Favorite NCL ship?

STAM

Tough to pick just one ship as most of them have their own charm. In my case, I had only beeon on the Sea out of Houston, and it left a LOT to be desired. The Dawn was such a contrast in so many ways, that I would have immediately picked it as a favorite even if I had not had such extraordinary VIP treatment very unexpectedly.

That said, my SA and Bermuda cruises on the Crown will be almost impossible to beat for many many reasons.

This is kind of off topic but DW and I were discussing Oceanview Cabins on the Spirit. We usually have an Inside but the cost is so reasonable for OV. The problem is it looks like the window is behind the bed. Is that right?

Yes they push the 2 twin beds together and your "headboard" is a rather large window (very nice with sunny yellow cafe curtains) the rooms on the Spirit as well as the entire ship are very cheerful and very tastefully decorated:)

For me, it varies. In the last few years I have sailed a few:

Best Party Ship: The Gem

Best Decor: The Spirit

Best Entertainment: The Dawn

Best Overall Caribbean/Alaska itineraries: The Pearl

Best ship to Relax: The Majesty

Best Memories: The Sun

Most Professional crew: The Gem

Most Happy crew: The Pearl

Most genuine crew: The Majesty

Most wild and crazy crew (at the time): The Spirit

Most interesting crew: The Dawn

Favorite pool areas: The Dawn

Favorite outdoor dining: Jewel class ships

Favorite disco: The Gem and Pearl's Bliss

Favorite lounges: The Dawn

Best kept secret area: Majesty's deck 8 starboard aft and the Dawn's forward sun deck on 13.

Best Buffet: The Pearl

Best dining experiences: The Pearl

Most memorable dinner: The Pearl (I am sensing a theme here)!

Best penthouse suite experience: The Jewel 10500

Best bridge viewing room: Why, that is a no-brainer...the Gem wins hands down of course!

Have not sailed the Star, Jade, or Hawaii ship...yet!

coka

The Majesty here. You actually feel like you are on a ship! Not a large generic floating hotel with extra pay restaurants. She is the last of a dying breed for NCL. Enjoy her while you still can before the phony ships like the Epic takeover. You do not need to spend extra for cover charges at bars or to eat at alternative restaurants for a good time... The Norway would be second if she was still around.

We've only been on three, with another cruise scheduled on a ship we have already been on.

The itinerary determines which she we choose as we know we'll love whatever ship we are on. The Pride of America, though, would have to rate as our favorite, simply because of the itinerary.

My favorite ship - Is actually a tie between the the Pride of Hawaii (now Jade) and the Pearl.

There are elements on both that won my heart making it tough to pick one above the other...It would be cool to combine those aspects, then they'd have a hard time getting me off the ship :eek::D.

My favorite destination - Again a tie (lol, yes, I'm indecisive about most everything in life :rolleyes::p)...between the Western Caribbean itinerary and Hawaiian itinerary.

We've been to the W. Caribbean twice and wouldn't mind going again (love Roatan and Belize!!!) and would be so happy to sail around the Hawaiian islands again but when we can take a longer vacation so we're not so worn out by the long flight and the time change.

We just returned from our first cruise. We traveled to Bermuda on the Spirit and fell in love with cruising. We loved the Spirit and would sail her again in a heartbeat, but I would like to try something new for our next cruise. What is your favorite NCL Ship? Where is your favorite destination?

Thanks!

We did the Spirit last Nov/Dec, we did enjoy her, but she isn't our favorite, my favorite is the Sun (the crew is the best) hubby likes the Jewel. He hasn't been on the Sun. When I think about the one I have had the most fun on, it would have to be the Sea, originally Seaward. There was just something special about her. The cabins were tiny, she wasn't huge by todays standard (at one time she was) and she didn't have a lot of charm, but everyone was so friendly. Maybe I loved her because the first time we sailed her was our 2 granddaughters first cruise and they were in 7th hearven all week. plus we had the best wait staff ever. I think our waiter is still with one of the ships: he would say, everynight:"I am Santiago and I here to serve you." The assistant was Joe, The matre D' danced twice with our then, 11 year old granddaughter and the entertainment was outstanding. They were doing the broadway shows at that time. The second time we cruised her we were with 2 couples we had known for about 40 years or close. We had Carlos for our Concierge which helped and we just had a wonderful time.

Nita

Archived