The best cruise itinerary?

Hi all, Myself and DH, Sister and her husband would like to take a european cruise around Sept. 2010 we know nothing about europe, but here are some of the places we would like to see. Buckingham Palace, Liverpoole, and Paris. Now here is the question. What itinerary do we want? Which cruise line would be the most economical? We would like about a 7-10 nt. cruise. Can we leave out of the US? Any suggestions at all will be much appreciated. Matter of fact ANY info at all will help.

Thanks

You could take the QM2 from NYC to Southampton

then go to London & Liverpool via train to see the sights.

You could fly to London see the sights then fly or take the train to Paris.

These cities are not really near the port

You could do a precruise stay in the U.K. then cruise from there to other places you may want to see I suggest you consult your TA to find out what options are best for your needs.

You should do a bit of research first and see what part or parts of Europe you would like to see. You can do a Mediteranean Crusie, a Baltic Cruise etc, each having their own great itineraries. As was said, if you are from the USA, the best way is to fly to a port in Europe, say London, do a crusie from there, and do a pre or post cruise stay in London. From there you can get to Paris, or to several other places doing day trips or overnights.

Your statement is very open and it would be hard for anyone to jsut say, 'Do This one, it's great'.

Hi all, Myself and DH, Sister and her husband would like to take a european cruise around Sept. 2010 we know nothing about europe, but here are some of the places we would like to see. Buckingham Palace, Liverpoole, and Paris. Now here is the question. What itinerary do we want? Which cruise line would be the most economical? We would like about a 7-10 nt. cruise. Can we leave out of the US? Any suggestions at all will be much appreciated. Matter of fact ANY info at all will help.

Thanks

Well, I think you need to figure out exactly what sort of things you want to visit. A lot of European cities (Paris, London, Rome) for example, aren't really near cruise docks (100 miles, 75 miles, 50 miles for the examples above). If you really want to see Paris and London, you might be better off flying to London, visiting London, train to Paris, visit Paris and then head somewhere to start your cruise.

You could potentially do the 2 UK ports in British isles cruise with a pre or post cruise in Paris.

Some of the repositioning cruises where the ship leaves the baltics (usually sept) and trundles around to the Med have both le havre (nearest port for paris) and UK stops (but most likely Dover). However Paris is such a sacinating place that I'm not sure how much justice you could do it by the time you add on the travel time to and from le Havre.

I think I would do one of the Dover/Southampton to Monte Carlo cruises. We did the reverse once, and it was wonderful. You can plan a pre-cruise stay in London, with a side trip up to Liverpool etc., and then a post-cruise trip up to Paris, flying home from there. How does that sound?

There is a Princess cruise (Crown Princess this year) that is doing a British Isles cruise roundtrip from Southampton (which gets you London to start your cruise or end your cruise, or both), and includes a stop in Liverpool as well as a stop at Le Harve, France (gateway to Paris --- however, it is quite a long trek into Paris, but it is doable)

You should go to your favorit travel agent and discuss your plans. What is the best for me is the best for me. What is good for you only you know. It is like asking where should I go in the US? Every place has its own falvor. Going to a travel agent is fun, as you will be speaking to a live person. You agen has experience and ha s already recearch the internet.

Next June my daughters and I are flying to Paris for 3 days, taking the Eurostar to London for 3 days, then going on the Crown Princess's 12-night British Isles cruise out of Southampton that jstducky mentioned: http://www.princess.com/pb/itineraryDetails.do?voyageCode=3023&trade=E

Rereading your post, I see you want a 7-10 cruise. I suggest you do a land trip instead to see the places you want to visit in England and France.

Archived