HAL Ringtones - RevNeal?

LordSpain

I'd been thinking about how nice it would be to have those distinctive HAL chimes that sound throughout the ship just before an announcement is made, as a ringtone for my cell phone. After searching the web at length without results I searched this forum and found a thread here that's a couple of years old that deals with this specifically. In it RevNeal had a post that provided the sounds in both a .wmv and .m4a format via a link.

These links are now not working.

Here's the post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=11825201&postcount=15

RevNeal if you read this do you still have those sound files available? If so would you be kind enough to share them again?

Thanks!

Bruce

I'd been thinking about how nice it would be to have those distinctive HAL chimes that sound throughout the ship just before an announcement is made, as a ringtone for my cell phone. After searching the web at length without results I searched this forum and found a thread here that's a couple of years old that deals with this specifically. In it RevNeal had a post that provided the sounds in both a .wmv and .m4a format via a link.

These links are now not working.

Here's the post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=11825201&postcount=15

RevNeal if you read this do you still have those sound files available? If so would you be kind enough to share them again?

Thanks!

Bruce

I recently had Greg send it to me again as well and if you like email me and I will send it to you but....

I have a bit of a problem and maybe someone techie can answer or help. OK Just got a new phone, it is Window's based and I sync the phone up to my home computer which is really cool ;) Problem is this ring tone is on ITunes and while I can send it to my phone it will NOT allow me to make it a ring tone because ofr the format :( Does anyone know how I can convert the Itune into a Windows based Media Player so I can use it again as my ringtone?

Lisa ... I don't know if the following will be any help to you. It does not address your issue specifically, but is a CC member's post (a long time ago, and I saved it as a Word doc in case I wanted to jump thru the hoops) on how to convert downloaded I-Pod Art Tours and convert them to MP3. Perhaps some or all of this can help you:

Converting Art Ipod files to MP3's

If anyone is interested here is how I was able to take the Ryndam Ipod Art file and convert it (for free) to a MP3 file so I can play it on my MP3 player.

1. Download Art audio file from HAL it will be a M4B file.

2. Download and install Itunes.

3. Make a play list in itunes with the Art Tour file.

4. Under the new play list you made, on the left side of Itunes right click,

and select Burn Play list to disk.

5. Select Audio disk as format option, insert blank CD, then select burn.

6. This will make a standard audio dick you could play on any CD player.

7. Next open Windows Media Player. preferably version 11, if you don't have version 11 download and update your version fro free.

8. Select RIP from the menu at the top of WMP.

9. You should then see the art audio files ready to be ripped to your computer.

10. Under the RIP button at the top will be a very small down arrow, click that and select more options.

11. Under RIP settings select MP3. then close the options window.

12. Then go back to the RIP button at the top and rip the files to your computer.

13. You can then sync your new MP3 files to your MP3 player.

14. Option you should rename the audio files in WMP brfore you rip them by right clicking on the Unknown album and rename it to Artist Holland America, Album = Ship Name Art Tour.

the ringtone in mp3 can be found at

http://www.wa70.com/hal/halringtone.mp3

most likely this can be used on your windows based phone

Rich

The blonde that I am is still having problems :eek: :o

Rich can you email it to me so that I can down load it. I am having prblems turning it into a file so I can transfer over to my phone.

This is a joke, right?

suse, definitely not a joke, I am guessing there are several of us Die Hard HAL Fans that have it for our ring tone on our phone. I have had it on 2 phones now. I just got a new one this past weekend and because it has far more features than I will probably never use it makes it a bit more complicated to use. But hey at least I have figured out the syncing and actually uploaded my Outlook Express :)

The blonde that I am is still having problems :eek: :o

Rich can you email it to me so that I can down load it. I am having prblems turning it into a file so I can transfer over to my phone.

Try right-clicking on the link Rich posted and choose "Save Target As"

Give it a name, Save, and you should have it. :)

If that didn't work (it should) please email me and I will send it back

Rich

If that didn't work (it should) please email me and I will send it back

Rich

Thanks John and Rich :)

Two of my favorite guys who always help me out.

My new ring tone works perfect :D So much better than the preset Verizon tones ;)

I see it has been taken care of.

Glad to have made the original, at least. Lisa, I'm sorry it didn't work for you. You should have e-mail ... I could have turned that .mp4 into an .mp3 or a .wmv file without any trouble ... though why one's phone requires an inferior, less efficient file type I'll never understand. ;)

Thanks, Rich!

lordspain ... let me know if you got what you needed.

I see it has been taken care of.

Glad to have made the original, at least. Lisa, I'm sorry it didn't work for you. You should have e-mail ... I could have turned that .mp4 into an .mp3 or a .wmv file without any trouble ... though why one's phone requires an inferior, less efficient file type I'll never understand. ;)

Thanks, Rich!

lordspain ... let me know if you got what you needed.

:D LOL Greg, well actually this only seems to be a problem for the ringtones. I have transferred over music from my Itunes with no problems :confused: It just did not like the format to turn it into a ringtone I guess.

Many thanks to all of you :)

I still have the HAL ringtone on my phone from the first time RevNeal posted it; my son converted it to an mp3 for me and installed it on my phone. Anybody who's been on a ship knows the sound when they hear it - it's unique brings back great memories every time the phone rings.

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

I still have the HAL ringtone on my phone from the first time RevNeal posted it; my son converted it to an mp3 for me and installed it on my phone. Anybody who's been on a ship knows the sound when they hear it - it's unique brings back great memories every time the phone rings.

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

Ger, funny story I have to add. You know how when you are in your cabin you cannot always hear announcements and the announcement chime is not very loud. Well there have been times it was my phone ringing and we went to the hall way to open the door to hear the announcement :D Now Tom just askes if it is my phone or the real thing;)

That IS funny, Lisa..... :)

When I get a new phone, I have to decide if I want the ship's horn or the announcement chime. I'd LOVE to have HAL's three toot ship's horn sound for my ringtone.

Awwwww.....listening to that sound brought a lump to my throat. We loved our cruise so much, we miss it. It was lovely to hear that tone once again and have it bring back so many wonderful memories. After the tone, I could "hear" the Captain's voice in my mind. :)

Awwwww.....listening to that sound brought a lump to my throat. We loved our cruise so much, we miss it. It was lovely to hear that tone once again and have it bring back so many wonderful memories. After the tone, I could "hear" the Captain's voice in my mind. :)

Ahhh, yes.

We always enjoy hearing the Captain's Voice from the Bridge. We look forward to hearing his updates. :)

Unfortunately, my phone is not very technically advanced and you cannot load new ringtones.

What I have done with it, however, is to change my 'new email announcement' sound to the hal chime.

Now everytime I get an email I can pretend I am onboard - lol

Can you record sound at all on your phone? My previous mobile would do that so I played the HAL Chime sound on my computer full blast and recorded the sound on my cell phone and made that my ringtone :D

Unfortunately, my phone is not very technically advanced and you cannot load new ringtones.

What I have done with it, however, is to change my 'new email announcement' sound to the hal chime.

Now everytime I get an email I can pretend I am onboard - lol

I had the HAL chimes on my old phone, but I think I can on buy other ringtones on my new phone. :(

Having the chimes as a "new email" sound, what a GREAT idea! I'm going to have to try to do this!

You know, when I first read this I said to myself "are you kidding me"...but guess who now has this as their ringtone? I'm such a nerd!! :) :)

I had a hard time at first, but I saved it to my desktop and then emailed it to my phone and saved it there. Now I'm good to go and everytime my phone rings I'm back onboard.

Archived