SD2 Fall '10 Transatlantic Crossing

ctbjr1309

According to the SD website, the dates, duration and port of embarkation for the SD2 Fall '10 Crossing have been changed. Originally this trip was scheduled as a 9 day jaunt from Tenerife to San Juan, departing on Nov. 17 and arriving in San Juan the day after Thanksgiving.

Now (and perhaps as a result of popular demand) the website is showing a 13 day trip from Barcelona to San Juan, departing on Nov. 8 and arriving in San Juan on Nov. 21.

For those of us (you know who you are) who had hesitated to book this trip because of the dates or the short duration, it's time to call SD or your travel agents and get yourselves booked. This is sure to be a great trip.

According to the SD website, the dates, duration and port of embarkation for the SD2 Fall '10 Crossing have been changed. Originally this trip was scheduled as a 9 day jaunt from Tenerife to San Juan, departing on Nov. 17 and arriving in San Juan the day after Thanksgiving.

Now (and perhaps as a result of popular demand) the website is showing a 13 day trip from Barcelona to San Juan, departing on Nov. 8 and arriving in San Juan on Nov. 21.

For those of us (you know who you are) who had hesitated to book this trip because of the dates or the short duration, it's time to call SD or your travel agents and get yourselves booked. This is sure to be a great trip.

This just made my day . .. greetings from Johannesburg, South Africa. Here for work, but in the middle of soccer mania.

I can not wait . . . nothing in my inbox alerting me to the change but of course, its a very welcome change. :D:D:D

FT

This just made my day . .. greetings from Johannesburg, South Africa. Here for work, but in the middle of soccer mania.

I can not wait . . . nothing in my inbox alerting me to the change but of course, its a very welcome change. :D:D:D

FT

what a surprise! thank you for the update. I wonder when they will notify us, and I certainly hope that they honor prior reservations. I would hate to start all over again.

The ports and schedule do not reflect the changes. Will there be any stops in 13 days of a crossing? The price, while increased a little, is still a bargain for 13 days on the SD.

The ports and schedule do not reflect the changes. Will there be any stops in 13 days of a crossing? The price, while increased a little, is still a bargain for 13 days on the SD.

I'm sure they'll update the ports and schedule soon. My understanding is that there are no planned stops between Barcelona and San Juan, which certainly is fine with me. I agree that the pricing is quite attractive.

FT

Of course I can't escape during the middle of the semester. Where is the lottery when you need it so I can retire!

So CTJBR - is this now an official roll call thread? My calendar is marked -- any suggestions on hotels for a gathering place, el jefe?

FT

As you can see I just update my signature to include the countdown to crossing ... and we have 497 days:eek:

Sheesh ... I can't even book the FF tickets yet:p

As you can see I just update my signature to include the countdown to crossing ... and we have 497 days:eek:

I'll believe DJ's DH is actually going to make the crossing when I see him in Barcelona . . . and then I'll check to see if you know what has frozen over :p The man checked his crackberry in the Caribbean . . . does he know it definitely doesn't work in the Atlantic? He will definitely have to leave the Office unless the ship has wireless by then (and that's one upgrade I hope they never make).

FT

I'll believe DJ's DH is actually going to make the crossing when I see him in Barcelona . . . and then I'll check to see if you know what has frozen over :p The man checked his crackberry in the Caribbean . . . does he know it definitely doesn't work in the Atlantic? He will definitely have to leave the Office unless the ship has wireless by then (and that's one upgrade I hope they never make).

FT

Ssshhh ... don't tell him that the crackberry won't work in the Atlantic. Knowing him he will find a way to be a beta tester for some new technology:rolleyes:

Gee, only 153 days to SDII! Already planning the carry on. Must buy new flip flops.

Have a cool Sunday. Its HOT here.

J.

So CTBJR - is this now an official roll call thread? My calendar is marked -- any suggestions on hotels for a gathering place, el jefe?

FT

I don't know why we can't use this as the official roll call thread for the trip. As for hotels, I'll do some research and report back.

Mrs. CTBJR and I will most likely fly into Barcelona on Saturday morning so that we'll be there 2 nights prior to rejoining our friends on SD2.

I don't know why we can't use this as the official roll call thread for the trip. As for hotels, I'll do some research and report back.

Mrs. CTBJR and I will most likely fly into Barcelona on Saturday morning so that we'll be there 2 nights prior to rejoining our friends on SD2.

Barcelona is so wonderful, a few extra days at the beginning might be merited. SPG points on the hotel?

FT

Barcelona is so wonderful, a few extra days at the beginning might be merited. SPG points on the hotel?

FT

I'm burning up a ton of SPG points in July but no doubt will have built up plenty more between now and Nov. 2010 so I'll definitely factor that into the search!

My entire life is geared around "points" so I will fly in when as points allow and will stay where the points allow. The Meridian SPG in Barcelona is very fine...I have stayed there before and can say it is a great points value and could be the place for all. Great location and very adequate.

Close enough to the port to be a fast ride.

Gee, only 153 days to SDII! Already planning the carry on. Must buy new flip flops.

Have a cool Sunday. Its HOT here.

J.

Good luck in flip flop shopping:p

We've never been to Spain so we are looking forward to a few days to explore before we join the ship.

My entire life is geared around "points" so I will fly in when as points allow and will stay where the points allow. The Meridian SPG in Barcelona is very fine...I have stayed there before and can say it is a great points value and could be the place for all. Great location and very adequate.

Close enough to the port to be a fast ride.

I hear you on points:D Now I have to wait until the 330 day mark to book our air.

We aren't members of Starwood ... we have Hilton Honors. Maybe I need to change?

We aren't members of Starwood ... we have Hilton Honors. Maybe I need to change?

The great thing about the Starwood program is that points can be used for any any airline ticket also - not just limited to hotel nights. So the AMEX Starwood CC is a favorite way to build the SPG points. Because of business travel I belong to the Marriott, Hilton, and a few other reward programs too so wherever we stay will hopefully be a points stay by fall 2010:D

FT

The great thing about the Starwood program is that points can be used for any any airline ticket also - not just limited to hotel nights. So the AMEX Starwood CC is a favorite way to build the SPG points. Because of business travel I belong to the Marriott, Hilton, and a few other reward programs too so wherever we stay will hopefully be a points stay by fall 2010:D

FT

Very interesting ... I'll have to look into it as you know I can do a lot of damage, um rack up points, between now and Fall '10:p

Very interesting ... I'll have to look into it as you know I can do a lot of damage, um rack up points, between now and Fall '10:p

Unless you jump on a SD in the Caribbean this fall and use them up.

My wonderful wife and I are also on the trip. Since I work for InterContinental, I'm hesitant to stay at the competitors :) although unfortunately IHG has very few properties in Barcelona:(. FYI, IHG has a great frequency program, Priority Club Rewards, that even allows you to use your points for other hotels...so, maybe I'll just have to use our points to join the crowd wherever. We'll probably also look to stay a few days in San Juan at end of trip since I can probably get a very good rate at the IC there :D

• 3 weeks later...

Since I noticed on another thread that you are counting down the days . . . don't forget the hotel assignment. I like the suggestion for the Meridian and I have enough points to book a few nights. :D

FT

Archived