Port Canaveral

Best hotel for a one night stay?? Leave August 10 on Monarch.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT stay at the Radission! We have stayed at the Sheraton 4 points.........very nice. Small pool, but a quick walk to the beach. We have also stayed at Country Inns and Suits. Also, very nice. Again, small pool....but free breakfast. A little further down is the Hampton Inn, Coco Beach. Also, nice. My favorite is the 4 points....but like I mentioned, the pool is TINY! However, no biggie for us, as we have a pool at home.

The last 2 times we have stayed at the Radisson, we have had ants in our room. I might also mention that the stays were 3-4 years apart. We recently stayed there for our June cruise because the online rate was too good to pass up. I had said the LAST time we stayed there and had to move rooms 3 times because of bugs, I wouldn't stay there.......but we did. This time I'm serious........we will NOT stay there again!

The Best Western is about 2 or 3 miles from the Port and the rooms are nice and reasonable. You can walk to the beach, eat at Durango Steakhouse (right next to hotel) and get up and have a great breakfast at the Omlette Station. (Hotel also offers a continental breakfast if you'd rather save money). This is located next to the pier so you can walk out on the pier in the evening and have a drink and watch the cruise ships leaving port. The hotel offers a shuttle to the pier also.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT stay at the Radission! We have stayed at the Sheraton 4 points.........very nice. Small pool, but a quick walk to the beach. We have also stayed at Country Inns and Suits. Also, very nice. Again, small pool....but free breakfast. A little further down is the Hampton Inn, Coco Beach. Also, nice. My favorite is the 4 points....but like I mentioned, the pool is TINY! However, no biggie for us, as we have a pool at home.

Quick question about 4 points:

We are booked to stay there before and after our next cruise. Did you take a cab to the port from there? If so, how much did it cost you?

For past 4 cruises, have stayed night before at Marriott's Residence Inn. Right across the street from the pier terminal, great hot free breakfast, new property and very nice rooms. Can leave car there parked in back for free while on cruise.

The issue of being close to the port is really NOT important as most Cocoa Beach hotels are no more than 10 minutes away from the port. I guess it only matters if you need to take a taxi.

We stay at hotels on the beach, 5 minutes past the Radisson.

As noted, please check the “the I work in Cocoa Beach “thread on the Florida Departures portion of these boards. There is LOTS of info there.

M

For past 4 cruises, have stayed night before at Marriott's Residence Inn. Right across the street from the pier terminal, great hot free breakfast, new property and very nice rooms. Can leave car there parked in back for free while on cruise.

The pier terminal is in an industrial area, none of the hotels are right across the street. Most are a 5 or 10 minute drive.

we stayed last month at the Day's Inn, it was fine for the night, clean, maybe 100-200 ft from the beach, we had the cruise and park package, stayed one night, left our car in there lot down the street for $89, I didn't think that was a bad deal at all

Quick question about 4 points:

We are booked to stay there before and after our next cruise. Did you take a cab to the port from there? If so, how much did it cost you?

We had our car, so I can't help you with the cab info. Because of limited parking, they will not keep your car while you cruise. I ASSUME you are flying in........it is very close to the port.....maybe 10 minutes, so I can't see cab fare being that bad.

Sorry I can't give you more information.

PS....saw you are from Tennessee. Where? DH and I went to school in Nashville, and lived there for 5 years after. LAter we were transfered to Memphis.

I really enjoyed the Residence Inn when I last went out of PC. The staff was just as excited about a shuttle launch as we were. Weeknights feature a manager's reception with free food and beer. They have a small general store but when my niece's MP3 player ran out of batteries, they gave her some from the office instead of making her pay for them. Good all around.

We also recommend the Residence Inn. We've had excellent experiences every time we stayed there!

We have stayed at the Residence and it was very nice. We also stay at the Courtyard which is right next to the Hampton. Very nice hotel, beautiful tropical pool. All rooms have balconies. You can walk to the beach easily with no streets to cross. They have a restaurant and lounge. You can get the transportation to the port there also. Free parking while you are gone. We did it in May and it was terrific. $10 pp round trip. Pick you up as soon as you get off and you don't have to wait for others which we liked as we get off first.

To each their own but.... my two cents worth ;)

We stay at the Radisson in Cocoa Beach every time we go out of that port.

http://www.radisson.com/capecanaveralfl

While the hotel isn't amazing... it has been clean and in very good condition every time we have stayed there. (Around 5 times now) We have never had a single issue. I LOVE thier pool and hot tub, and so far from what we have seen it never seems to be closed late at night. There always seems to be a fun group of people at this hotel. McDonalds is across the street and even though I am not a fast food lover, it's good for a quick cheap meal and for breakfast. I obviously am not a "foodie". I was not impressed with the Italian place next door.

We always rent a car with Budget, and they are next door to the hotel. We have a routine now of Dave dropping us, and all our luggage off at the port and then taking the car back to Budget and having them give him a ride back over on the Budget shuttle. So far it has made it a very stress free morning. Better than packing the luggage into the car and then unloading it at Budget and then reloading it for the transfer to the ship. The hotel shuttle has always been a "cattle call" and we avoid it at all costs.

We are planning to stay there again in September pre-cruise. Last time we found out there is a manatee park walking distance and from there you have an amazing view of the ship in the morning. While we didn't see any manatees the one time we were there we did see a dolphin and then an aligator. It was such a relaxing way to start the day. Having coffee while looking at the ship we will be boarding in just a few hours.

Archived