Ulta?

JanineM

I was just reading today's local paper and there is a flyer advertising an ULTA store that is opening about 15 miles south of our house in Palm Bay. I really like Sephora, but the closest store is 50 miles away in Orlando, and paying for shipping becomes rather tiresome.

Can anyone who knows the two stores shed any light on ULTA for me? Is it as good as Sephora?

TIA!

Ulta is like a combination of Sephora and Target's beauty department, IMO. They carry "prestige" brands of cosmetics and skin care, as well as "drugstore" brands. Ulta's not as upscale as Sephora (my opinion), but you will be able to find some of the same things there. It depends what you're looking for. My local Ulta has a salon in it, as well. Hope that helps!

Ulta is like a combination of Sephora and Target's beauty department, IMO. They carry "prestige" brands of cosmetics and skin care, as well as "drugstore" brands. Ulta's not as upscale as Sephora (my opinion), but you will be able to find some of the same things there. It depends what you're looking for. My local Ulta has a salon in it, as well. Hope that helps!

I agree with this. Great description!

Ulta has nice sales, and a frequent shopper club too. Sign up for the emails so you can see what's on sale. I agree that it could be very good for you, depending on what you're shopping for. I enjoy going there, and I usually find a few things to buy;)

I like it way better thank Sephora. It's about 5 times bigger (mine is anyway), there are both drugstore brands and expensive brands, there are great sales, and usually none of the snotty attitude I get at Sephora.

Between ULTA and Sephora the local ULTA is much closer than the local Sephora so I go there. I really like ULTA, and I've had to return a few items because the shades didn't quite match and I've never had any problems with returns. There are always plenty of samples out and the staff are usually pretty friendly.

I have an Ulta 3 miles from me and I went for the first time today. I spent over $100. They have everything, including my perfume in a smaller bottle than I'm able to find anywhere else. Great store. Definitely bigger than Sephora.

Thanks everyone! I'll definitely take a drive down there one day soon ... not this weekend as it's opening weekend for both Ulta and SuperTarget, and in this part of the state that's about the most excitement they've seen in months! ;)

I do love Sephora - especially the little samples you get, and the birthday presents, etc., so I'll probably still shop there but it is nice to have a choice!

The nearest Ulta and Sephora stores are in the same location; about 500 yards apart. I prefer Ulta for many of the same reasons already listed. Take a look at Ulta.com and you'll be amazed at the sales, specials and giveaways. Plus, if you order online, you can return to the store. They also carry my favorite shade of nail polish and it's the own Ulta brand, Gold Tipped Rose. Goes with everything.

Forgot to mention that for me, these are 50 miles away (I live in the semi-sticks) so the online shopping is a real convenience in my case.

Big, BIG fan of Ulta for all the reasons stated above! I like the combination of prestige cosmetics AND drug store lines - I can get my Bare Minerals and Smashbox AND my L'Oreal hair color without going to two different places! PLUS it seems to me that Ulta does a good job of carrying EVERYTHING in a particular line - like ALL the Revlon lipsticks, every color - and I don't find that anywhere else, even WalMart.

Their "club card" or whatever it's called is very good, too. I bet I get a flyer in the mail once a week and it usually has a coupon in it for $3.50. Sign up for e-mail notices and you get coupons e-mailed to you, too.

I was one happy girl when the Ulta near me opened!

Hi Janine,:) we just had one open at Town Center. I have not been

yet but they must know Sephora is there too;)....they are in the

same area.

I am guessing Ulta is more of a "drug store" type place as opposed to

Sephora which in my opinion is definitely, "Cosmetics" however you want

to break it down.

Lois, my friend, when the temp drops another 20 degrees, we'll meet for lunch at SJTC and have a look around. Too hot to go there now!!!:eek: I didn't know Ulta had opened there. I believe there's also a stand-alone BE there.

I prefer the skincare and makeup at Sephora. I prefer the haircare and nailpolish at Ulta. I am lucky to have access to both, so I use Ulta as my primary source for haircare products and Sephora as my primary source for cosmetics and unique skincare products.

Sephora and Ulta carry many of the same cosmetic brands, though Sephora carries some higher high-end ones while Ulta carries drugstore brands. Both carry Smashbox, Urban Decay, and Bare Escentials. Sephora carries Laura Mercier, NARS, CK Calvin Klein. Ulta has much more in haircare including appliances.

Our local Sephora is pretty small, especially compared to the Ulta stores. But I did see a very large Sephora in Vegas, so there are larger stores than my local one. Sephora does include free little samples with purchases and Ulta only does a gift with purchase sometimes (like UD's tinted moisturizer w/a UD purchase). But Ulta also has coupons. However, they are usually not on the "prestige" lines except twice a year there is a 20% coupon mailed to club members and it's good on everything - and I have one of those right now. This is when I stock up on a few tubes of UD's shadow primer.

I was just reading today's local paper and there is a flyer advertising an ULTA store that is opening about 15 miles south of our house in Palm Bay. I really like Sephora, but the closest store is 50 miles away in Orlando, and paying for shipping becomes rather tiresome.

Can anyone who knows the two stores shed any light on ULTA for me? Is it as good as Sephora?

TIA!

Ha, Janine, too funny....as soon as I read the title to your post I thought "I bet she lives close to me"....and there you are, practically a neigbour!! I read the same flyer and wondered the exact same thing, don't know where that shopping center is though....wonder if it's the new one off Palm Bay Road. I've never heard of ULTA, too bad they didn't put it in Avenues of Viera....I love that place!!

Lynda

Archived