My Royal Points Certs are here!! They're here!

Hurray!!! Ordered them on Monday and received them on Friday! Nice turnaround!!!

Now I need to apply them....hmmmmmmmm I have one 50,000 two 15,000 and one 5,000.

9 night cruise we have balc & inside

Any suggestions?

~Connie

OBC is nice but already have some of that - - although I guess it's never enough LOL.

I'm leaning towards $800 off the cruise...I'd like to do the OV -> Balc upgrade but I wouldn't get the full value of the certs that way. Too bad the OV's havent dropped in price then maybe it would be worth it. Might wait it out for a bit. The rest could be OBC for the kids I guess.

Cant wait for this cruise!!!

~C

I would use one of the 15,000 points for an upgrade from inside to outside (keeping your balcony cabin) it looks like the price difference between inside and outide is enough to make your $150 coupon worth the maximum of $300) Or did I miss something, looks like for your cruise inside to outside is more thatn $150 per person??

I would use one of the 15,000 points for an upgrade from inside to outside (keeping your balcony cabin) it looks like the price difference between inside and outide is enough to make your $150 coupon worth the maximum of $300) Or did I miss something, looks like for your cruise inside to outside is more thatn $150 per person??

wouldn't work if the OP kids are under 21 as the OV would be on a different deck then the balcony.

Ordered mine on the 12th. Got mine on the 19th. Mailed mine to RCI on the 20th after I called to inform them it was coming. Make sure you make a copy of the certificate before you amil it just in case it gets lost.

I use my RCCL VISA only when purchasing from RCCL (getting double points). I then cash out at 5000/10000 increments for OBC. The net is a 2% rebate. Purchases made other than through RCCL would be just 1%, which is far less than 2.5-3% available through some other cards.

Am I missing the boat so to speak by not letting these accumulate for a free cruise? I mean ... are the points worth more towards a cruise than OBC? What's the smart strategy?

Another things that I'm thinking about is the credit card companies are having a hard time and about to enter a much more difficult time. They can and will alter reward programs without advance notice, deflating the value of accumulating points. I had one credit card company already cut the value of accumulated points by 1/3 and there's nothing to keep the RCCL program from doing same, or just telling you your points are worth zip. Yes, they can .. just like they can change C&A benefits and change the ports.

Archived