SD2 Fall '10 Transatlantic Crossing

ctbjr1309

Since I noticed on another thread that you are counting down the days . . . don't forget the hotel assignment. I like the suggestion for the Meridian and I have enough points to book a few nights. :D

FT

Let's go with Le Meridian. Looks like a great location (Las Ramblas) and for 12,000 Starwood points a night, the price is right!

We're booked for arrival on Saturday, Nov. 6 and departure on Monday, Nov. 8. Who else will be joining us there and then?

Let's go with Le Meridian. Looks like a great location (Las Ramblas) and for 12,000 Starwood points a night, the price is right!

We're booked for arrival on Saturday, Nov. 6 and departure on Monday, Nov. 8. Who else will be joining us there and then?

Guess I better get a Starwood card and start charging away:eek:

Don't think that will be a problem . . . .especially if Chico's has a couple of sales between now and then. Got a very nice e-mail from the Commodore with a few other recommendations for hotel. His brother Mack had let him know of our search. However, since I too have plenty of SPG points, I'm booked at Le Meridien too . . .

Thanks LBLB for the recommendation.

Now its just a matter for the 330 days for FF seats to become available (hopefully at the cheap point rate). Talk about addiction . . . can't wait for 2010 to get here and at my age, wishing for time to pass is not my normal mode:rolleyes:

FT

Don't think that will be a problem . . . .especially if Chico's has a couple of sales between now and then. Got a very nice e-mail from the Commodore with a few other recommendations for hotel. His brother Mack had let him know of our search. However, since I too have plenty of SPG points, I'm booked at Le Meridien too . . .

Thanks LBLB for the recommendation.

Now its just a matter for the 330 days for FF seats to become available (hopefully at the cheap point rate). Talk about addiction . . . can't wait for 2010 to get here and at my age, wishing for time to pass is not my normal mode:rolleyes:

FT

Applied for the card online yesterday:p Between the bonus and my usual spend we should be fine:eek:

Received the same email and we too greatly appreciated the recommendations.

I have the 330 day marked on my calendar as well for the FF tickets. Plenty of miles in DJ's DH accounts so we should be fine.

Applied for the card online yesterday:p Between the bonus and my usual spend we should be fine:eek:

I am sure that is the case. I have had my Starwood card less than a year and have racked up enough points to have used them for 9 nights in Germany, Austria and Czech Republic earlier this month and booked 2 nights at Le Meridien in Barcelona in November '10! Still have more to spare.

I'll believe DJ's DH is actually going to make the crossing when I see him in Barcelona . . . and then I'll check to see if you know what has frozen over :p The man checked his crackberry in the Caribbean . . . does he know it definitely doesn't work in the Atlantic? He will definitely have to leave the Office unless the ship has wireless by then (and that's one upgrade I hope they never make).

FT

OK, FT...the gloves are off! I have never (in my life) had a vacation longer than 10 days... and frankly I'm looking forward to 13 days with some close friends, good food and beverage, and the most awesome service I've ever experienced....

While I struggle with the lack of "ports of call", the possibility of fulfilling my need for speed (jet ski's), and frankly, the sight of land; my greatest fear is that of being disconnected... I'm sure SOMEHOW, between my love for technology, and developments and improvements in technology, etc., ...we'll work that one out...

Houston, we have a problem...the card(s) have arrived, and already are showing "wear patterns". Where is the logic here??? :confused: I'm willing to spend a few hundred $, vs. THOUSANDS:eek: to get a FREE night???

Once again, you two have sucked me into this conversation on a trip 464 days away...not that it isn't exciting, important, or anything like that...but can we focus on the next YEAR???

OK' date=' FT...the gloves are off! I have never (in my life) had a vacation longer than 10 days... and frankly I'm looking forward to 13 days with some close friends, good food and beverage, and the most awesome service I've ever experienced....

While I struggle with the lack of "ports of call", the possibility of fulfilling my need for speed (jet ski's), and frankly, the sight of land; my greatest fear is that of being disconnected... I'm sure SOMEHOW, between my love for technology, and developments and improvements in technology, etc., ...we'll work that one out...[/quote']

If everything I have heard is true about the crossings the seas should be calmer than what we have experienced the last two consecutive Marchs in the Caribbean. In terms of your need for speed ... perhaps Wii sports will come out with a jet ski game between now and then. Or if you are really good they will let you ride on a tender/lifeboat in the middle of the Atlantic during a drill:eek::rolleyes::p

Houston' date=' we have a problem...the card(s) have arrived, and already are showing "wear patterns". Where is the logic here??? :confused: I'm willing to spend a few hundred $, vs. THOUSANDS:eek: to get a FREE night???

Once again, you two have sucked me into this conversation on a trip 464 days away...not that it isn't exciting, important, or anything like that...but can we focus on the next YEAR???[/quote']

Hey ctbjr and FT said we HAD to have this card in order to rack up the points. It's all part of my daily/weekly/monthly/yearly spend so just smile and say "yes dear."

