Dawn Princess World Cruise

only problem would be they would have something planned up on deck... On maree's blog she has written that the choir has been practicing a couple of songs for the event...

anyway looks clear now.. hopefully for the rest of the day...

see on the news last night that instanbul were having big floods...

Yes I saw on tonights news that many people have been evacuated in Istanbul and many roads either closed or too dangerous to travel on. Maybe that will make it difficult for everyone to go ashore and enjoy their planned tours.

Jillybean:)

Here are some pics from the Anzac sail past ,and ceremony.

Steve, from the Fifth Wheeler blog , has posted these on his site , but also sent them out ,so we can see them larger and clearer. I am sure he wont mind sharing them with us all.

1anzacpic3.jpg

1anzacpics2.jpg

We have have the captain in the second last photo, on the pacific sun captain Graham Goodway, I think was his name.

yep that is him... met him on my ultimate ship tour on our fijian jewels cruise on the Dawn princess... he got on in sydney and took over in Suva....

he told us captain mcbain was on a well deserved holiday and would be rejoining the ship in Dubai... not sure where he is off to next...

but then that was in may so anything can change...

joanne

Grand Mistral was originally the Mistral....a Festival Cruise Line ship based in Europe, they went broke a few years back.....my John was left high and dry when he arrived for a gig and found the ship had been impounded....if i remember right 3 of their ships were impounded just before the crash of the company in the early 2000s...cheers Shiona

Grand Mistral was originally the Mistral....a Festival Cruise Line ship based in Europe, they went broke a few years back.....my John was left high and dry when he arrived for a gig and found the ship had been impounded....if i remember right 3 of their ships were impounded just before the crash of the company in the early 2000s...cheers Shiona

I seem to remember something about that Shiona.

Makes us realise how lucky we are down here that none of our lines, so far, have gone bust. We tend to bemoan the high price of cruising down here, but we dont realise that if they do go under, you can be left stranded and high and dry.

When the R ships went bust, all the Captains were told to make for the nearest port, and put all pasengers ashore, and they had to make their own way home.:eek:

Makes us realise how lucky we are down here that none of our lines, so far, have gone bust.

That's not quite right, David. We've had at least 2 cruise lines go bust. CTC were running cruises here in the 80s and 90s and went under. Then there was a consortium of Australians who started a company and chartered a cruise ship. I think they lasted less than 12 months.

Cheers

Clive

yep that is him... met him on my ultimate ship tour on our fijian jewels cruise on the Dawn princess... he got on in sydney and took over in Suva....

he told us captain mcbain was on a well deserved holiday and would be rejoining the ship in Dubai... not sure where he is off to next...

but then that was in may so anything can change...

joanne

can i ask you what you thought of him?

Archived