Prime rib and French toast?

chloes nana

okay my final 2 questions for my upcoming cruise. Never been on any cruise ship let alone HAL so I want to know:

1) do they have french toast in the mornings for room service breakfast? We have early excursions alot of the mornings..

2) do they serve prime rib???? I love prime rib!

that is it I think I am ready to go as soon as I get these VERY important answers.:D

If you want french toast served in your cabin you'll need to:

write it in on the hang-tag, or order it via the phone and

make sure you want it during the period the dining room is serving.

Don't forget to write in butter/margarine, and syrup, too (if you use them).

Prime rib is a staple on the dining room menu at least once during the cruise. It used to be a regular on the menu the first night, but now it's more likely to be on the first formal night. It's delicious!

And, if you like a thicker slice, you can order it that way. :)

Yes and yes!!

I took my first solo cruise on the Westerdam in March this year, and because I am not a morning person and like to wake up slowly, I ordered room service for breakfast every morning :D And I ordered French Toast (and bacon :o) every morning! If I recall correctly, French Toast was not written on the room service menu, but I just wrote it in myself, and it arrived just as ordered. Well, except for the first day when I ordered "3 French Toast" and received three full orders of French Toast :eek:. I figured it out after that and wrote it as "French Toast (3 pieces)" and got my three pieces of French Toast. Also, I figured maple syrup would just arrive with my French Toast, but one day it didn't, so I started writing in maple syrup as well.

If I am not mistaken, prime rib was served for dinner at least once on every cruise I have been on, and some of the longer ones had it twice. I don't remember if it is on the Pinnacle Grill menu or not.

There, now you can sail happily off into the sunset... have a great cruise!

Bonnie

Prime rib is a staple on the dining room menu at least once during the cruise. It used to be a regular on the menu the first night, but now it's more likely to be on the first formal night. It's delicious!

on days when there is early port calls and excursions that leave at 7:45 or 8:00 what time is the dinning room or Lido open?? and I love prime rib thick and medium rare! Yummy!!:p

Yes and yes!!

I took my first solo cruise on the Westerdam in March this year, and because I am not a morning person and like to wake up slowly, I ordered room service for breakfast every morning :D And I ordered French Toast (and bacon :o) every morning! If I recall correctly, French Toast was not written on the room service menu, but I just wrote it in myself, and it arrived just as ordered. Well, except for the first day when I ordered "3 French Toast" and received three full orders of French Toast :eek:. I figured it out after that and wrote it as "French Toast (3 pieces)" and got my three pieces of French Toast. Also, I figured maple syrup would just arrive with my French Toast, but one day it didn't, so I started writing in maple syrup as well.

If I am not mistaken, prime rib was served for dinner at least once on every cruise I have been on, and some of the longer ones had it twice. I don't remember if it is on the Pinnacle Grill menu or not.

There, now you can sail happily off into the sunset... have a great cruise!

Bonnie

perfect! thanks Bonnie! I really don't like eggs so I love my french toast or waffles in the morning!;)

on days when there is early port calls and excursions that leave at 7:45 or 8:00 what time is the dinning room or Lido open??

The Lido opens early, and you can always get french toast there. But to get it in your cabin, the dining room must be open. Dining room hours vary, but will be listed in the Daily Program. You'll have to check it when you're completing your hang tag.

To get a thicker slab of prime rib (what's called King cut at home), you need to ask for English Cut. I use my fingers, and say "thick"!

Is the prime rib also available in the Lido on formal night?

I have not been able to figure out why you have to order French toast the previous day if you want it in the dining room for breakfast. They have bread. They have milk. They have eggs. What else do you need to make french toast. After all, they give you lots of other options for breakfast that have to be made to order.

DON

I have not been able to figure out why you have to order French toast the previous day if you want it in the dining room for breakfast. They have bread. They have milk. They have eggs. What else do you need to make french toast. After all, they give you lots of other options for breakfast that have to be made to order.

