Soda cost without card ??

I've been reading tons of threads to get all the information I can before our cruise. I see where everyone has said to buy the soda package if you are going to drink soda. But what if I will only have 1 or 2 sodas a day? Is it worth it then? I wonder if someone can tell me what they charge for a glass of soda if you do not have a soda package?

PS - Seems like I saw something somewhere that said if you buy the soda package before the cruise it is cheaper??

Thanks in advance for the help.

Oh and no, it doesn't pay to buy the soda plan if you're only going to drink 1 or 2/day.

I bought one on my first cruise a year and a half ago, and found myself drinking more pop than I wanted just to get my money's worth from the card. This time I didn't buy one and only had 1/day, usually with dinner, and drank other things more (like the included lemonade and iced tea, and frozen drinks).

Save the money and bring your own cases of Soda on board. Just stick a luggage tag on it drop the cases off with your luggage at port and they will arrive with your luggage at your stateroom. Simple as that! You can also pack them in a suitcase but be sure to wrap something around them that way in case of an accident your clothes wont get wet and stained!

On my cruise last week on the Explorer, pop was served by the can to those who didn't buy the plan, and it came to $2.24 including the 15% automatic gratuity.

I know that when you purchase the soda package the soda is from the fountain and not cans.

As a rule, 4 sodas a day is the break point to buy the card. Since I chug incessantly it pays for us. With Traditional, the assn't waiter brings 2 at the start of the meal automatically. We always buy the card on the pool deck to get the mug.

DW as an older woman can't drink that much or else she will be looking for the room constantly so she does not get one but will "sip" a little bit of mine infrequently.

I just got off the phone with RCCL and they do not allow passangers to bring cases of water or soda on board anymore. They stated you could bring a bottle or 2 of water but not a case.

This is really important if it is correct. We're bringing our boys this summer and are planning on stopping at a grocery store the night before to pick up four 12packs for the trip. Can anyone else confirm or refute this?

I just got off the phone with RCCL and they do not allow passangers to bring cases of water or soda on board anymore. They stated you could bring a bottle or 2 of water but not a case.

I think their website has always stated that they do not allow you to bring your own soda. But if you hand it to the porter, it will make its way to your room and no one on the ship will care. Your room steward will even keep a small cooler full of ice for you (if you bring one) so you can keep a few of them cold.

Alcohol is a different story... if they find it, they will take it away.

This is really important if it is correct. We're bringing our boys this summer and are planning on stopping at a grocery store the night before to pick up four 12packs for the trip. Can anyone else confirm or refute this?

Somewhere in all the paperwork we got earlier this year it said something to the effect of, the company understands that since embarkation can be a long process, you may have drinks as you wait (which you may bring on the ship) but they wouldn't allow anything else.

Are there any free drinks of any kind during the day or at meal time?

Yes, in the Windjammer, you can get iced tea, water, lemonade at lunch and dinner. Coffee is free. Breakfast, you get OJ, milk, water and I think apple juice.

Also on the promenade cafe there will be coffee, water, hot tea, hot chocolate.

I am like you and only one one or 2 sodas a day. on our last freedom of the seas cruise I typically had a soda at the bar while my hubby had a beer or cocktail at the bar. Typically free in that case.

I bought the soda package on my last cruise and I would buy it again.

I like Diet Coke a few times a day and at dinner and I like to have ginger

ale when and if I get queazy....

I found that I spent more money buying per soda. Besides if I wanted to

just hang out and relax at the bar or pool, its cheaper than to buy a

drink or 2.

RCCL always said no soda to come onboard. They also said no liquor.

I have known people who packed Alcholol in their luggage or packed a

few bottles in a cardboard box and put their name and cabin no. on it.

I was always thinking I should bring soda (a few cans) but what if it

exploded. You know they throw the bags around.

The last week in April we brought a case of water, a 12pk of Green Tea and 2 6pks of Pepsi with no problem. I put it in a couple of the Target shopping bags closed with ties and put luggage tags on the bags. It was not a problem and arrived with our other luggage. Believe me RCCL makes plenty of $$ off us on wine and drinks of the day.

I usually bring a couple of 6 packs of the 20oz plastic bottles and about 12 - 15 bottles of water and put it in a airplane carry on size suitcase. As you use them tt gives you a little extra room to put junk that you may buy in the ports or someplace to put the palstic drink cups you get with the "drink of the day". :) Not that I ever would but if I were a wine drinker and not overly choosy, I might even get a box or two of wine that come in pretty beefy boxes with the mylar type liner to hold the wine at Target for about $8 and put a couple of those in the bag as well. I "have heard" that they make it on the ship just fine with no problem.

We usually bring a 12 pack of caffeine free diet coke on board with us since they don't have this on the ship. We pack an extra duffel bag, buy the soda once in port, put the soda in the bag with a tag, then have the extra space on the way home. My son still does get the soda sticker (worth it for him), but the rest of us have what we brought, water, or 'drinks' by the pool, etc.

Despite the fact that RCI says you cannot bring water or cases of soda onboard, this is not enforced. After reading about it on here, we just slapped luggage tags on 2 cases of soda before arriving at the pier and they were delivered to our room with the rest of our luggage.

If you don't plan on purchasing the soda sticker but do intend on buying them individually, it's worth it to try to bring some of your own, however you choose to do it (in your suitcase, in bags, etc).

Archived