Is there ever a full day of sun in Bermuda?

Kgol

i leave this Saturday on the GOS and have been checking the weather daily.. kindy geeky, I know... But it rains every day and the weather looks like it has been awful for three straight weeks. Jeez... if this is the high season, what's it like in the low season... retorical question.

Anyone back from Bermuda with some real weather info?

Unfortunately, Bermuda has been victim to the fronts that have brought lots of rain to the east coast this spring.

When we were there 3 weeks ago, they called for rain every day. It was basically partly cloudy with scattered short showers ala Florida in the summer.

I spoke with someone who was there last week and she said their weather was the same as ours.

In spite of all of the rain forcasts for Bermuda in the past month, they are suffereing from a severe drought this year. Lots of clouds but very little rain.

kgol,

In 8 trips to Bermuda, I can count the number of rainy or cloudy days on ONE hand.:)

Yes, cloudy weather is a bummer if you're going on vacation but Bermuda desperately needs the water. People living there have even had to BUY water since they are dependent upon what comes out of the sky.

i leave this Saturday on the GOS and have been checking the weather daily.. kindy geeky, I know... But it rains every day and the weather looks like it has been awful for three straight weeks. Jeez... if this is the high season, what's it like in the low season... retorical question.

We were there the week of 6/7 and saw the same forecast but the weather was parly cloudy with some sprinkles and every day was a beach day!:D

This is today's forecast on weather.bm:

"It's been a very wet June so far and that trend continues today as a nearly stationary low pressure system to the northwest and its associated frontal boundary, continue to dominate our weather pattern. As the low moves away, conditions will gradually improve on Thursday and into Friday, leading in to a decent weekend."

We had a drought all spring with endless sunny skies and no rain. We have now had a June with endless rain and cloudy skies. Neither of these conditions is usual - you're not the only one wishing the rain would stop!

We were there last week, on our first full day (Wed) the forcast was occasional showers, which was even announced by the captain. It was cloudy until maybe 10 or 11 o'clock, then turned out to be a beautiful sunny day which we were not prepared for. We dressed for shopping and sightseeing instead of the beach. Couldn't resist the water so we rolled up our capris and walked in. Thursday we left the ship with our swimsuits on, prepared for the beach no matter what the forcast was. It was mostly cloudy and did end up raining. Friday was mostly cloudy with rain again.

Just be prepared no matter what, so that you don't lose out seeing the beautiful beaches there. Horseshoe Bay is beautiful and if you go over to St George, Tobacco Bay beach is a must see, it's beautiful!!! they also have a concession stand there.

Have a wonderful vacation.

Kgol- I check the weather before cruising, as well. I too am worried about weather on Bermuda. I will be there 7/6-7/7 (wedding on the 7th) and I am praying for no rain. As I live in Jersey, I know that this June has been one of the worst on records in terms of rain and lack of warm weather.

I hope both of our trips include sun!

We did a land vacation there some yrs ago-- it rained every day & was cloudy--the sun came out as we boarded our return flight--it was also in June.

Hope we have better luck when we travel over Labor Day in 2010!

• 2 weeks later...

We were supposed to get to St. Georges on the 23rd. The winds were too strong to make it in. We hung out in the ocean for another day. We finally made it in on Wednesday in gale force winds and torrential rains. It was stormy all day and the next day too. There was a break in the clouds at Dockyards for an hour and a half. We snorkeled at Snorkel Park and then the rains began again. On Friday, it was beautiful. We had to be back on the ship by 10:30 to leave. It was WINDY and got cloudy again by 3. The Saturday we were at sea was cloudy and WINDY. All told.... there were 6 hours of sunshine when we were actually docked in Bermuda and 4 and a half inches of rain. I'm sure the cisterns were full of rainwater when we left!:o

I have been to Bermuda 3 times. In august it was hot and sunny, not a day of rain. In May it was mostly cloudy, cool and rainy. The best weather that trip was the day we left (and that May trip we flew in and were there an entire week). June cruise 2008 had the best weather of any cruise that had been there to date that season. The forecast had called for showers every day and it actually never rained and was mostly sunny and just perfect weather actually. Our next cruise is 7/17 and I'm praying for picture perfect weather, but if it doesn't turn out that way, I'm not going to fret over it. We may get an occasional shower but forecasts are often wrong (like last year). Just have fun and enjoy yourself! It will be over before you know it and you'll want to go back for more!

We were in Bermuda Sunday June 28th to Wednesday morning July 1st and had pretty good weather, but not classic Bermuda weather at all. It was better than the week before - I heard from folks getting off the previous cruise that is was very windy, not great weather. For our stay, there were a lot of clouds but it seemed that the sun was out almost all the time. It was breezy, hot, humid. I guess the weather turned worse after we left, but I am grateful we had the good days.

I guess the weather turned worse after we left, but I am grateful we had the good days.

We were there from 6/28 to 7/5. After Wed 7/1 the weather got markedly better. Thursday was morning rain, afternoon sun. Friday, Saturday and Sunday were sunny and beautiful. We left Sunday night.

We were there from 6/28 to 7/5. After Wed 7/1 the weather got markedly better. Thursday was morning rain, afternoon sun. Friday, Saturday and Sunday were sunny and beautiful. We left Sunday night.

Glad you had good weather. I think I heard there was a rainy day after we left and thought the weather went bad.

Archived