RCI Smoking policy

Just a simple question on RCI's smoking policy. Are you allowed to smoke on the balcony?

PLEASE NO LONG DISSENSION on whether a person should or should not smoke, the answer to the question is all that is needed.

Thank you

Just a simple question on RCI's smoking policy. Are you allowed to smoke on the balcony?

PLEASE NO LONG DISSENSION on whether a person should or should not smoke, the answer to the question is all that is needed.

Thank you

There will be a long discussion and you knew this and the answer to your question otherwise you would not have worded your question this way:rolleyes:

DW and I are both smokers and balcony snobs!

We always bring out own "High Sided" ash trays so that the breeze doesn't blow the ash and butts out of the low sided glass ash trays RCI provides upon request.

We also bring a large tin can to put our butts in and discuss our smoking with our Room Steward to arrange for the butt can to be emptied regularly.

We have never has a problem nor have we ever had complaints from people on near by balconies.

Thank you

Boring Morning,Eh?.

There will be a long discussion and you knew this and the answer to your question otherwise you would not have worded your question this way:rolleyes:

I have not cruised on RCI in years so I really did not know the answer to this question. It was a ligament question and your remarks are uncalled for. Rolleyes yourself...... I thought this was a place a person could come and get information when needed. I'm done and will leave it where it is, I have the answer I was seeking and thank you all for your answers.

I have not cruised on RCI in years so I really did not know the answer to this question. It was a ligament question and your remarks are uncalled for. Rolleyes yourself...... I thought this was a place a person could come and get information when needed. I'm done and will leave it where it is, I have the answer I was seeking and thank you all for your answers.[/quote

Shirlmac, yes you can smoke on your balcony. Not inside your cabin. There is a fine for that.

Dont worry about the stupid posts, It's a public forum and you will get that. I always wonder if a person does not like a topic or thread just dont read it or post on it.

Nuff said. Have a great cruise

What is the Smoking Policy onboard?

Effective January 2008, smoking is only permitted in designated areas and outdoors on the Starboard side of the ship (contact the Guest Services for details). Smoking is not permitted in any dining venue, theater, hallway or corridor. Smoking is not permitted inside any stateroom or on Oasis class Boardwalk or Central Park private balconies, however, it is permitted on private ocean view balconies of balcony/suite staterooms. A $250 penalty will be applied to the SeaPass for guests found smoking in staterooms or on the private balconies in Boardwalk and Central Park onboard Oasis class ships. Pipe & cigar smoking is only permitted within the Cigar lounge. If no Cigar lounge exists on the ship, there will be a designated area for pipe & cigar smoking, you will find out the location once onboard. Cigarettes, cigars and pipe tobacco must be properly disposed of and never thrown overboard. A guest must be at least 18 years of age to purchase, possess or use tobacco onboard.

The new policy will go into effect aboard 18 of 21 ships initially, with Legend of the Seas, Rhapsody of the Seas and Splendour of the Seas following suit with the 2008 summer season.

When we were on the LOS -6/29-7/4 - I could have sworn when were were having the muster that they said NO SMOKING on the balconies. There were people smoking on the upper deck and other designated areas. One man trying to smoke a cigar near the Flow Rider was caught by Security.

What is the Smoking Policy onboard?

Effective January 2008, smoking is only permitted in designated areas and outdoors on the Starboard side of the ship (contact the Guest Services for details). Smoking is not permitted in any dining venue, theater, hallway or corridor. Smoking is not permitted inside any stateroom or on Oasis class Boardwalk or Central Park private balconies, however, it is permitted on private ocean view balconies of balcony/suite staterooms. A $250 penalty will be applied to the SeaPass for guests found smoking in staterooms or on the private balconies in Boardwalk and Central Park onboard Oasis class ships. Pipe & cigar smoking is only permitted within the Cigar lounge. If no Cigar lounge exists on the ship, there will be a designated area for pipe & cigar smoking, you will find out the location once onboard. Cigarettes, cigars and pipe tobacco must be properly disposed of and never thrown overboard. A guest must be at least 18 years of age to purchase, possess or use tobacco onboard.

The new policy will go into effect aboard 18 of 21 ships initially, with Legend of the Seas, Rhapsody of the Seas and Splendour of the Seas following suit with the 2008 summer season.

When we were on the LOS -6/29-7/4 - I could have sworn when were were having the muster that they said NO SMOKING on the balconies. There were people smoking on the upper deck and other designated areas. One man trying to smoke a cigar near the Flow Rider was caught by Security.

