Question regarding Elite+ members

septrack

I have a vague memory of a new plan Princess was offering Elite + members. I think it was something like you recieved an extra $25 onboard credit if you have sailed 20 times. $50 for 25+ cruises etc. Has anyone heard anything like this?

I cannot find anything on Princess site, so I'm wondering if I dreamed it! I only saw it once and never since.

Tell me I'm not going crazy!

TIA

Mark

I have a vague memory of a new plan Princess was offering Elite + members. I think it was something like you recieved an extra $25 onboard credit if you have sailed 20 times. $50 for 25+ cruises etc. Has anyone heard anything like this?

I cannot find anything on Princess site, so I'm wondering if I dreamed it! I only saw it once and never since.

Tell me I'm not going crazy!

TIA

Mark

Yes it is $25/$50/$75 for 40 plus etc.

Think its $25 for 16 plus cruises, $50 for 30 plus cruises, and $75 for 40 plus cruises.

We just got the $75 on the Golden earlier this month. :D

It is an unadvertised perk because they can revoke it at any time. This is per cabin.

After 20 cruises you get $25 OBC

After 30 cruises you get $50 OBC.....and so on...

The most you can get is $100 for 50 cruises.

However....there may be additional "non advertised" perks after this point!!

And it is indeed, # of cruises... and has nothing to do with days at sea. The card always says from "Thank you for your loyalty from the Captains Circle".

After 20 cruises you get $25 OBC
So much for a loyalty perk. I've got 18 cruises but 213 days. I guess if I'd taken a lot shorter cruises (spending a lot less with Princess in the process), I'd qualify for the measily $25 OBC. Oh well.

So much for a loyalty perk. I've got 18 cruises but 213 days. I guess if I'd taken a lot shorter cruises (spending a lot less with Princess in the process), I'd qualify for the measily $25 OBC. Oh well.

Live and learn...:o

Oh, yeah. I was approaching 15 completed cruises when they changed Elite to include the # of days, so I got that perk after more than the average # of sea days as well. :)

Really, Pam, I am just very jealous!:rolleyes:

I guess I will have to do a lot more cruising! :D

It was in the Winter 2008 Captain's Circle Quarterly.

Although the wording is somewhat confusing.

Cruises 20-30 = $25

Cruises 31-40 = $50

Cruises 41-50 = $75

Cruises 51+ = $100

Why is the first one listed as "20"-30? Does that really mean that once I get my 19th credit, on the cruise that I earn credit #20 I will get $25?

It was in the Winter 2008 Captain's Circle Quarterly.

Although the wording is somewhat confusing.

Cruises 20-30 = $25

Cruises 31-40 = $50

Cruises 41-50 = $75

Cruises 51+ = $100

Why is the first one listed as "20"-30? Does that really mean that once I get my 19th credit, on the cruise that I earn credit #20 I will get $25?

You actually have to complete 31 cruises before you get the $50. My last cruise was my 31st and I was surprised to only get $25. I spoke with the captain's circle rep and she told me I would get the $50 on my next cruise. So the way they list reads is very confusing. So, I will see what happens on my next cruise.

You actually have to complete 31 cruises before you get the $50. My last cruise was my 31st and I was surprised to only get $25. I spoke with the captain's circle rep and she told me I would get the $50 on my next cruise. So the way they list reads is very confusing. So, I will see what happens on my next cruise.

I thik everything for the Captain's Circle is based on your status as of the begining of the cruise.

Originally Posted by Lynda90 viewpost.gif

Perhaps the Captain's Circle rep on your cruise made the mistake. You should have received the $50 on your 31st cruise, after completing 30. We received our $25 on our 21st - after completing 20. Apparently the list would be more correct if it said cruises 21 - 30 = $25

Perhaps the Captain's Circle rep on your cruise made the mistake. You should have received the $50 on your 31st cruise, after completing 30. We received our $25 on our 21st - after completing 20. Apparently the list would be more correct if it said cruises 21 - 30 = $25

No, the list says 20-30 because you get the $25 OBC when you have completed 20 thru 30 cruises at the begining of the current cruise.

