SD2 Fall '10 Transatlantic Crossing

ctbjr1309

I just looked at DJ's DH, who is working from home today, and told him that two weeks from right now we will be on SD2, sipping champagne and unpacking our suitcases for our 11 night sailing:D

Now it really is time to get serious about packing!!

I just looked at DJ's DH, who is working from home today, and told him that two weeks from right now we will be on SD2, sipping champagne and unpacking our suitcases for our 11 night sailing:D

Now it really is time to get serious about packing!!

Are we going to manage with carry ons???:eek:

Are we going to manage with carry ons???:eek:

No way Jim!:eek:

We will probably check two suitcases. I always cross pack (some of his clothes and some of mine) in case one is misplaced while in transit.

We are flying CLT to Frankfurt to Lisbon so we'll see...

FRA was quite the zoo 3 wks ago. Got searched 3 times there.:eek: Guess I am a shady looking sort.

I've heard you are a shady looking character Jim:p

DJ's DH flies through FRA quite often so he is very familiar with the airport. This will be my first time in any part of Germany.

DJ's DH flies through FRA quite often so he is very familiar with the airport. This will be my first time in any part of Germany.

Will you have time to catch a flick at FRA? DJ's DH probably knows where the movie theater is.....

Will you have time to catch a flick at FRA? DJ's DH probably knows where the movie theater is.....

DJ's DH said, in his best Sgt. Schultz voice, "I hear nothing, I see nothing, I know nothing!"

Back to scouring past SD fall crossing photos to determine what I need to supplement my wardrobe:p

Lurking a little lately--CC is very dangerous for me because my wallet always suffers!! I'm always wanting to book something after reading!! But I had to write to say how excited I am for DJ, DJs DH, FT, Ctbjr1309, and all the rest embarking in just 11 days on the SD2 crossing. Have a wonderful time, I can't wait to see all your photos on the website! Please have them post ctbjr's drink so I know I had the right one last March!! TeeHee!!! Safe travels to all and enjoy! We'll be with you in great spirit!

this time next week, I'll be packing like a maniac for my flight to Lisbon on Saturday.:D

What!!! You haven't started to pack:eek: I have packed and unpacked ... in my mind of course ... at least once a day. The REAL packing will start in earnest by Thursday for our Sunday flight.

Only 175 more days for me FT!! LOL !! :D Maybe I shouldn't have made that countdown clock yet.....

Don't tell bad ohmiss! When I first set my countdown clock is was well over 300 days:rolleyes:

What!!! You haven't started to pack:eek: I have packed and unpacked ... in my mind of course ... at least once a day. The REAL packing will start in earnest by Thursday for our Sunday flight.

Check the pool table, DJ...My packing has started for REAL:D

Don't tell bad ohmiss! When I first set my countdown clock is was well over 300 days:rolleyes:

WELL over 300 days...we booked 18 months ago, and I think your countdown clock was closer to 500 days!!!:eek:

Really getting close now.:D DJ, did you do the e ticket or did you get the leather and canvas tags/folder?? Curious minds want to know.

J.

Good evening all ... quite a busy day here with doctor appointments (DJ's DH back and DD's check up) but the countdown has begun in earnest!!

For the first time ever Jim we opted for e-tickets and the $50 spa credit. I will have to ogle Mr. and Mrs. ctbjr's folder and luggage tags:p

Have to share a humorous telephone conversation I had with my father this morning...

DJ's Dad: "So will the purser exchange your money at each stop while you are in Europe."

DJ: "Once we get on board in Lisbon we won't see land until our arrival in San Juan."

Long silence ...

DJ's Dad: "No, really Jen ... you are stopping at other islands and countries during those 12 days on the ship."

DJ: "No Dad ... We are CROSSING the Atlantic."

DJ's Dad: "Wow ... so what are you going to do all that time ... besides, eat and drink and read."

DJ: "Nothing ... Absolutely nothing!"

DJ's Dad: "Really Jen ... no stopping."

DJ: "Really Dad."

That is why ol' Ragnar will never get to do a crossing. After about the third day at sea Mrs D would have the other passengers on their hands and knees scrubbing the decks with their own toothbrushes :eek: And three days is being optomistic about her ability to just relax.... I think I will start calling her Captain Bligh :D

That is why ol' Ragnar will never get to do a crossing. After about the third day at sea Mrs D would have the other passengers on their hands and knees scrubbing the decks with their own toothbrushes :eek: And three days is being optomistic about her ability to just relax.... I think I will start calling her Captain Bligh :D

The real test, as far as I am concerned, is DJ's DH's ability to be disconnected from his Blackberry. He will have the internet connection as his lifeline ... although I am lobbying for an every other day approach (yeah ... like that is going to happen).

As for me ... well let's just say that on our last cruise, which was 10 nights in the Caribbean with FT, ZQVol and the jbcjtc'ers, I set a personal record of leaving the ship three times. Usually I board and don't leave the yacht except for the champagne and caviar splash ... oh yeah ... and disembarking:mad:

Did I start this thread back in June '09? Seems like just yesterday, doesn't it? Hard to believe that it's almost time to head for Lisbon. So much to do between now and then but more often than not most of it tends to get done.

For those of you joining us, we look forward to seeing you in Lisbon and to spending 11 days with you on board SD2. For those of you not joining us, don't worry FT and I will make certain that DJ does an excellent job of vicariously bringing you across the Atlantic with us.

By the way, does anybody know what has happened to Seasoned Sailors (see postings early on in this thread that stopped quite a while ago)?

Did I start this thread back in June '09? Seems like just yesterday, doesn't it? Hard to believe that it's almost time to head for Lisbon. So much to do between now and then but more often than not most of it tends to get done.

For those of you joining us, we look forward to seeing you in Lisbon and to spending 11 days with you on board SD2. For those of you not joining us, don't worry FT and I will make certain that DJ does an excellent job of vicariously bringing you across the Atlantic with us.

By the way, does anybody know what has happened to Seasoned Sailors (see postings early on in this thread that stopped quite a while ago)?

Good question about Seasoned Sailors. We never did figure out who our mystery guests are for this sailing. Wondering if they still plan on join us.

If I can wrestle the laptop away from DJ's DH from time to time then I will do my best at reporting.

Archived