Differences in suites on Ruby

VikingRob

My parents are booking a suite on Ruby. They have a VS E733 and are waitlisted for a PH. What is the difference besides location and cost of these two suites? Is one better than another? Thanks, Kim

Hi Kim

I don't know about the difference between VS and PH but the Emerald suite is on a corner and I would try to stick with an aft corner if they could. We always try to book an aft corner room for the view.(We're in C753 and it's just a regular balcony room but REALLY hard to get!) You only have the partition on one side and the other is an open view of the ocean. Is the PH less expensive?

IN my opinion the cabin they have is BETTER than the PHs on Riviera.

Thanks Karen! The PH is more expensive than the VS. I agree that the VS balcony seems better to me if there are no other differences. My dad jokes though that they are so low that they can ski behind the ship!;)

They may be better off staying with the VS suite as the PH suites on the Ruby are on the Riviera deck, right below the pool area and there have been reports on these boards about noise complaints in those suites. I know from personal experience on an HAL ship that it can be quite noisy when you are right below the pool deck as they are out there early in the morning setting up the deck chairs and you can definitely hear them scraping across the deck. I also seem to recall hearing on these boards that the balconies of the PH suites

on the Riviera deck are quite small since they are not very deep at all unlike the older Grand class ships that had these suites on the Caribe deck with the deep balconies.

As far as the inside of the cabin goes, if these cabins are like those on other Grand class ships the only difference inside the cabin is that the PH suite will have a desk in the living room area and the VS suite is lacking the desk which makes it a few square feet smaller, but it is hardly noticeable. The bedroom and bathroom areas should be the same.

If it were me, I would save the money and stick with the VS over the possible noise issues with the PH.

VikingRob what is there sailing date, I do not want to give up my PH. There are 2 PH suites, both on Aloha deck next to the outside corner OS suites. I think the PH rooms are a little larger and the balcony -this is what princess told me. Check out the deck plans on princess.com

We had a PH on the Emerald last October. Initially I thought the room was a subpar value for the money I spent. Howver as the cruise went on, I grew to like it. As far as the balcony goes, it is narrow and makes enjoying the "upgraded" furniture somewhat hard to do. Never noted that much noise from the Lido deck. When we changed our cruise plans to the Ruby this coming October, I looked into getting an aft VS, but they were already taken. Those aft balconies are a great view. I remember visiting one on our past cabin crawl and found it to be huge. I think it was a regular BA cabin if memory serves me right.

Boib

Archived