Dawn Princess World Cruise

shame they are cruising at night ... seems like some nice coast line to look at (and other boats).... gosh wont the southhampton crew be getting excited.. only 2 days and they board... if i remember from the roll call there are a lot of them!!

I think there are a few that are starting with dinner tonight at the local pub !!

joanne

Southampton will also be day 52 ,

of the 104 day World Cruise.

Halfway all ready :eek:

Well didn't that work out rather well for Princess, David.

I was amazed at the number of ships in the channels. I'll have to see what the Google earth legend reads. Gosh you find some interesting snippets.

Thanks.

Anna

When we did our Med. cruise at any one time we saw at least 4 ships around us as we cruised. The shipping traffic is amazing there. It was fun to do a bit of ship spotting.

I was talking to an Officer on our South Pacific last year and it was his first contract down in this part of the world. He couldn't believe the lack of shipping traffic down here. He said you have to have your wits about you at all times in the Med. as there are 'ships coming at you from all directions'. Imagine what it would be like if there was fog...:eek:

Jillybean:)

just looked on google earth and sea scanner shows the crown princess leaving le harve to southhampton... I wonder if they will be ships passing in the night!!

Heres the latest map....

Dawn Princess in quite a line up of ships,all in a row...

25dawnandcrown.jpg

while on the other side of the Channel,

Crown Princess has now left Southampton,

so they may pass each other.

Wonder if they will close enough to see each other?

oh dave I thought for sure I would wake up this morning to some webcam pictures of the english channel and all it's traffic....

I looked too early last night then forgot to go back... did see the bridge came at southhampton from the crown ( looked great )

have you all checked the blogs .. the photo's are great.... what I love is each of them take different type of pictures so you get a real feel for the places...

I loved the one on grandma and grandpas adventures of the locals waving from the dock as they left ..... I wanna go to cobh...... I wanna go everywhere they have been !!!!

joanne

Gosh on their way to southhampton ... don't know if i would want to be crossing the english channel in the path of other boats in the dark....

I wonder how they do it... do they stop everyone moving forward so that the boats can move accross LOL... they really do need traffic lights...

joanne

Gosh on their way to southhampton ... don't know if i would want to be crossing the english channel in the path of other boats in the dark....joanne

Sure is busy.. They are not showing up on the live tracking yet, but as they get closer to Southampton you can track them here...

http://www.john-ambler.com/ais/google.html

Archived