Add to my list

LHC

Dear Fellow Cruisers,

Help me with my newest list for my planning notebook. After taking a few cruises and having a new one upcoming with 14 days, I decided to make a list of 25 things (the date of Christmas)of must do's for this cruise. I will share a few and want your input of things you would have on YOUR list.

First, this cruise will be on the Prinsendam visiting the Southern Caribbean. That said here are the first three on my list 13 currently on my list:

Be on the Deck for SailAway

Have a true Formal Picture Made while Aboard

Dance on the Deck under the stars (by myself if necessary)

Help me with my last twelve. Feel free to think outside the Lines.

Linda LHC

Okay I have used the thalassotherapy pool on other vessels. I have never watched the ship dock, so that will be added, thank you Crew News. I love the Pinnacle and will be eating in it again this trip, but have never been there for Lunch, so I will add that to the list, Kakalina.

Abb4K, I have not had a free cappucino after dinner, so that has been added.

I do not gamble so I have decided to play ten dollars in slots each sea day. Go listen to piano music before dinner each evening. Watch a Holiday DVD each night (I will order and take them with me) as I have a great Christmas collection. Go see medical center (I am a RN).

Okay my list is now up to 17 only eight new and different things to go.

Linda LHC

Go out to the bow and visit the ship's bell. We did it on the Noordam and the Eurodam and it's nice to see up close. Do it when the ship is in port, not when it's moving, and ask for permission to go out there.

Mamaofami, what a great idea. Number 18 is see the bell.

Number 19 is await a shooting star, awaiting them will be great. Thank you catl331.

Number 20 will be hair done and facial. I have had massages on the ship and in port (plan more during the Holiday one on Antiqua). Thank you Queen K 2. Maybe I will let them do something totally different with my hair.

LIndaq

Go out to the bow and visit the ship's bell. .

You can't go out on the bow on the Prinsendam. You can look directly at it from the Lower Promenade, as there's just a gate from the walking area to the bow section. But you aren't allowed to pass, as there is all sorts of equipment out there.

The view is better from one deck up.

How and whom do you ask to tour the bridge? Is there a formal process in order to do this?

Linda

Since 9/11, it's not that easy to tour the bridge. Don't count on being able to do that.

Ruth, thanks for that info about the bell on the Prinsedam.

Here is what I do on every cruise:

1. Try a new drink

2. Order something you have never tasted before from the menu at least once

3. Do go to the top deck after dark at least once to see the starlit sky from the top.

4. Do pre-ordered something wonderful to greet you in your room for sailaway.

5. Any time you feel frustrated remember where you are and laugh it away.

Archived