Debarkation at Pier 91 Question

opcruiser2008

You can probably stay on until about 9:30 or 10 at the latest, whether you choose to carry off your own luggage or not. Sea/Tac is pretty far away from Pier 91, tho - about 30min. I'd head there sooner rather than later - security is rough there!

A suggestion for all those who have later flights and may be wanting to have something to do other than just sit around at SEA.

After you check-in your luggage and have your boarding pass, don't go out to the gate area. Instead, consider walking out of the airport and across the street to the 13 Coins for a great lunch. Upscale food, with a fantastic Joe's Special, among other items, prepared in an exhibition kitchen. You can sit at a counter watching the chefs at work.

Yes, I did say walk. The airport in Seattle is nestled right up against Highway 99 (International Blvd). You can walk to "the Coins" in 5-10 minutes or less, depending on where you are checking in. Here is a LINK to a map that shows how close it is. Just go out the south end of the airport on the baggage claim level and walk east. There's a sidewalk and a light to cross 99.

Here is a LINK to the 13 Coins website if you're curious about the menu, or want to see photos.

If you would rather eat inside security, I highly recommend the Anthony's restaurant in the Central Terminal area.

One other tip for SEA: There are several different security screening points, and you can use any of them to get to all of the concourses/satellites/gates. If the one near you is really jammed, try another. They are located near the entrance to the A concourse & south satellite, in the center of the terminal, in the area behind Alaska airlines check-in (C concourse) and at the north end of the terminal (near United Airlines).

We have a 2:00 p.m. flight out of Sea/Tac. I noticed on CC that most people have said that they get to the airport quite early if they pull off there own luggage. If we choose to carry off our luggage, how late can we stay on the ship to kill time?

I left my cabin on the Westerdam at 9:45 AM, grabbed a baggage handler inside the terminal, picked up my luggage, cleared customs, turned in my wife's scooter, caught a taxi 50 yards from the terminal door, and was at my Red Lion hotel across the street from SEATAC by 11:00AM.

They start unloading and positioning luggage inside the terminal long before the first passengers can disembark.

You have to walk right by your luggage to get outside the terminal. If your luggage has significant markings (big red ribbon), you can grab it and go without breaking stride.

You have plenty of time so enjoy it without having to drag your luggage down the narrow corridors of the ship.

Archived