Old news, but keep an eye on your Delta flights

pcur

My "boo-hoo" was invalid as I just assumed all Delta flights were getting wi-fi.

Updates on DL wi-fi installations can be found in this section of the Delta Blog.

Thanks, and I will keep my plugs. I believe after a little investigation I have to go get an adapter and will find out from the store on that one.
The A330 uses standard 110 plugs, not the Empower system. So not sure what adapter you want to get.

It appears that Flyertalker is prophetic- Yesterday he questioned the safety "...of Soviet aircraft being maintained in 3rd (or 4th) world countries..." and look what happened this morning in Iran!

Media has said it is a Russian made aircraft. No U.S. based airline uses Russian made planes.

It appears that Flyertalker is prophetic

Honestly, that's the kind of prophesy that I really don't want to occur. I hate seeing any aircraft meet its end, be it in a field of weeds, or at an aviation boneyard being turned into beer cans.

Most especially, it's wrenching when there's a crash and loss of life. Be it a Tupolev or Boeing....Ilyushin or Airbus. I truly hope I didn't put the jinx on that bird.

Media has said it is a Russian made aircraft. No U.S. based airline uses Russian made planes.

Hey Steve, give them time. The way the airline industry is going in the US, anything can and probably will happen, once all the old-line legacy carriers liquidate. Does anyone have any confidence that 'their' carrier will be around next year or even next month?.......later

Honestly, that's the kind of prophesy that I really don't want to occur. I hate seeing any aircraft meet its end, be it in a field of weeds, or at an aviation boneyard being turned into beer cans.

Most especially, it's wrenching when there's a crash and loss of life. Be it a Tupolev or Boeing....Ilyushin or Airbus. I truly hope I didn't put the jinx on that bird.

I wasn't saying anything you said had any affect on what happened in Iran. I just found it very ironic considering what you said yesterday. When I read the story of a "russian aircraft flying for Iran Airlines" I couldn't help but think of you...

I agree though- any plane crash is a sad anything, especially when it involves a large number of casualties like this....

What kind of aircraft was that Soutwest one that poked a hole in its roof enroute from Nashville to Baltimore? It made an emergency landing in Charleston WV.
Boeing 737-300.

Reports are that WN did overnight inspections and found nothing on other 737-300s in their fleet. There is a bit of speculation that the "opening" may have occurred at the location of an antenna installation, and that it was a connection issue between the antenna and the aircraft. Again, speculation only.

Hey Steve, give them time. The way the airline industry is going in the US, anything can and probably will happen, once all the old-line legacy carriers liquidate. Does anyone have any confidence that 'their' carrier will be around next year or even next month?.......later
The Sukhoi Superjet 100 is a new Russian model aimed at the 70-100 seat market being addressed by the Embraer E series and the Bombardier C series. It received its first order outside of the old Soviet Union states with a committment for 30 aircraft from Malev (Hungary) Airlines. They are agressively pitching USA and western carriers.

The Sukhoi Superjet 100 is a new Russian model aimed at the 70-100 seat market being addressed by the Embraer E series and the Bombardier C series. It received its first order outside of the old Soviet Union states with a committment for 30 aircraft from Malev (Hungary) Airlines. They are agressively pitching USA and western carriers.

I had heard that somewhere about the Russian aircraft builder wanting in. As has been the case with Bombardier and Embraer, those aircraft have filled a niche that the others were not addressing. We, personally have had good impressions of their regional jets. It seems the airlines are trying to extend their use as much as possible.....On a side note, we have had less than positive experiences with NWA A330s. Not as comfortable compared to their 747s. In our opinion, the 747 is just a better aircraft..........

Archived