Just booked the Legend: Asia 2010

enyaw

I'm soooooo excited! I 'll be on the Legend of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) on March 2010 -- cruising to Japan and Korea. The ship leaves/returns out of Shanghai.

Thought I would share my excitement!!! Yea :)

Hi,

We are planning to do the cruise out of Tokyo to Shanghai and south korea in May 2001.:D

Do you know what if we need to get visas for China or will the cruise line (RC) take care of it?

Thanks

HI!

Electro ~ we had to get our own Chinese visa. There was a lot of problems on sailings before ours with people not getting the proper one.

One lady said that people were turned away in Toronto airport (not necessarily on the cruise) because they didn't have a visa for China.

We got a multiple entry, 6 month ($100) as we did a 2 week land tour before plus sailed to 2 other Chinese ports, not including Hong Kong.

When I went to the Consulate in Toronto they asked for a copy of your itinerary plus the application which I'd downloaded from the web & the photo(s). A few days later you could pick it up & pay for it. Hope this helps.

~Jo~ :)

Hi Jo,

Thanks for the info. We will definitely get our visas before we go.

I can go to the embassy in Ottawa.

Now we just need to figure out how my daughter will get her visa. She is living in Japan.

Lois

Hi again!

Lois ~ you could probably get her visa too if you had her pictures, passport & application filled in. My husband didn't have to come into the building & my daughter who lives in Toronto picked them up for us once I gave her the pink slip they'd given me with the pick up date on it.

Jake ~ we were on a land tour & were put up at the Galaxy Hotel. It was

nice enough but not really close to anything of interest. It was quite near an expressway & we did walk down from a subway station once.

Take care.

Hi again,

Thanks for the suggestion but it is not possible for my daughter to send her passport back to Canada while she is in Japan.:eek:

I'm sure she can get the visa in Japan it will just take a little more efford.:o

Does anyone know if the crew on the ship will speak english?

And has anyone done the mytime dining on the Legend?

Thanks again.

Lois

Hi again.

Oh that's too bad. Well there must be a way for her to get it over there.

Maybe you could Google it to get an idea.

Our crew spoke English ~ there was a lot of different nationalities, including some Chinese. Our DR servers were Indian & Chinese, our cabin steward Costa Rican, entertainment staff Brit, Mexican, piano player Phillipino~ quite an assortment ~ just like here in Canada!:D

I've never tried Anytime but might have to in November on the Freedom of the Seas. Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

We share in your excitment. We just booked Legend for April 11, 2010. I finally earned enough frequent flyer miles to "pay" for our flights! We are stoping in Seoul prior to coming to China and then stay a few days after our cruise returns. I can't wait!

Archived