Single Supplement - Questions

wizard-of-roz

It was a cruise to Alaska about 3 weeks ago.

Have your daughter check her cruise history in her profile on the Princess website. She should see a "2" next to her last cruise in the far right column, which means they gave her two cruise credits for booking solo. If it only says '1', call Princess and straighten this out ASAP! Let us know, please! :)

I thought, that in order for you to get 2 credits for a solo booking, it had to be at the 200% rate. I booked an inside single for my daughter to Alaska, paid a lesser supplement, not double and she received only the 1 regular credit. I'm hoping this is an oversight. Does anyone know if it's for any single supplement? If so, I'll have to look into getting her double credit.

Thanks

I was solo in my cruise 2 weeks ago. It is weird because there are cruise credits and then there are number of cruises. So now I have one more cruise credit then I do cruises. Sort of confusing. Mine says something like 20 cruises and 21 credits or something like that.

So in the future, they will go by credits???

I was solo in my cruise 2 weeks ago. It is weird because there are cruise credits and then there are number of cruises. So now I have one more cruise credit then I do cruises. Sort of confusing. Mine says something like 20 cruises and 21 credits or something like that.

So in the future, they will go by credits???

Coral, From the way I understand it now, your Captain's circle status will be based on (as before) your days sailed OR your cruise credits, not just your number of cruises. So, for those that book a full suite or travel solo, they can make the next tier in the Captain's Circle even faster. (BTW-It won't do a darned thing for us that have already hit Elite status, but it will help those trying to achieve it). :)

Yes, this is new but it's not retroactive. :( Also, if you take cruises longer than 7 days, it's meaningless since you're then better off counting days instead of the # of cruises.

There is also the OBC when you have 20 or more cruise credits. The extra for a single will get you there quicker. The credit isn't huge ($25 to $100), but every little bit helps.

There is also the OBC when you have 20 or more cruise credits. The extra for a single will get you there quicker. The credit isn't huge ($25 to $100), but every little bit helps.
True. I've got 18 completed Princess cruises, 213 days and 19 credits. By the end of this cruise, I'll have 21 credits so I guess I'll get $25 for my January cruise?

I didn't know you got extra OBC for have more than 20 cruise credits! Wow. I'll be coming up on that with either my next cruise or the one after. How do they decide how much you get? How did I miss this? That's great.

There is a little voucher/note left in your stateroom telling you it's a shipboard credit gift from princess. If I remember correctly 20 cruises =$25 30 cruises=$50 and 40+ cruises the gift is $100 (somebody please correct me if I am wrong here). ;)

There is a little voucher/note left in your stateroom telling you it's a shipboard credit gift from princess. If I remember correctly 20 cruises =$25 30 cruises=$50 and 40+ cruises the gift is $100 (somebody please correct me if I am wrong here). ;)

Thanks. That's nice. I'll always take a credit. It's going to be a while before I get to $50. LOL. But, I'm happy with $25.

True. I've got 18 completed Princess cruises, 213 days and 19 credits. By the end of this cruise, I'll have 21 credits so I guess I'll get $25 for my January cruise?

Pam,

I hope you do, but I got the impression the OBC was based on your status the begining of the cruise.

Archived