How late can we stay on the ship?

aoverby

I guess it may depend on the ship and itinerary....we were the

last to disembark the CB in May from NY and we got off at 1030

We had no flights and a 1230 ticket to leave Penn Station so we

opted to be the last group off.....Keep in mind that you must leave

your cabin by 8am and they stop serving breakfast at 930;)

We'd like to stay on the ship as late as possible at the end of our cruise to have breakfast, etc. Do we just request a late disembarkation?

In Fort Lauderdale the latest time will be around 9:30 to 9:45 if everything goes according to schedule. There's usually another wait after leaving the ship at the custom's checkout line of 20 minutes or so if you're among the last to leave.

On all of my cruises they tell you to be out of your cabin by 8am so that the room steward can start cleaning. They have a lot of cabins to clean so to get ready for the next cruisers. All that information will be delivered to your cabin the day before you disembark.

marilyn

We just head to the dining room at around 7:30 and have a nice relaxing breakfast. By the time we head out we go straight to the gangway. ;)

Do you bring your carry-on luggage with you to the dining room? I assume this would be necessary if the cabins need to be vacated by 8:00.

Thanks,

All were told out of your cabin by 8AM,

our assigned meeting time was 9am.

The first off were @ 715 I believe and the last assignment assigned I think was 9:45AM.

We had a wonderful relaxed breakfast at 7 ish, left our room at 8 & sat in the lounge we were assigned to till 9 am-

when we were called to leave the ship.

Very relaxed process....

and we got to hang out with a couple from our roll call while we waited- aweome!!

Bernadette

It all depends on the specific ship and port and who knows what else. Most times we've been off the ship pretty early but in Vancouver a few years back, we were staying in the area after the cruise so we did not need to get anywhere, we had breakfast in the buffet, found a nice little corner and waited until nearly 11:00 a.m. to be called. This was on Celebrity and waiters continued to refill our coffee cups while we waited.

We always take our carry-ons with us to breakfast. I think that's much easier than trying to work our way back to the cabin through the crowds. Getting one elevator is hard enough on disembarcation day - getting a second one seems like more work than I want to do.;)

we had breakfast in the buffet, found a nice little corner and waited until nearly 11:00 a.m. to be called. This was on Celebrity and waiters continued to refill our coffee cups while we waited.

I have never seen a nice quiet corner in the HC disembarkation day.. :eek:

So are you coralled into an area until your tag color is called or can you wait wherever you want?

With Princess' new procedure, you will be assigned to a time to show up in a designated room for your color group to leave the ship. Until about that time, you should wait in another public area. If you show up too early in your designated room, it may be overcrowded as earlier groups will be there.

If you are Platinum or Elite, you can wait in the Platinum/Elite lounge and they will tell you when your color code cas been cleared to leave. On some cruises, this may be a very crowded room.

The Platinum/Elite lounge is a joke as far as I am concerned.

People are not checked before entering and it way overcrowded. :(

We won't use it.

The dining room is my Elite lounge. :D

Keith,

Don't know about that. After our trans canal on Coral, we Plat/Elites were all sequestered in the Wheelhouse Bar and it was great. The Captaion's Circle rep checked boarding cards at the door tyo the Bar.

There are many things on Coral that other ships in the fleet could and should emulate...disembarkation at end voyage and embark/disembark at ports of call were the most organized I've seen on any ship in the fleet.

Ciao for now!!!

Keith,

Don't know about that. After our trans canal on Coral, we Plat/Elites were all sequestered in the Wheelhouse Bar and it was great. The Captaion's Circle rep checked boarding cards at the door tyo the Bar.

There are many things on Coral that other ships in the fleet could and should emulate...disembarkation at end voyage and embark/disembark at ports of call were the most organized I've seen on any ship in the fleet.

Ciao for now!!!

I should rephrase. There was the Capt Circle host sitting there once, and cruise staff other times. But they were not paying a whole lot of attention.

People walked in and out at will with out speaking to anyone.

I have tried several times and been very disappointed, so know I use the DR. :)

Who was watching the other entrances to the Wheelhouse?

When boarding a ship you are treated like royalty.

On the final morning you are treated like a peasant.

More like royalty in exile, just waiting until I can find another ship where I can have temporary residency for a while. LOL!

So are you coralled into an area until your tag color is called or can you wait wherever you want?
Princess has "silent disembarkation" which means there are no public announcements of what color is being called. You must be in your assigned meeting place where the announcements are made via the lounge's PA system. If you "wait wherever you want" you won't hear any announcements and probably miss the call for your color. The benefit to this system has been the almost complete elimination of people crowding the exit, waiting for their color to be called so they can rush off.

The Platinum/Elite lounge is a joke as far as I am concerned.

People are not checked before entering and it way overcrowded. :(

We won't use it.

It was very well-done on the Crown Princess last Friday. The person checked every single card of every single person entering, there was plenty of room and they had coffee and goodies. It made an excellent meeting place for those of taking a van together to the airport. It was not overcrowded nor a "joke." :)

Archived