ladies - help required on dress codes

LouiseB

Dear all,

I promise not to mention golf shirts!

I am struggling to understand the dress codes on RSSC. We're off to the Baltic next week and the paperwork says we have one informal night (the rest being elegant country club)

In one part of the paperwork the informal code is classified as smart pantsuits / skirts and in another area described as cocktail dresses. I dont want to appear overdressed, so could anyone describe to me what they actually wear on the informal night so I can pack accordingly!

Many thanks - I have the suitcase ready awaiting your replies

Louise

From my experience there is really not that much difference for a woman between CCC and informal. I've seen it all from pantsuits, to cocktail dresses, regular dresses, dress pants with a blouse, skirts with a blouse and even dress capris with a blouse. One easy way to dress up your CCC look into informal would be to wear a dressier pair of shoes, add a string of pearls and an evening purse. Sometimes just changing your accessories can make it look a bit more formal but really it's a very fine line between CCC and informal for woman and one where I don't see much difference in the dress. I have friends that never take a dress of any kind on a cruise even for formal nights and they still manage to look chic and within the guidelines.

Pat

I agree with Pat--the ladies can please themselves! If you like cocktail dresses, wear them. If like pantsuits or summer dresses, or pant outfits with nice tops, you get to choose. It's easier for the women, on paper, although I angst about everything I choose for myself.

Did a 7 day Alaska RSSC cruise (so probably similar weather to the Baltic) a few weeks ago and the women tended to dress very conservatively... CCC nights were a lot of dark troussers and dark sweaters. From what I saw, informal night was mainly pant suits. Maybe it was representative of the age of most of the women on the cruise (40+) and the cooler climate of the cruise.

I wore more dresses (bright evening dress on informal night and regular summer dresses) or colourful tops with troussers. To be honest I felt a little too "bright and flambouyant" (maybe I would have felt more at place in the Caribbean or the Med or the Panama Canal), but I was on holiday so... :)

Boo

I've accumulated some clothing that I only wear only on cruises -- mainly tops with glitter/sparkles that can be worn with skirts or pants. The same pants can easily be worn on casual nights with different tops. It is so much easier for women than for men (but, I dare not go there:))

Went on Voyager to the Baltic last August....because that cruise in so tour intensive and everyone so pooped each evening....I really felt that the dress on board was a bit more relaxed....I wore alot of Chico's type clothes, the Travelers line with pretty tops or a flowing jacket over a tank.... black pants or skirt with a pretty top works great.....I did not wear half of what I packed as everyday it was off the ship and needed to be comfy we had really bad weather but that did not dampen anyones spirits or limit our wonderful tours or the whole cruise in general....weather in Copenhagen and Stockholm was wonderful and warm....

Archived