They state this as their policy, but on some ships, Independence for one, smoking is on the port side of the upper decks

When we were on the LOS -6/29-7/4 - I could have sworn when were were having the muster that they said NO SMOKING on the balconies.

Sorry, but you must have misunderstood. Their smoking policies are pretty clear. They do announce during the muster something about disposing of cigarettes over the balconies {or something like that}

But as it stands, smoking is allowed on ocean view balconies.

Yes you can smoke on your balcony. I have found each of RCCL's ships have different smoking policies as far as where you smoke onboard. Radiance had very few places, but other ships had quite a few lounges you could smoke in. Enjoy your your cruise.

LOL! I wonder if you can just pay the $250 fine up front and smoke in your room!

Someone once asked this {of course leading to much onboard controversy ;)} - but if I remember correctly from all of the bantering back and forth - the $250 charge would be per day and could lead to being put off in the next port.

So yeah....not really worth it. Just take the walk up to the top deck if you don't have a balcony. :)

LOL! I wonder if you can just pay the $250 fine up front and smoke in your room!

The fine of $250 is not a one time thing. They could fine you on a daily basis and for continuing in breaking the guest conduct policy they could go as far as to disembark you at the next port.

I have to ask this question. We will be sailing the Radiance of the Seas, balcony cabin in November and both my husband and I are smokers, who normally book insides and DON'T smoke in the cabin even when it is allowed on other cruise lines.

I remember when we sailed Princess last year in a balcony cabin, we asked our cabin steward for an ashtray and informed him at the time that we would only be smoking on the balcony, not inside the cabin. He mentioned that he would then get us an ousdide type ashtray, one with the lid with holes that would snuff out the cigarette.

Since we have not been on a balcony cabin on Royal Caribbean since the new rules, can anyone tell me if they supply these type ashtrays for the outside with lids, or should I buy and bring my own?

Having just completed a cruise aboard Adventure of the Seas, I found that the Connoisseur Club was a wonderful place to smoke one of the fine Cuban cigars that I found in Aruba. I found the cigar club to be a most pleasant place to smoke cigarettes as well before I gave them up (back when Michael's Club was a cigar bar on Celebrity).

I have not cruised on RCI in years so I really did not know the answer to this question. It was a ligament question and your remarks are uncalled for. Rolleyes yourself...... I thought this was a place a person could come and get information when needed. I'm done and will leave it where it is, I have the answer I was seeking and thank you all for your answers.

Now I have a question...what is a ligament question? I've never heard of such a term..??

DW and I are both smokers and balcony snobs!

We always bring out own "High Sided" ash trays so that the breeze doesn't blow the ash and butts out of the low sided glass ash trays RCI provides upon request.

We also bring a large tin can to put our butts in and discuss our smoking with our Room Steward to arrange for the butt can to be emptied regularly.

We have never has a problem nor have we ever had complaints from people on near by balconies.

Thank you for being considerate smokers... no sarcasm, I mean it!:)

I have to ask this question. We will be sailing the Radiance of the Seas, balcony cabin in November and both my husband and I are smokers, who normally book insides and DON'T smoke in the cabin even when it is allowed on other cruise lines.

Since we have not been on a balcony cabin on Royal Caribbean since the new rules, can anyone tell me if they supply these type ashtrays for the outside with lids, or should I buy and bring my own?

As far as I know, you just have a regular ash tray so I bring my own--from Commodore cruise line, no less, won playing trivia. However, I never asked them if they had an "outdoor" one. Mine is about four inches in diameter with a "bump" in the middle to put the cigarette out on and has a lid.

Tucker in Texas

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlmac viewpost.gif

Now I have a question...what is a ligament question? I've never heard of such a term..??

I think they meant legitimate.

They did have small metal enclosed outside type ash trays on Freedom of the Sea's in May. They were about 9 inches high and weighted on the bottom to prevent tipping or blowing over, with a small hole on the side to put the cigarette butt in. I believe the cabin attendant put water in the bottom also.

It worked out great!

They did have small metal enclosed outside type ash trays on Freedom of the Sea's in May. They were about 9 inches high and weighted on the bottom to prevent tipping or blowing over, with a small hole on the side to put the cigarette butt in. I believe the cabin attendant put water in the bottom also.

It worked out great!

DH puts a little water in the bottom of an empty beer bottle and then uses that for his ash and butts.

Archived