Disembarkation on B2B Cruises ? Please help !

Ykgorbie

We have just booked our 3rd cruise, an 8-day to the Eastern Caribbean on the Freedom on Oct. 9, 2010.....(I know a long way out, but it's a big deal for us to travel from where we live, in the Arctic) Anyway, the hubby and I were talking and since it's so far for us to travel to Fort Lauderdale, we'd like to take more than 8 days for that holiday. We've already spent a substantial amount of time in and around Fort Lauderdale.....SO, we think we might book the 6 day Western Caribbean cruise on the Freedom on Oct. 3rd. Meaning, a back to back cruise ! ! Woot woot ! These boards have always been so helpful and I was wondering if someone could explain the disembarkation process to me. Do we have to get off of the ship etc ?

Any info is greatly appreciated. Btw, we would not be booked in the same cabin for both cruises....

Thanks ! !

Apparently it varies by ship/port. I did a back to back with the first half in one cabin and the second in another cabin. I packed up all my things and the steward took them to my new cabin during turnaround. If you have the same cabin you can leave your things there. I was directed to go to immigration with the non US citizens. I just had to tell them I was staying on board and I was done. Some ports/ships make you meet at a certain area and walk you off and then back on board. Just remember to take anything with you that you need during the time the cabins are being cleaned as you may not be able to get to your cabin.

Candi

We meet near the purser's desk and then someone came and walked everyone off thru customs to the desk to get your card for the next leg and back on. A couple had trouble with their cards of the 8 of us. One was the wife and baby of a employee, so they were not US citizens, and still it only took about 20 minutes, once they walked us off and back on, but we did wait a bit for the person to show up to walk us off.

For US citizens, they tell you to come to the customer service desk about 9:30-10am, after all departing passengers have left the ship. then they walk you off and through customs, and back onto the ship, with your new S&S card, take your pictures, and you are all set. But if you go through customs with non-US citizens early, you likely won't need to kleave the ship unless it is to get the new S&S card. EM

Archived