Just Got Upgraded !!!

cruisingfreak

Congrats on your upgrade, ENJOY!

We were upgraded last year on the Emerald from Plaza deck OV to Baja deck balcony. We loved it, perfect for a Med cruise.

We are going to be doing this cruise in Nov and can't wait. We have already been upgraded to an aft balcony. Our first time aft and anxious to see what it is like.

Congratulations!!!

I know exactly how you feel. Last month on our first cruise with Princess we were upgraded from 2 fully obstructed view cabins to a mini-suite with a balcony. Plus they threw in some onboard credit which more than covered all the soda my 2yo & 6yo drank that week.

Congrats, that's amazing. I am very motion sensitive and I felt that the Tahitian Princess handled the open Pacific Ocean very well (and we spent much of our day a few floors on top of you in the Spa Deck area).

Is anybody else surprised that Princess skipped upgrading all of the folks in the minisuite category?

They don't have mini suites on the Royal :-)

I add my congratulations. The Royal is a beautiful ship, as well. I wouldn't worry too much about motion, the Mediterranean in late August/early September shouldn't be rough at all, unless you are extremely unlucky.

Have a fantastic cruise!

Lucky Ducky - I'd go put a few bucks on powerball too, while your luck is up! Have a great time!!!

Listen to this.....

We originally were booked on the June 13th Holy Land sailing, but a few months later, cancelled when we found out we would be arriving in Israel on the Sabbath(Friday/Saturday), & many sites would be closed. We then booked the same cruise for Aug. 24th, when the ship would arrive in Israel on a Sunday/Monday.

Turns out the June 13th sailing was the one that had the fire onboard the Royal, & the passengers never did make it to Israel, & the rest of their cruise was cancelled.

We were so lucky not to have been on that cruise, & to have switched to the 24th.

Guess this cruise was meant to be.

Minette

Does Princess call and ask if you are willing to take the upgrade before reassigning you?

Princess called my TA, & she had them on the line, while she called me. I had to make a pretty quick decision, as there were only 2 PH cabins to choose from, & Princess wanted my answer right away.

Minette

What an awesome upgrade! I dream of a call like that!

What a fabulous upgrade.

The last time we were upgraded was in 2001, on the old Pacific Princess. It was a 7 day cruise to Bermuda out of NYC.

Guess what......

We were also upgraded to suite. Unfortunately, this old ship didn't have any balconies, & also there were twin beds(that couldn't be moved) in the cabin.

Minette

Lucky YOu---congratulations!

Just booked a "guarantee" on our upcoming Panama Canal cruise...and just got my cabin-exactly the category I had paid for...oh well!! Glad to hear that there is an occassional big upgrade given out, even though I have never been the recipient of one!

Did you book directly thru Princess and they sent you the email notification or did you book thru a TA? Just curious..........

I booked through my TA, & Princess called her about the upgrade. She then called me, while Princess was on another line. I had to make a quick decision. There were only 2 cabins to choose from, & Princess would have gone to make the deal with other passengers, if I couldn't make up my mind right then & there.

Minette

I had booked directly with Princess last Jan. They just Monday sent the email that said I had an upgrade. If I did not want it to let them know within 24 hours. It's great to get an email from Princess that has "upgrade" in the heading!

You must have been overjoyed.

Minette

Archived