to info.drepv@dreamsresorts.com and got a response this morning from the concierge. His direct email address is included. Here's the response:

Thank you very much for your interest in our Dreams Puerto Vallarta Rsort & Spa.

We offer you our special all inclusive (lunch, drinks, facilities, activities and more) day pass at $75 US dollars per adult. Children from 2 to 12 years old pay half.

We are located 5 miles South from the Marina Pier and the taxi fare should $20 US dollars. Depending the king of vehicle.

We are looking forward to welcoming you on the 14th of February in our Dreams.

It is my pleasure,

GetInline.aspx?messageid=a049d18e-f658-11df-91e4-00215ad7b3ca&attindex=0&cp=-1&attdepth=0&imgsrc=cid%3aimage001.jpg%4001CB8A32.DD179820&hm__login=lskubal&hm__domain=hotmail.com&ip=10.12.132.8&d=d183&mf=0&hm__ts=Mon%2c%2022%20Nov%202010%2018%3a02%3a10%20GMT&st=lskubal&hm__ha=01_060d9d36ff5b8080be0455a54c4c1bf037ead6258d617a4176fef155557a557f&oneredir=1

Gregorio Robles

Head Concierge

Dir. 01 322 226 5017

I just got a similar email.... For $45 we were seriously considering it, but for $75 pp I doubt it.

Thank you very much for your interest in our Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa.

Our special all inclusive (lunch, drinks, facilities, amenities and more) day pas for cruise ship passengers is $75 US dollars per adult. Children from 2 to 12 years old pay half.

The price of $45 US dollars was 3 years ago and in low season.

We are located 5 miles South from the Marina Pier and the taxi fare should be around $20 US dollars.

An ID will be required at the gate.

We are looking forward to welcoming you on the 25th of January in our Dreams.

It is my pleasure,

driver?nimlet=download&fn=INBOX&mid=12899&partIndex=3&disp=inline

Gregorio Robles

Head Concierge

Dir. 01 322 226 5017

driver?nimlet=download&fn=INBOX&mid=12899&partIndex=2&disp=inline

Thanks for the info! I agree, for $45 we were going to do it, for $75...now it's out of our budget. Can anyone tell me about the public beaches? Are they clean? Restrooms available? Will we be bothered to death by street vendors? Lola

Archived