Advice From An Average User

For those of you out there who arn't experts. Please keep up with cleaning your camera and don't treat it as if you are cleaning the kitchen sink. I was a little lax with the way I cleaned my Cannon 30D and it cost me around $300 dollars to replace my sensor....:eek::eek::eek:

Bob

Don't feel bad. I happen to know that it costs $370 to have the rear housing replaced on a 50D. I also know that a 50D will continue to work perfectly if dropped 5ft. onto concrete but it will crack the case. The camera landed on the back corner of the body with the 24-105L pointing up.

For those of you out there who arn't experts. Please keep up with cleaning your camera and don't treat it as if you are cleaning the kitchen sink. I was a little lax with the way I cleaned my Cannon 30D and it cost me around $300 dollars to replace my sensor....:eek::eek::eek:

Bob

Steel wool or ScotchBrite is never good for sensor cleaning! :eek:

Dave

Another don't - do not put your G9 inside the external pocket of your photopack and then do a boarding checkin because the bag will not fit in the overhead compartment of the commuter jet.

Cost me $160 to have my LCD screen replaced.

DON

Archived