You get $50 at #31. Definitely. I'm almost nearing the $75 mark. What a windfall! ;)

Seriously, though, in Sept. we are taking a 7 day and 18 day B2B. The amount will be the same for the short cruise and the long cruise.

That's what I thought as well but cc rep sent an email to home office and that was what the answer was. I didn't have the print out with me so I had nothing to show her at that moment. I told her I thought it said 31-50 would get $50 and she said yes, after completion of 31st cruise. Oh, well, I'll see what happens next cruise. :p

That's what I thought as well but cc rep sent an email to home office and that was what the answer was. I didn't have the print out with me so I had nothing to show her at that moment. I told her I thought it said 31-50 would get $50 and she said yes, after completion of 31st cruise. Oh, well, I'll see what happens next cruise. :p

You will definitely get $50 and at 41 you will get $75. I know it doesn't go any further than $100 (yet), because we have friends who have passed the 60 mark and it stayed at $100.

Are you certain that Princess has the right count for you?

No, the list says 20-30 because you get the $25 OBC when you have completed 20 thru 30 cruises at the begining of the current cruise.

Actually, the exact wording is as follows:

"Onboard credit per household 'after completion of' 20 cruise credits:

$25 for 20 - 30 cruise credits

$50 for 31 - 40 cruise credits

$75 for 41 - 50 cruise credits

$100 for 51+ cruises

So if you look at the wording, I would not be eligible until I have my 31st cruise credit which for me would be after completion of 31st cruise. So I guess the capt. circle hostess was correct that I was not eligible for $50 until the start of my 32nd cruise. I don't know why the wording can't be a little clearer.

$100 for 51+ cruises

So if you look at the wording, I would not be eligible until I have my 31st cruise credit which for me would be after completion of 31st cruise. So I guess the capt. circle hostess was correct that I was not eligible for $50 until the start of my 32nd cruise. I don't know why the wording can't be a little clearer.

I will definitely be aware as to when I get my next increase, since #41 will be in December.

$100 for 51+ cruises

Reaching the different levels of the Captain's Circle is based on your number of cruises or days completed prior to the begining of a cruise. It makes sense that the same would be true for the Elite+ OBC. When it says 20-30 gets $25. It means when you have completed 20 thru 30 cruises, you get $25 OBC. That means you get the $25 on your 21st thru 31st cruise.

Reaching the different levels of the Captain's Circle is based on your number of cruises or days completed prior to the begining of a cruise. It makes sense that the same would be true for the Elite+ OBC. When it says 20-30 gets $25. It means when you have completed 20 thru 30 cruises, you get $25 OBC. That means you get the $25 on your 21st thru 31st cruise.

By Lynda's exact wording, this seems to take in the number of 'cruise credits' more so then the number of cruises or cruise days. Makes you wonder if that isn't 'part of the reason' they began this credit system? Or at least it does me. Since it is totally different then the number of days or cruises needed for Captain's Circle status. I know we have been getting a lot more 'cruise credits' now that they have changed the system to allow '2' credits for a full suite booked.

By Lynda's exact wording, this seems to take in the number of 'cruise credits' more so then the number of cruises or cruise days. Makes you wonder if that isn't 'part of the reason' they began this credit system? Or at least it does me. Since it is totally different then the number of days or cruises needed for Captain's Circle status. I know we have been getting a lot more 'cruise credits' now that they have changed the system to allow '2' credits for a full suite booked.

Your rght, it does sound like it is cruise credits, not number of cruises. My wife and I always stay in the same cabin and have never gotten a suite, so to us number of cruises is the same as cruise credits. However, for others, cruise credits would be more than the number of cruises.

Your rght, it does sound like it is cruise credits, not number of cruises. My wife and I always stay in the same cabin and have never gotten a suite, so to us number of cruises is the same as cruise credits. However, for others, cruise credits would be more than the number of cruises.

We too. No suite. Ever. I suppose they deserve double, since most of the time they are paying double.

Archived