What is happening to Carnival?

stevenr597

What is quoted on the travel website is the number of unique itineraries, and have multiple sailing dates to chose from.

Carnivals capacity: 56,054 x 365 days (theoretical) 20,459,710 passenger days per year.

RCCL capacity: 59,889 x365 days 21,859,485

If you'd like some numbers and some facts, YOU can find them by researching CCL and RCL Quarterly profit figures for the last 5 years. You will find that RCL's GROSS per Qtr. very often hovers around CCL's NET profit each qtr. And RCL's net NEVER even approaches CCL's net profits.

Is that possible with RCL having a "greater" pax load AND at a higher price per? Not by any mathematical procedure I know.

If you'd like some numbers and some facts, YOU can find them by researching CCL and RCL Quarterly profit figures for the last 5 years. You will find that RCL's GROSS per Qtr. very often hovers around CCL's NET profit each qtr. And RCL's net NEVER even approaches CCL's net profits.

Is that possible with RCL having a "greater" pax load AND at a higher price per? Not by any mathematical procedure I know.

that pretty much ended the debate! Good post

You are quoting carnival CORPORATION, which includes:

"Carnival Corporation is a cruise and vacation company. The Company has a portfolio of cruise brands and is a provider of cruises to all vacation destinations. The cruise brands of the Company includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess Cruises (Princess), Costa Cruises (Costa), Holland America Line, P&O Cruises, AIDA Cruises (AIDA), Cunard Line (Cunard), Ibero Cruises (Ibero), Ocean Village, P&O Cruises Australia and The Yachts of Seabourn (Seabourn). In addition to the cruise operations, the Company owns Holland America Tours and Princess Tours, the cruise/tour operators in the State of Alaska and the Yukon Territory of Canada."

Carnival CRUISE lines is but one component.

The discussion is about RCCL and CCL, the cruise lines themselves, not the parent corporations

You are quoting carnival CORPORATION, which includes:

"Carnival Corporation is a cruise and vacation company. The Company has a portfolio of cruise brands and is a provider of cruises to all vacation destinations. The cruise brands of the Company includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess Cruises (Princess), Costa Cruises (Costa), Holland America Line, P&O Cruises, AIDA Cruises (AIDA), Cunard Line (Cunard), Ibero Cruises (Ibero), Ocean Village, P&O Cruises Australia and The Yachts of Seabourn (Seabourn). In addition to the cruise operations, the Company owns Holland America Tours and Princess Tours, the cruise/tour operators in the State of Alaska and the Yukon Territory of Canada."

Carnival CRUISE lines is but one component.

The discussion is about RCCL and CCL, the cruise lines themselves, not the parent corporations

And RCL is RCCL, X, and Azamara.

Our question, is whether Carnival is doing enough to provide a safe environment for all the passengers?

I know that individuals will argue that incidents always occur, but why does Carnival seem to be the cruise line that attracts the greatest number?

There is no question in my mind that Carnival is as safe as any other major cruise line. You cannot be expected to protect people from themselves and their own stupidity which is over 90% of the incidents that are reported. Carnival also cannot be expected to make parent s control their kids. Heavens it is their vacations and they can act like idiots on vacation just like they do at home or in school, because mommy and daddy can always fix everything.

As far as why Carnival seems to have the greatest number . . . statistics. Carnival carries more passengers than all of the other mass market lines combined. That means that over 50% of all incidents will be on a Carnival ship.

I am confused. I thought people who come to this board are Carnival Patrons or those who are considering to be Carnival Patrons. Why are there so many people posting who obviously don't care for carnival? Shouldn't they be on their board of Cruiseline Choice? I was always told as a child that if you couldn't say something nice or beneficial, then you shouldn't say anything at all, Just a thought. :o

I am confused. I thought people who come to this board are Carnival Patrons or those who are considering to be Carnival Patrons. Why are there so many people posting who obviously don't care for carnival? Shouldn't they be on their board of Cruiseline Choice? I was always told as a child that if you couldn't say something nice or beneficial, then you shouldn't say anything at all, Just a thought. :o

Carnival Bashing is great sport on most cruise forums. Just something that those who paid more and got less seem to enjoy doing.:rolleyes:

Talking about security and such, not sure how many are aware of current legistlation pending that will change how cruise lines respond to events on board. On the face of it- sounds great. But if you really look at it you will find it is actaully going to save the cruise lines a ton of $ in the future. It will require an action/reporting of crimes and abuse, set up a procedure of protocals required, and more transparency into internal findings on board. The cruise lobbiest/industry has spent millions every year fighting this kind of legistlation, now all of a sudden is fully backing this bill as long as one concession is added...making it immune to any punative damages in any law suit against the cruise industry. So when things do happen they are responsible for they will not have to pay. Overall sounds like a positive change.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-cruise7-2009jul07,0,4639173.story

Archived