Marcello or Salvatore /tour Pompeii....

kjames

Read many reviews on both Marcell with Seesorrento and Salvatore with Drive Amalfi for Pompeii, Sorrento and Amalif tours but trying to pick one. Salvatore is more $ but is it a better tour. Thank you for any advise!

Gail

We used Salvatore in 2004. He is very knowledgeable, excellent English and very comfortable to be with on the winding roads. He also took us to a wonderful little place on the side of a mountain, overlooking the Med. for lunch.

Alice:)

We (a group of 6) took a tour with Seesorrento two years ago. We had a driver named Marco and we had a fabulous day. He took us to the Amalfi Coast, Sorrento, Positano, we had an awesome lunch in Pontone high up on a hill over looking the beautiful Med. (Stunning scenery) and then he took us to Pompeii where he had arranged for a private guide. It was truly a memorable day. We had such a great time that we are going back again in September and have booked Marco again. Can't wait !!!! :D

Hi...Just got back from a Med cruise. If your looking to save money, there's numerous taxi drivers outstide ready to make a deal. We paid 175euro to go to Sorrento and Pompeii from 8 am till 3 pm. We had an awesome day. I don't know if they all have air condit. as we didn't need it, but it happend to be a great day. DON'T MISS SORRENTO!!!! Its beautiful!

Read many reviews on both Marcell with Seesorrento and Salvatore with Drive Amalfi for Pompeii, Sorrento and Amalif tours but trying to pick one. Salvatore is more $ but is it a better tour. Thank you for any advise!

Gail

Did tour with Salavatore early June. No complaints. Went to Amalfi in the morning and pompeii in the afternoon. Big van with plenty of room. He is very informative, will take you to where you want, no scheduled shopping stops. Overall happy with service. Share cost with other people so it wasn't too expensive.

Hi,

We had an amazing day with Marcello - touring the Amalfi coast and Pompeii; he is wonderful; the lunch was great - good food, wine, lemoncello, scenic spot; we could not have asked for more. He is very well organized and knowledgeable.

Toured with Salvatore a couple of years ago. Did Amalfi Coast in the morning and Pompeii in the afternoon. It was a great tour, he took us to this hidden place overlooking the Med. for lunch. Absolutely wonderful! Salvatore does not talk alot, he is very professional and you have to talk alot to him to get him to open up. Other than that it was great - not sure about Marcello - never toured with him...but $125 is a big difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Marcello does talk a lot! A lot a lot a lot, so be prepared! We still joke about some of his comments. He is very proud of the beauty of his home area. He is very friendly and knowlegeable so he is more of a driver and tourguide combined. He will book what you want and keep you on schedule. I enjoyed him. His vehicle is very nice too.

Toured with Salvatore a couple of years ago. Did Amalfi Coast in the morning and Pompeii in the afternoon. It was a great tour, he took us to this hidden place overlooking the Med. for lunch. Absolutely wonderful! Salvatore does not talk alot, he is very professional and you have to talk alot to him to get him to open up. Other than that it was great - not sure about Marcello - never toured with him...but $125 is a big difference.

He must have changed within the past couple years then. We had a tour with him last month and I thought he talked a lot, almost non-stop most of the way down the Amalfi coast and I was thinking that he might get worn out but he didn't. He is very knowledgeable and brought up many details about most everything we saw, even in the port area. And also of importance to me (for this kind of tour) he was a very safe driver. I wasn't thrilled with the thought of driving around winding roads on top of cliffs but he was very careful (and there is a good brick wall/guard rail throughout the entire drive). He speaks very good English but I found his accent a little heavy at first but then got used to it and was able to understand everything he said.

we used Marcello's company and had Eugene. We loved him. Lunch was spectacular. A highlight of all the ports. We enjoyed so much, that we booked him again. We have 2 cars travelling together and are using Eugene and Marcello. You won't be sorry.

• 4 weeks later...
we used Marcello's company and had Eugene. We loved him. Lunch was spectacular. A highlight of all the ports. We enjoyed so much, that we booked him again. We have 2 cars travelling together and are using Eugene and Marcello. You won't be sorry.

Where did you go for lunch?

Where did you go for lunch?

I'm not quite sure of the name of the place, but from pics I've seen, he takes all the groups to the same place. For Europe, it was a bargain. all the food is fresh and even the wine is homemade. It's on the top of a hillside and overlooks the terraced lemon trees, etc. The view is great. Eugene and Marcello even wind up waiting on you.

