The Definitive Shareholder Benefit Thread - Read This First!

VibeGuy

• 1 month later...
How do you go about actually getting the credit?

As of July 1, 2009, you provide your name, reservation number, ship and sailing date, along with proof of ownership of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc shares (i.e., photocopy of shareholder proxy card, shares certificate, trade confirmation or a current brokerage or nominee statement) after final payment for the cruise is made, to:

PRINCESS CRUISES

Yield Management

24844 Avenue Rockefeller

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

Tel 800-872-6779 ext. 30305

Fax 661-753-0180

I have emailed the same information to the current Yield Management representative, Liza McDaniel at lmcdaniel@princesscruises.com with success.

Thanks for this valuable information.......

I emailed Liza with a screen capture of my on-line account screen as proof of stock ownership and the other needed info and less than a half hour later got an email back saying the OBC had been credited. (I checked and it was.)

GREAT!!!! :D Now I'm even more ready to cruise to Hawaii next month.

Thanks for this valuable information.......

I emailed Liza with a screen capture of my on-line account screen as proof of stock ownership and the other needed info and less than a half hour later got an email back saying the OBC had been credited. (I checked and it was.)

GREAT!!!! :D Now I'm even more ready to cruise to Hawaii next month.

Liza does a great job for all of us.

How do I know the credit has been applied to my booking?

Give the talented Yield Management representative a couple of business days to apply the credit; after that...

1. Login to My Princess

2. Under the Circle Savings Account heading on the middle of the left side of the page, click View Details

3. Scroll down to the Account Summary heading and click the Onboard Credits tab; you'll see the credits for each upcoming sailing, listed by a Credit ID#, referencing your booking number.

If you don't see your credits after five business days, contact Yield Management.

This is not available in the for UK passengers.

Edited by hansi

Shareholder benefit is wonderful, from January '09 to January '10 I received $600. in credits for two 14 day and one 7 day cruise. Tomorrow, I will be sending Lisa request for $100. credit for upcoming cruise to Mexico.

Not bad for the $16.80 average price paid for the stock!!!

Carnival also announced today that they will be again paying dividends. I

think it is going to be around $0.10 per share.

Great thread, thank you all-------------------------

Shareholder benefit is wonderful, from January '09 to January '10 I received $600. in credits for two 14 day and one 7 day cruise. Tomorrow, I will be sending Lisa request for $100. credit for upcoming cruise to Mexico.

Not bad for the $16.80 average price paid for the stock!!!

Carnival also announced today that they will be again paying dividends. I

think it is going to be around $0.10 per share.

Great thread, thank you all-------------------------

Here's a question for you.....

What if the passengers in the cabin aren't married, have 2 different last names, & are both shareholders. Do they only get one OBC for the cabin, or do they both get an OBC? Say it's a 14 day cruise, would it just be $250 or could they possibly get $500, because they're both shareholders with different last names.

Hoping you understand my question.

Minette

At the risk of again being deleted from a posting, we deeply feel that the partiality of a CC member who is a shareholder of any cruise line to who's board they post a comment may be held in question for they are bound to be influenced by the fact that they have financial self interests in the position they take. We do not say this is wrong. We just say that this fact should be acknowledged.

What if the passengers in the cabin aren't married, have 2 different last names, & are both shareholders. Do they only get one OBC for the cabin, or do they both get an OBC? Say it's a 14 day cruise, would it just be $250 or could they possibly get $500, because they're both shareholders with different last names.

Minette

I think it would be per cabin, but I stand to be corrected.

At the risk of again being deleted from a posting, we deeply feel that the partiality of a CC member who is a shareholder of any cruise line to who's board they post a comment may be held in question for they are bound to be influenced by the fact that they have financial self interests in the position they take. We do not say this is wrong. We just say that this fact should be acknowledged.

The typical stockholder who posts on CC probably owns 100 shares. Nothing that person could post could significantly enhance the value of his/her miniscule ownership in the company.

Minette

It's per cabin only,since you will both have the same booking number

yup we love the stock benefit:

May 7 days - $100

May 1 day - $50 (cruise was only $35)

Sept 2 day - $50

Sept 15 day - $250

Jan 7 day - $100

Jan 10 day - $100

Return $650, too bad I only bought the stock after 100 days of sailing Princess... got in late. But look forward to reaping the rewards now.

Thanks for this thread. I just bought my stock and will now attempt to get a credit for my upcoming cruise on the Sapphire Princess. I should have done this sooner. Any word on if this will be extended past this year?

Any extention will be noted in the Carnival annual report which should be available about March 5.

Alas, this feature is not available to UK users, so it seems we only find out once we board or call the cruise line.

Ditto Australian I have 2 cruises booked and I know we have the credit applied but on the my princess page we have nothing credited nor any cruises booked?:eek:

Note: the benefit is available to UK shareholders; the method of confirming the credit has been applied via My Princess is only available to customers who book through the US offices.

This is not corect I posted recently that nothing is shown on My Princess for me but we did book through USA travel agent not an australian one

HUH? :eek:

Thanks for this thread. I just bought my stock and will now attempt to get a credit for my upcoming cruise on the Sapphire Princess. I should have done this sooner. Any word on if this will be extended past this year?

It's been extended every year for 11 years, so can't imagine it wouldn't be.

Wish I had bought the shares a year ago. Even today at close to 37 they seem highly regarded. But for someone planning one 14 day cruise per year, even at $40 it is like getting a tax free dividend of over 6% IF THE PROGRAM CONTINUES. Like other posters here, I feel sure that it will.

I'm in for 100 shares. Now with my recent investment luck the shares will collapse and the benefit terminate.

So in order to be fair and warn all of you that a very unlucky investor now owns the shares, I thought I best post this. If you continue to hold the shares and bad things happen, don't say that you were not warned.

How about those that fell in love with a cruise line and became partial to them and then, after many cruises with them, decided to invest in them? How in the world would that become an influence based upon financial self interest? The bias came first and the smart investment came many years later.

Wish I had bought the shares a year ago. Even today at close to 37 they seem highly regarded. But for someone planning one 14 day cruise per year, even at $40 it is like getting a tax free dividend of over 6% IF THE PROGRAM CONTINUES. Like other posters here, I feel sure that it will.

I'm in for 100 shares. Now with my recent investment luck the shares will collapse and the benefit terminate.

So in order to be fair and warn all of you that a very unlucky investor now owns the shares, I thought I best post this. If you continue to hold the shares and bad things happen, don't say that you were not warned.

Not the least bit concerned. They have given me back far more $$$ than I have given them. :D In 2009 only we received $1100 and in 2010 we will receive $1150 with another $750 already scheduled for 2011.

Edited by Pia1913