Carnival Fantasy

SayingIDo

We just got off the Fantasy this Thursday past. Had a great time. If you can, do try to get into NOLA early, and experience the city, if you have never done so. Do try the waterworks, no matter how old you are! Do go to the "Ticket to Ride" show, if you have never seen it before. Do be nice to the crew, as they work their buns off to make your vacation the best it can be. Do try to embark early, so you can walk around before the ship/activities begin, and see where everything is located. Do try to be on a top deck, or your balcony, if you have one, for sail-away. It is pretty cool when the ship "makes the turn" to go down the Mississippi. Most of all - DO enjoy yourself!

The Fantasy is on the Mississippi when you board. New Orleans is unlike other ports where the dock is in in inlet. In New Orleans, you board the ship on the river.

As the ship moves into the River, is making a 180-degree turn to go downriver for about 6 hours. Most of the good views will be on the left or port side of the ship.

Enjoy!

Do have a great time...Don't let little things bother ya!!! We were on this ship last October. It was only a couple trips out of dry dock so it still had some fine tuning to do, but was still a wonderful cruise. We are booked for the Fantasy again this Oct.

Something we caught in May that we never have before was re-entering the mouth of the Mississippi. The way the water mixed together, it was really neat to see!

I forgot to mention that! It was absolutely beautiful, watching the swirls of water in the moonlight when we re-entered the Mississippi. I think we were out there around 11:30 at night watching it!

If you're trying to get to the adults only area on the fantasy you do have to go through a lounge to get to it. We discovered it our last night. There was a large group on board which had the lounge you go through to get to it booked most of the time so we never got to explore that way. I cant remember the name of the lounge.

We crusied the last week of october last year and it was wonderful. I fully enjoyed my 1st carnival cruise. The only negative thing about it was it was too short.

If you're trying to get to the adults only area on the fantasy you do have to go through a lounge to get to it. We discovered it our last night. There was a large group on board which had the lounge you go through to get to it booked most of the time so we never got to explore that way. I cant remember the name of the lounge.

We crusied the last week of october last year and it was wonderful. I fully enjoyed my 1st carnival cruise. The only negative thing about it was it was too short.

You can enter the Adult's Only area from the back of the Lido Deck by either the Pizzaria or the Bar on the other side. You take the stairs down from there.

Anyone know what the obelisk is as you go down the Mississippi? It is on the left side and about an hour down river from the port. We saw it and did not have a clue as to what it's for. Anyone???

I bet Jetskier knows what it is. I'm curious about it now. :) Jetskier where are you???:D

DH looked it up. It is the Chalmette Monument. It commemorates Andrew Jackson's victory at the battle of New Orleans. It is only about 100 ft. tall. They wanted to make it bigger but the ground was to soft. I just love Google.:D

Hi all... we are traveling the Carnival Fantasy out of NOLA in 2 months. Any thoughts on the ship? Dos or Donts are appreciated:)

Thanks

Trish

What is your sail date? We are sailing in October and this will be our 4th trip on the Fantasy. This is nice. We were on it last October right after Dry Dock and there were a few hiccups, but we still had a good time. We went again in April of this year, and had nothing bad to say about the ship. Being a New Orleanian, I would agree with everyone else that the ride down the Mississippi is a pleasant and relaxing experience.

we are sailing sept 10. anyone know if they have a cigar bar on board.

There is a lounge in the Aft of the ship that is available for cigars. I don't believe it is specifically a Cigar Bar, but that is generally where cigar smoking takes place.

We love the Fantasy so much we will sail her 3 times this year (5/9, 9/28 and 11/30), LOL! I love the Fantasy class ships because they are just the right size, IMHO. As another has pointed out, you can get to the Adult Serenity area through Windows On the Sea deli, go out the back door, down the stairs and you are there :) Our September 28th Meet and Greet is going to be back there. It is a great place to be for sailaway. I don't like the front only because it is so windy as to be unpleasant to me. I like the aft, you get the view and none of the harsh winds. To each his own :) You'll love the Fantasy!

There is a lounge in the Aft of the ship that is available for cigars. I don't believe it is specifically a Cigar Bar, but that is generally where cigar smoking takes place.

And if Anton is still the bar tender, he will have lots of knowledge for you and makes the best drinks. Ask for a Royal Flush!!!

It is called the Majestic Bar. It is right before you get to the Forum Lounge and Camp Carnival.

Dave

We leave next week and I just have a few questions.

Do all the cabins have a mini-fridge? We will be bringing a few soda's on board with us and I don't know if I will need to bring a collapsible with me.

Also, I'll be getting the soda card for the kids. Do they have Dr Pepper/Mr Pibb available? I'm hoping they do.

TIA.

We leave next week and I just have a few questions.

Do all the cabins have a mini-fridge? We will be bringing a few soda's on board with us and I don't know if I will need to bring a collapsible with me.

Also, I'll be getting the soda card for the kids. Do they have Dr Pepper/Mr Pibb available? I'm hoping they do.

TIA.

Regular OV's and IS cabins do not have a fridge. Not sure about the suites. No Dr Pepper. Not sure about the Mr Pibb.

Dave

Archived