Just Got Upgraded !!!

cruisingfreak

I'm still in shock.

Our cruise is Aug. 24th, Royal Princess to the Holy Land. We had a coveted aft balcony. We were just upgraded to a Penthouse suite. Only problem I had in my decision on whether to take the upgrade or not, was that all the PH cabins are the front of the ship. In the end, I decided to take it anyway.

Has anyone ever been in one of these front cabins on the smaller ships? Will we have problem with motion or wind?

Minette

We sailed from Barcelona to Rio on Oceania (same size ship) in a forward cabin & had no problem what so ever. I take Bonine everyday for my horrible motion sickness & I was just fine...all that worry for nothing LOL. Enjoy all those perks---like free laundry:D. Packing just got a lot easier.

Jan

I think you did better moving to the bow of the ship. We've had three suites in the bow area on different ships and loved them all. "Coveted aft cabins"? Not with me! I could care less about aft cabins and I've had 3 or 4 of them. Congrats on the upgrade and enjoy your fabulous, incredible itinerary! :)

We were in a penthouse suite on our recent Mexican Rivieria cruise and it was in the bow as well. While it was a great cabin with super perks, I was a bit dissapointed that we didn't have a slider door. We had a regular door that you had to prop open and when it got windy you had no choice but to close it for safety reasons. We also had to keep our curtains closed or lights off at night since we were directly under the bridge. Having said that, I would have taken your upgrade too. The perks definately outweight the few bad points.

Congrats, that's amazing. I am very motion sensitive and I felt that the Tahitian Princess handled the open Pacific Ocean very well (and we spent much of our day a few floors on top of you in the Spa Deck area).

Is anybody else surprised that Princess skipped upgrading all of the folks in the minisuite category?

The best upgrade I ever had was with Princess. After 25 + cruises our free change from a OV obstructed to a Caribe deck Balcony on the Grand last year still makes me smile! :p She is our favorite ship due large in part to her excellent crew and the British Isles itinerary we so enjoyed.

We're back on the Grand next spring and if lightning strikes again I'd be pleasantly surprised (shocked? :eek: ) but to those of you who think Princess doesn't upgrade now and then be assured they do! :D

Archived