He must have changed within the past couple years then. We had a tour with him last month and I thought he talked a lot, almost non-stop most of the way down the Amalfi coast and I was thinking that he might get worn out but he didn't. He is very knowledgeable and brought up many details about most everything we saw, even in the port area. And also of importance to me (for this kind of tour) he was a very safe driver. I wasn't thrilled with the thought of driving around winding roads on top of cliffs but he was very careful (and there is a good brick wall/guard rail throughout the entire drive). He speaks very good English but I found his accent a little heavy at first but then got used to it and was able to understand everything he said.

We had the same positive experience with Salvatore. From the second we pulled out of the port in Naples, he spoke about everything we were seeing and pointed out all the sites, explaining it all. He spoke clearly into a microphone and his accent was easy to understand after the first few minutes. A very pleasant and professional man. We have no experience with any of the other Amalfi guide/drivers, but highly recommend a day with Salvatore from Drive Amalfi.

We had the same positive experience with Salvatore. From the second we pulled out of the port in Naples, he spoke about everything we were seeing and pointed out all the sites, explaining it all. He spoke clearly into a microphone and his accent was easy to understand after the first few minutes. A very pleasant and professional man. We have no experience with any of the other Amalfi guide/drivers, but highly recommend a day with Salvatore from Drive Amalfi.

Just back from 2 weeks in the Med on Oceania Insignia, and I have to say that our day with Salvatore on the Amalfi coast was one of my most favorites. I loved Positano, and on the way there Salvatore gave us much information and photo ops. He is an excellent driver and very knowledgable. Loved the little restaurant he took us to outside of Ravello. I had the best olives I have ever tasted there, locally grown, and they included in the lunch their own limoncello, which was delicious. The food was fresh and very, very good. The cost was extremely reasonable, if not cheap, compared to other places we ate while in various ports. The view was spectacular. Thanks to Salvatore, we have wonderful memories.

We recenly spent a full day with Salvatore this past September 27th, we highly recommend him

He was waiting for us when our ship docked in Sorrrento. We toured the Amalfi coast, visiting Positano, Amalfi & Ravello. Also stopped for lunch at wonderful little restaurant half way between Amalfi & Ravello, food was all fresh, homemade & very good. The views looking down at the coastline while seeing Ravello above you were beautiful. The name is Ristorante San Giovanni, located in Pontone.

I found Salvatore to be polite, informative, and more than willing to stop whenever we wanted to take a photo or just enjoy the view for a minute or two. Will happily use his services again, when Debra & I return to Amalfi Coast.

Linda-E : You can contact Salvatore at *********************

Enjoy the Beautiful Amalfi Coast!!!

Anthony

232323232%7Ffp5363%3B%3Enu%3D3379%3E6%3A%3A%3E395%3EWSNRCG%3D32394%3A778%3B4%3B4nu0mrj

We recenly spent a full day with Salvatore this past September 27th, we highly recommend him

He was waiting for us when our ship docked in Sorrrento. We toured the Amalfi coast, visiting Positano, Amalfi & Ravello. Also stopped for lunch at wonderful little restaurant half way between Amalfi & Ravello, food was all fresh, homemade & very good. The views looking down at the coastline while seeing Ravello above you were beautiful. The name is Ristorante San Giovanni, located in Pontone.

I found Salvatore to be polite, informative, and more than willing to stop whenever we wanted to take a photo or just enjoy the view for a minute or two. Will happily use his services again, when Debra & I return to Amalfi Coast.

Linda-E : You can contact Salvatore at *********************

Enjoy the Beautiful Amalfi Coast!!!

Anthony

232323232%7Ffp5363%3B%3Enu%3D3379%3E6%3A%3A%3E395%3EWSNRCG%3D32394%3A778%3B4%3B4nu0mrj

What companies are Marcello and Salvatore with?

You are invited to view linda's photo album: marcello and eugene

marcello and eugene

Aug 19, 2009

by linda

View Album

Play slideshow

Message from linda:

These pictures were sent with Picasa, from Google.

Try it out here: http://picasa.google.com/

If you are having problems viewing this email, copy and paste the following into your browser:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=mrspaper1&target=ALBUM&id=5371850854263075041&authkey=Gv1sRgCPvUu7n88JnoDg&feat=email

To share your photos or receive notification when your friends share photos, get your own free Picasa Web Albums account.

I used to be able to D/L a pic here, but lost my knack. Marcello is on the left with my DH in the middle and another one of Marcello's guides, Eugene on the right

Archived