My ONE Carnival Wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TEXASMUNK

A ship, based in Galveston, I do not care which ship, that sails on 10 and 11 night cruises to the Panama Canal.

Ports would include:

Partial Transit of the Canal into Gatun Lake

Costa Rica (white water rafting)

Cozumel...getta always include Cozumel

Roatan..best snorkeling and Diving in the Western Hemisphere

Grand Cayman...another chance to visit Captain Marvin

Heck, add in Costa Maya and Progresso too!

A ship, based in Galveston, I do not care which ship, that sails on 10 and 11 night cruises to the Panama Canal.

Ports would include:

Ooooo... since we're down there mind if we make a stop at Isla de San Andres??

:)

My wish is a full time ship out of Charleston SC, as long as it goes somewhere besides Bermuda or the Bahamas, at least SOME of the time. I would love it to go north some voyages and south on others. Wouldn't that be a grand B2B cruise in the early fall!

I'm all for that itinerary! Like another person posted, I am puzzled why more of the cruise lines don't use Galveston for Panama Canal stops. It appears to be about the same distance (maybe slightly more) than from south Florida.

TEXASMUNK, I agree with you. My wife and I were commenting the other day about the best vacation we ever had was a 12 night cruise out of Galveston to the Panama Canal on the Celebrity Galaxy. Would love to see a longer itinerary return.

That would be wonderful!! I remember when Celebrity was in Galveston. They sailed the 10-12 day Panama Cruise. Unfornutely I didn't go. So I wish someone would cruise this route from Galveston now.

My wish is a full time ship out of Charleston SC, as long as it goes somewhere besides Bermuda or the Bahamas, at least SOME of the time. I would love it to go north some voyages and south on others. Wouldn't that be a grand B2B cruise in the early fall!

I know she is not Carnival, but my family will miss the NCL Majesty. Carnival please give us a ship in Charleston so I can be at the pier in 90 minutes.:D:D:D

You are so demanding OP. I just want a new ship, period. <grin>

Story after story, we hear that cruiselines have no interest in Galveston (and the boondoggle known as Bayport) - but we don't know why. Money obviously, but it would nice to understand more details.

Sounds good to me, except make it Houston! The only reason Carnival stays in Galveston has to be the killing they make providing shuttles, kickbacks from hotels, sweetheart deals from the city and providers, a few hours saving fuel, etc, etc. They probably make more on this than they do on the cruises. For this, we all have to find a way to an overpriced tourist trap 50 miles away on a freeway that is never without construction and no place to turn in a car rental on Sunday. Not a bad place to visit, mind you, if that is what you are going there for, but all I usually want to do is get on a ship! If we could just fly into Houston and take a taxi to the port, it would be so much easier and cheaper. Lets have some competition!!! I got to use that new Houston port after Ike hit...so nice and convenient.

Once a cruise goes longer than 7 days, the pax get older. Fewer kids so fewer 3rd and 4th pax in staterooms. so less revenue per cabin. Also the price per day is less while the fuel usage is more. Fewer contracted [kickback] shops in the ports too.

Making people happy IS on Carnival's list of things to do, but making money is first on the list.

Since Carnival HAS done the requested cruises in the past, they must have had what they think is a good reason to stop them. Also HAL and PCL do the same cruises, Canal, Aruba. Why compete with the same market with your sister companies?

If RCL and NCL were the only companies doing a certain itinerary, Carnival might be very willing to compete for that market.

At this point in time I'd be happy if the Ecstacy did "different" ports on her 5 days like the Holiday or Destiny. Would book a B2B for 10 nights in a heart beat! :) Let's face it Progresso is OK but what about Calica or Costa Maya?

Also HAL and PCL do the same cruises, Canal, Aruba. Why compete with the same market with your sister companies?.
hmmm..not sure I understand the logic here Dan....HAL and PCL also do St. Marteen, St. Thomas, Nassau....etc, etc. .... I wouldn't think of it as competition...I would think of it as...

" great, they brought back Aruba to Carnival...now I can finally get there again on my favorite cruiseline....

hmmm..not sure I understand the logic here Dan....HAL and PCL also do St. Marteen, St. Thomas, Nassau....etc, etc. .... I wouldn't think of it as competition...I would think of it as...

" great, they brought back Aruba to Carnival...now I can finally get there again on my favorite cruiseline....

"HAL and PCL also do St. Marteen, St. Thomas, Nassau....etc, etc."

Shorter cruises, MUCH larger customer pool. Costs no higher than cruises they have done for years. Plenty of kids to fill cabins w/parents. A completely different market. Mass market vs. "Specialty market!"

Aruba is either a longer cruise out of Fl. or a 7 day out of San Juan. Neither command the price per person per day that 7 day cruises out of Fl. do. I'm looking at it as a 10+ year plan, not today's down market aberration. In the present scramble, anything could happen.

And we have done Aruba with CCL and both full[Paradise] and partial[Jubilee] Canal transits. Great cruises for us, very low prices per day, not so good for CCL. Aruba is just ahead of Barbados as Barb's favorite island. I might switch that order, but they are very close.

Ports would include:

Heck yeah! 10 or 11 nights would open up a whole world of possibilities. You could hit most of the ports now reached from Miami or Fort Lauderdale.

Archived