Hey it could be worse ... at least we have a cruise booked

Or if you are really good they will let you ride on a tender/lifeboat in the middle of the Atlantic during a drill:eek::rolleyes::p

That would be interesting . .. last crossing our little bit of excitement came from the "beer run" to Turks & Caicos (which resulted in absolutely no beer), but no toys in the middle of the ocean. Who knows what the Captain and crew will be driven to do with this motley group of passengers and 13 nights in the Atlantic?

FT

That would be interesting . .. last crossing our little bit of excitement came from the "beer run" to Turks & Caicos (which resulted in absolutely no beer), but no toys in the middle of the ocean. Who knows what the Captain and crew will be driven to do with this motley group of passengers and 13 nights in the Atlantic?

FT

All I have to say is ... be afraid ... very very afraid:p

• 2 weeks later...
FT ... just check the countdown in my sig file ... it is updated to the second.

If you have the sigs turned off in your profile let me know and I will give you the number:p

DJ:

I cant seem to get the countdown clock to load. I copied and pasted into edit signature but it does not come up. Any advice for a Neanderthal??

Jim.

FT ... just check the countdown in my sig file ... it is updated to the second.

If you have the sigs turned off in your profile let me know and I will give you the number:p

the countdown in your signature shows when I check CC from home but not from the office . . .wonder what that means? As I bounce from one conference call to another - I keep hoping for that never empty glass of champagne to miraculously appear. ;)

FT

Hello to All

Just booked the crossing for Nov 2010, long way away but what a trip this is going to be.

Lots of old friends and new friends, cannot wait to see you(old friends) again, but that will have to wait until Barcelona. Until then just the mystery cruisers aboard Seadream. Really excited about this trip hope there is enough diet tonic:eek:, aboard for DJ, beer for DJ's DH, bubbly for FT and scotch for DR T. Just save some for SEASONED SAILORS:)

All the best

SS:cool:

DJ:

I cant seem to get the countdown clock to load. I copied and pasted into edit signature but it does not come up. Any advice for a Neanderthal??

Jim.

Your not a Neanderthal Jim ... if you were you wouldn't be sailing on SD:p

What web browser are you using. For some reason when I tried to load my countdown while in Firefox it wouldn't work. But if I used IE it loaded just fine.

Also, check the coding ... it is showing http and a link instead of the countdown.

We'll get you there!

Hello to All

Just booked the crossing for Nov 2010, long way away but what a trip this is going to be.

Lots of old friends and new friends, cannot wait to see you(old friends) again, but that will have to wait until Barcelona. Until then just the mystery cruisers aboard Seadream. Really excited about this trip hope there is enough diet tonic:eek:, aboard for DJ, beer for DJ's DH, bubbly for FT and scotch for DR T. Just save some for SEASONED SAILORS

All the best

SS:cool:

Well my curiosity is piqued! We are honored to have your first post be on our little old roll call.

That you know our favorite beverages is either funny or scary ... I'm not sure:p:eek::p

My money is on FT and me wearing you down and outing you before Barcelona:p

:D

Don't know DJ, it is a long way away, but just love surprises don't you?

Just worried that DJ's DH will have polished off ALL the liquid refreshments,kinda worried there will have to be plenty on board as there are no convenience stores in the Atlantic:cool:

I have never seen that much Diet Tonic in one place EVER,

Have you thought about a place yet in Barcelona hotel wise. The Catalonia Port looks good, found it on Trip Advisor any thoughts.

Don't be worried, it will be fun.

SS

Just worried that DJ's DH will have polished off ALL the liquid refreshments,kinda worried there will have to be plenty on board as there are no convenience stores in the Atlantic:cool:

Have you thought about a place yet in Barcelona hotel wise. The Catalonia Port looks good, found it on Trip Advisor any thoughts.

SS

I do love surprises ... especially when they are on SD:D

So you obviously have sailed with us ... the question is which cruise??

Running out of diet tonic would be very bad... especially in the middle of the Atlantic. I think the provision master on this sailing will have his hands full!!

I suspect we will be joining FT and ctbjr at LeMeridian ... that's if I rack up enough SPG points:p

SS

I do love a good mystery . . . and this one should keep this thread active for a while. My bet is that you weren't on the March 09 spring cruise because I don't think we had that much diet tonic - in fact I think we ran out of it at one of the bars . . .but who knows .. . .maybe you are the sisters from California who I know lurk and talked a good game about making the crossing:D

Hi FT

No Diet Tonic is only one thing to worry about, that bubbly thing may be an even more of a drastic problem, after all how much bubbly can one ship hold:eek: especially when it is a day long consumable??

The beer too is a great concern but surely SDII could TOW a barge or two holding all the extra spirits and Caviar, just in case:D The fresh lemons and limes might be a problem, after all, previous voyages across the oceans had to worry about scurvy when no fresh fruit was available. Seems that wine is NOT a fruit exchange:mad:

Ah, but any more info at this stage and identity could be known, too early for that.

Be Well

SS

Archived