DON

I did not know you had to order french toast the day before, when having breakfast in the DR. Speculation on my part....french toast is not cooked to order.

Room Service

If you want French Toast served to your cabin -- you can write it on the "card" --

BUT

The dining room must be open for this to be served to your cabin.

On most ships the dining room will open at 8 AM on port days and 8:30 AM on sea days.

If you have an early excursion before 8 AM -- you are out of luck.

The Lido does have French Toast -- check your daily schedule for the opening times as they vary by port and sea days.

on days when there is early port calls and excursions that leave at 7:45 or 8:00 what time is the dinning room or Lido open?? and I love prime rib thick and medium rare! Yummy!!:p

Hubby and I ordered breakfast (via Room Service Hang Card) to be delivered between 6 and 6:30 a.m. daily. It usually arrived by 6:15 at the latest.

I am so happy to read from other posters that I can order things like French Toast that are not on the menu!!! WhoooooHooooo I LOVE French Toast and Waffles!! And now I also know to put French Toast or Waffles (2 pieces) INSTEAD of 2 orders.:p

BTW You have to try the Reuben. OMG it is wonderful!!!

Joanie

Hubby and I ordered breakfast (via Room Service Hang Card) to be delivered between 6 and 6:30 a.m. daily. It usually arrived by 6:15 at the latest.

I am so happy to read from other posters that I can order things like French Toast that are not on the menu!!! WhoooooHooooo I LOVE French Toast and Waffles!! And now I also know to put French Toast or Waffles (2 pieces) INSTEAD of 2 orders.:p

Joanie

Please remember that special orders can only be filled after the dining room is open.

Please remember that special orders can only be filled after the dining room is open.

Then that explains our getting room service before the dining room and Lido are open. We ordered practically the same thing every day and nothing special.

BUT since we'll be doing the Caribbean next we can sleep later and order special:D

Thanks for the info

Joanie

Joanie

my DH loooooves Reuben sandwiches! I will let him know! thanks

Reuben? What Reuben?? Where are the Reubens???

I am pretty sure I have never seen one on a HAL ship, because they are one of my favourite things and I would have remembered. I don't normally eat at lunch time in the Lido, so if that is when and where they are available, please let me know and I will make an exception :D

Bonnie

my DH loooooves Reuben sandwiches! I will let him know! thanks

I'm an ignorant Aussie, whose never heard of Reuben sandwiches. What are they?

Could someone explain Prime rib? I'm sure we have it in Aus, but it may be called something else here. I'd hate to miss out having it because of not knowing what cut of meat it was.

Reuben? What Reuben?? Where are the Reubens???

I am pretty sure I have never seen one on a HAL ship, because they are one of my favourite things and I would have remembered. I don't normally eat at lunch time in the Lido, so if that is when and where they are available, please let me know and I will make an exception :D

Bonnie

Bonnie and all,

The Reuben is listed on the Room Service menu (they were on our Alaska cruise May 08 on the Oosterdam.)

I am not sure if it was listed on the Alaska cruise May 09 on the Westerdam. BUT I ordered it everyday anyway and got it everyday!!

Remember I am saying Room Service. I do not know if they have it anywhere else on the ship.

By the way the only difference between the Oosterdams' Reuben and the Westerdams' was the bread.

On the Oosterdam the bread was a dark rye (DELICIOUS!!!) and White Rye on Westerdam (STILL DELICIOUS!!!!)

Joanie

Could someone explain Prime rib? I'm sure we have it in Aus, but it may be called something else here. I'd hate to miss out having it because of not knowing what cut of meat it was.

There are many things I KNOW you Aussies have that I would not know the name of eiter;)

Here is Wikipedias' description of a Reuben:

The Reuben sandwich is a grilled or toasted sandwich made with corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and Russian or Thousand Island dressing. Several variants exist

I will say that once you eat one, you will Always want more:D

Joanie

Now that you know about Reubens, I think maybe you might call prime rib a "standing rib roast"????

Archived