Cruising to half moon cay

Granny1

I KNOW THAT SOME OF THE CRUISES GO TO HALF MOON CAY BUT I AM SEEING THAT MOST OF THEM ARE IN THE SUMMER MONTHS..DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A CRUISE THAT STOPS AT HALF MOON CAY THAT GOES MAYBE IN JAN?:confused:

WOULD LIKE TO CELEBRATE THE BIG 60 SITTING ON A BEACH..

THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HAS POSTED THEIR PICTURES OF HALF MOON CAY, THAT REALLY CHANGED MY MIND..;)

I KNOW THAT SOME OF THE CRUISES GO TO HALF MOON CAY BUT I AM SEEING THAT MOST OF THEM ARE IN THE SUMMER MONTHS..DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A CRUISE THAT STOPS AT HALF MOON CAY THAT GOES MAYBE IN JAN?:confused:

THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT HAS POSTED THEIR PICTURES OF HALF MOON CAY, THAT REALLY CHANGED MY MIND..;)

I didn't see any cruises to Half Moon Cay in Jan. Sorry :(

Fascination from Jacksonville...But apparently she is in drydock this coming Jan, as no cruises showing at all...

If you move over to Holland America, there are multiple sailings to HMC in Jan with choice of Eurodam, Zuiderdam, and Westerdam. EM

We did the bicycle tour on HMC last month and the guide told us the winter is considered their off season and they do not get a lot of ships at all during that time. She said the temp sometimes is not above the sixties.

HMC is indeed one of the top 3 most gorgeous place I've seen in the Caribbean. A perfect powder sand beach with crystal clear water.

I'm sailing to Half Moon Cay January 11, 2010 on the Destiny out of Miami

Although HMC is technically in the Bahamas (from what I've read), Carnival includes it in their Eastern Caribbean itineraries.

I would just go to Carnival.com, Find a Cruise, select January, select Bahamas and Caribbean, then select the Florida ports.

You'll then be able to see all the December itineraries that include HMC.

Looks like a couple of folks have already listed the few sailings in January.

You might want to consider going in December. I love sailing mid-December (have my 4th scheduled for this year). I've been to HMC twice in December and while the water is cooler than late spring/early summer, it's plenty hot enough to enjoy a beautiful day in the sun on one of the most gorgeous places I've ever had the pleasure to visit.

HMC is really Holland America's private island. HAL goes there more than CCL. Google the Berry Islands, Bahamas. HMC is one of the Berry Islands. If you Google them, you will see they are located in the ATLANTIC, due EAST of Florida. More than 500 miles NORTH of the Caribbean. Weather at HMC is MOSTLY nice in Jan., but it can be in the high 30's, low 40's too.

Carnival ships going to HMC Jan 2010:

Destiny (Jan 11 and 25 sailings) and Glory (Jan 17 sailing) - both from Miami.

A number of HAL ships stop at HMC during Jan 2010.

Looks like Carnvial changed the itinerary for Liberty Jan 9, 2010 sailing to include HMC so you have an additional option.

Hope you find one that works for you!

It looks like CCL has changed several of the Eastern Carribean itineraries on Liberty to include HMC. My 12/12/09 out of Miami just got changed and now includes HMC. I would search again I think you have more options now with these changes.

HMC is really Holland America's private island. HAL goes there more than CCL. Google the Berry Islands, Bahamas. HMC is one of the Berry Islands. If you Google them, you will see they are located in the ATLANTIC, due EAST of Florida. More than 500 miles NORTH of the Caribbean. Weather at HMC is MOSTLY nice in Jan., but it can be in the high 30's, low 40's too.

DH & I were there on the Elation in Jan. '06. The water was warm and temps in the upper 70's to low 80's. Perfect getaway! We loved it! :D Wish we were there now. :p

Luv's Crusin'

DH and I have been to Half Moon Cay a number of times and it is a lovely tropical paradise. We were there last November and the ocean was freezing:eek: The air temp was warm, but the water was so cold. We have been there other times of the year and it is much warmer. However, I would suspect Jan. would be even colder. We live in Florida and we were experiencing unusually cold weather last November so that could explain why it was also cold in the Bahamas. Whatever time of the year, you will still love HMC!

DH & I were there on the Elation in Jan. '06. The water was warm and temps in the upper 70's to low 80's. Perfect getaway! We loved it! :D Wish we were there now. :p

Luv's Crusin'

What I said was' date=' "Weather at HMC is MOSTLY nice in Jan., but it can be in the high 30's, low 40's too."

HMC is around 200 miles EAST and slightly south of where I live. HMC IS in the Atlantic ocean and is well east of the warm Gulf Stream. Yes the weather is MOSTLY nice all year round, so is Florida's weather. But we get some bitter cold days too! [not northern bitter cold, Florida bitter cold.]

Carnival just changed the itinerary for the Eastern Caribbean 7 day from Miami January 9 and 23 to feature Half Moon Cay..you can check it out on the website

Day Port of Call

SAT MIAMI, FL

SUN HALF MOON CAY, BAHAMAS

MON FUN DAY AT SEA

TUE ST. THOMAS, USVI

WED SAN JUAN, PUERTO RICO

THU GRAND TURK

FRI FUN DAY AT SEA

SAT MIAMI, FL :)

I believe the weather would be much better than western Pa in Jan and as long as they didn't have any of that white cold stuff flying around I will be happy..The pictures that I have seen are really beautiful..;)

I believe the weather would be much better than western Pa in Jan and as long as they didn't have any of that white cold stuff flying around I will be happy..The pictures that I have seen are really beautiful..;)

Winter in Western PA. IS why I live in Florida now!:( Have only seen that white cold stuff 2 times in 25 years in Florida. Doubt that HMC has ever seen it.

Archived