Southampton to London

SouthWest trains runs form Southampton to London Waterloo. It is probably the easiest option if you are going to be staying in London after your cruise.

It takes less than 2 hours.

You can find out more about train times by visiting this website TheTrainLine

Cheers,

Peter

Hi

we booked a funfare on national express, it cost 5 GPS each which is very cheap as it is at leat 31 GPS on the train or the normal fare, we are travelling from London to Southhampton but i am sure that it works both ways. You can book it 3 months in advance.

Hope this helps just google National Express funfares :)

Yes, you will save money by taking the coach but the train offers a much more relaxed journey. The train is also much quicker; express services will get you from Southampton to London in about one hour fifteen minutes. The coach will probably be an hour or so more.

The coach station and train station are almost side by side in terms of distance from the port.

SouthWest trains runs form Southampton to London Waterloo. It is probably the easiest option if you are going to be staying in London after your cruise.

It takes less than 2 hours.

You can find out more about train times by visiting this website TheTrainLine

1) Take the train. While the bus might be a little cheaper, the train is much more comfortable and an hour faster ( a lot of the coaches go via LHR which adds to the time).

2) If you visit megatrain.com there are a few trains per day that are insanely cheap (6 GBP). You have to be on that specific journey, and ride the carriage marked "Megatrain", but can save you some money

I find it much easier to board the coach than the trains. I am not comfortable doing a lot of stairs. I have found the coach drivers to be extremely helpful with my luggage and making sure I get off the coach where I need to do so.

I find it much easier to board the coach than the trains. I am not comfortable doing a lot of stairs. I have found the coach drivers to be extremely helpful with my luggage and making sure I get off the coach where I need to do so.

If there are stairs at a station, there's usually a lift for people unable to manage-at main line ones. There are no other steps to negotiate, as train doors are flush with the platforms.

Archived