How early do you arrive at the pier?

ksatte03

We depart at 4pm. Fun pass says check-in is from 12:30 to 2:30.

Since it's been in the triple-digit temps, we don't want to stand outside in a line for hours.

So, how early do you get to the pier?

We get to EZCruise parking around 10:30 to take the shuttle and be in line within about 15 minutes and are usually onboard by 11:30 am.

Ecstasy has been a tad late a few times, but Conquest is usally right on time getting in and getting the cruisers off.

For our Glory cruise we arrived at the port at 1000am and due to departing passengers taking forever to get off the ship(completely understand) we didn't get on board till almost 1130am. Fortunately we had chairs to sit on at Port Canaveral.

Arrive as early as you can, as the lineups build quickly and it could get very warm between 1230 and 230

Id advise parking at Lighthouse point or EZcruise if your hotel doesnt have free parking in Galveston. Both are very close to the port and will shuttle you to the door and its $50 if you prepay online for 7 days. Good compared to most ports.

I am going to be called crazy but when it's finally time for me to sail away, I will be at the port no later than 9:30am. I live nearby, have internet/e-mail linked to my phone so if I have to stand in a line for 2 or three hours then bring it on!!! I would like to be one of the first on board. It is, after all, day 1 and I might as well be on board as early as possible if I am paying for it.

I am going to be called crazy but when it's finally time for me to sail away, I will be at the port no later than 9:30am. I live nearby, have internet/e-mail linked to my phone so if I have to stand in a line for 2 or three hours then bring it on!!! I would like to be one of the first on board. It is, after all, day 1 and I might as well be on board as early as possible if I am paying for it.

Iv been there and done that. EZCruise wouldnt shuttle us over early, you can park but they said they have a contract with the port not to have us over there trying up traffic in the way or some such nonsense, so Id have to walk over (easy, but not with suitcases). So, now I wait until like 10:30 out of Galveston.

I am going out of Miami. The parking rates are absolutely insane and I am not willing to pay them so I will be dropped off. When you did get to the pier really early, how long until you were on the ship?

We just went out of Miami on Valor. Got to port about 11am. Handed off bags, walked right through security, checked in, sat and waited 15 min and were called to board.

We were swimming before most people were on the boat!!

Id advise parking at Lighthouse point or EZcruise if your hotel doesnt have free parking in Galveston. Both are very close to the port and will shuttle you to the door and its $50 if you prepay online for 7 days. Good compared to most ports.

Thanks for the recommendation! I have already reserved parking at Lighthouse. We will be driving down to Galveston that morning (we live in Houston and it takes about an hour) so I wasn't sure what time to leave.

Since it's been in the triple-digit temps, we don't want to stand outside in a line for hours.

We always get to the Galveston port by 10:30. They will only let so many people inside at a time...so if you don't get there early, you might need to wait in line outside. We have always been on the ship before noon...eating lunch on the Lido and drinking a Funship Special!!!

When you get back - will you please post a review? We leave on the Ecstasy 9/5 and I need something to carry me over until then!

Thanks,

Ashley:)

We will park in the Port of Galveston Parking. We park for free as my husband is a disabled veteran. Even though the last time we parked in the Port of Galveston parking lot we lost our vehicle (Hurricane Ike). I won't hold that against them. We dropped our luggage off at the pier at 9:30 a.m., went and had breakfast, husband dropped me at the pier at 10:45 a.m., he returned on the shuttle at 10:55 a.m., we had no lines at any of the check-in areas, were in Zone 4 and boarding began at 11:40 a.m. We were walking the gangplank by 11:45 a.m. It was so easy and fast we barely had a chance to even think about lines. But, I will say the only line we stood in was the line to have our first boarding photo taken. That line went very fast. Even the S&S photo was fast. I was in heaven before I knew it. What a way to go!!!!!!! b0233.gif

We just went out of Miami on Valor. Got to port about 11am. Handed off bags, walked right through security, checked in, sat and waited 15 min and were called to board.

We were swimming before most people were on the boat!!

Thanks! We leave Sunday on Valor.. our first Carnival cruise!

No later than 11:00...usually around 10:30. I want to be in the front of the line when they open the doors. Checkin is a breeze and there's a comfortable place to sit while waiting. Usually on the ship by noon or 1230.....

Just make sure you arrive before the buses start arriving from the airport....it gets nuts at that time.

Just make sure you arrive before the buses start arriving from the airport....it gets nuts at that time.

It is funny that you mention that as it brings back memories. On my first cruise, after arriving at port, my dad and I went to the balcony and looked over the terminal area where you could literally hear the grass growing...I mean not a single soul. We go get a muffin or something to eat and return no more than about 10 minutes later and the place was an absolute zoo...we could believe our eyes as the setting was completely opposite just a few minutes earlier.

We always get to the Galveston port by 10:30. They will only let so many people inside at a time...so if you don't get there early, you might need to wait in line outside. We have always been on the ship before noon...eating lunch on the Lido and drinking a Funship Special!!!

When you get back - will you please post a review? We leave on the Ecstasy 9/5 and I need something to carry me over until then!

Thanks,

Ashley:)

Absolutely!

Thanks for the recommendation! I have already reserved parking at Lighthouse. We will be driving down to Galveston that morning (we live in Houston and it takes about an hour) so I wasn't sure what time to leave.

We've used Lighthouse the last two times we cruised out of Galveston. Worked out great. This last time, they had almost all of our bags out of the van and loaded on the shuttle before I ever got out of the Driver's Seat! They were great at unloading all of our luggage when we got to Galveston, and also loaded all of the luggage back in the van when we got back the following week. Great service.

We get there no later than 11. First cruise we followed the rules and got there around noon. There was a long line. We try for 10:30 at there is rarely a line. Plus you get to enjoy the ship while others wait in line.

Archived