Anytime dining - what time do you prefer?

Sue's Mom

What is your preferred seating time for dining?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preferred seating time for dining?

• Prior to 6pm
    • 6pm to 7pm
    • 7pm to 8pm
    • After 8pm

We enjoy "Anytime Dining" usually 8PM and after. Its great especially if You do tours in the ports and get back and are a little tired. You can shower and take a nap before the evening starts. However, everybody is different and that is what is nice about the "Anytime Dining". On some sea days, We sometimes go early to dinner. It all depends on how We feel and what We plan to do. Love this option! IKE

If I'm eating in the dining room, I'm waiting in line for when they open at 5:30. As a diabetic I want to make sure I eat about that time as I do at home; then I'll have a small meal around 9 or so. When I'm eating in the buffet, I eat about the same time as well.

We enjoy "Anytime Dining" usually 8PM and after. Its great especially if You do tours in the ports and get back and are a little tired. You can shower and take a nap before the evening starts. However, everybody is different and that is what is nice about the "Anytime Dining". On some sea days, We sometimes go early to dinner. It all depends on how We feel and what We plan to do. Love this option! IKE

That's exactly what we do to. My partner works over an hour from home, so we don't typically eat until 8 or 9 anyway. We want to maximize our time in ports, and like not having to be back at a certain time to eat.

dogdoc2002

We prefer to eat around 7-8...we can do later, but do NOT want to go earlier than that! We like drinks BEFORE dinner...like to get a good buzz going, and then, eat! After dinner, we seldom, if ever, drink! Pretty much, dinner is our evening!

There's no need to have to "rush" from port to make any of the dinner seatings, tho...there's plenty of time for all seatings, and for getting ready!

7:30ish seems to give us time to take a dip in the hot tub and have a glass of wine while we're getting ready for dinner. Plus, it's about the time we eat at home. I always used to tell my children that I aimed to serve dinner at 6, but my aim was bad. Since they've been gone, I don't bother aiming.

Our meal times vary daily depending on shore excursions, level of activitly etc.

That is why it is called "anytime dining", if one wants to eat at a certain time each evening then they should select 'traditional dining".

Mike:)

Our meal times vary daily depending on shore excursions, level of activitly etc.

That is why it is called "anytime dining", if one wants to eat at a certain time each evening then they should select 'traditional dining".

Not always the case. We like to eat between 7:00 and 7:30 which is after 1st traditional seating starts and before 2nd traditional seating starts.

Not always the case. We like to eat between 7:00 and 7:30 which is after 1st traditional seating starts and before 2nd traditional seating starts.

And you can do that with "anytime dining" but don't try and reserve a table for that time each evening as that was not the purpose for which Princess initiated the concept.

And you can do that with "anytime dining" but don't try and reserve a table for that time each evening as that was not the purpose for which Princess initiated the concept.

We never reserve a table. We are willing to sit wherever they want us to sit which is why we never had to wait to be seated at a very popular time. I could understand the passengers who did not get their request for traditional seating making reservations for the same time, same waitstaff each night. That would be the next best option for them.

Archived