new brochure and mariner

suec12

Oh I got the new Europe 2010 brochure yesterday - I was thinking my Nautica cruise was going to be a "once in a lifetime" treat but that brochure gave me the wants BIG TIME! It is frustrating to me tho the prices listed - they seem so high but I know if you knock off the "free air" and then there is the $2000 per cabin reduction! Do you think their prices are actually starting out lower than the 2009 sailings? I'll have to get out my calculator! And how is Mariner going to fit into their future cruises - will it be sailing by summer 2010? and be deployed where? I wonder how their 2010 bookings are going at this point.

It is frustrating to me tho the prices listed - they seem so high but I know if you knock off the "free air" and then there is the $2000 per cabin reduction! Do you think their prices are actually starting out lower than the 2009 sailings? I'll have to get out my calculator! And how is Mariner going to fit into their future cruises - will it be sailing by summer 2010? and be deployed where? I wonder how their 2010 bookings are going at this point.

The promotions seem to be limited time offers as before last fall when things went downhill they did not discount.

I think the Mariner is another cruise line not Oceania;)

However they do have a new ship MARINA and according to recent news she will be sailing in December 2009 or 2010 (if all goes according to plan)

Reservations for Marina are scheduled to open during the fourth quarter of 2009.

And how is Mariner going to fit into their future cruises - will it be sailing by summer 2010? and be deployed where? I wonder how their 2010 bookings are going at this point.

First of all, the name of the new Oceania ship, presently under construction in Italy, is the "Marina". Regent has a ship named the Mariner, but she has been cruising for a number of years.

The Marina will not be launched and christened until December of 2010. The first sailing will be a crossing to Miami but no further details are currently available.

As you as very interested, I suggest you go to the Oceania website and register under "Explore Ships - Marina". https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina.aspx

By doing so you will be among the first to received details of future cruises.....

I suggest you go to the Oceania website and register under "Explore Ships - Marina". https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina.aspx

By doing so you will be among the first to received details of future cruises.....

Thanks for the heads-up to register for advance info on Marina. I'm already on the Oceania e-mail list so I just assumed that I'd get Marina details once available. I registered today so now I will for sure! :):)

• 1 month later...
First of all, the name of the new Oceania ship, presently under construction in Italy, is the "Marina". Regent has a ship named the Mariner, but she has been cruising for a number of years.

The Marina will not be launched and christened until December of 2010. The first sailing will be a crossing to Miami but no further details are currently available.

As you as very interested, I suggest you go to the Oceania website and register under "Explore Ships - Marina". https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/marina.aspx

Likely the reason for the delay in releasing the Itinerary. I believe the original target was fall 2010

DEAN

Archived