Keep my Aft Tiny Shower or Upgrade to Mini?

BalconyGal

I am torn! I loved C753, and have booked C752 for our next cruise on the CB. The only issue was the tiny shower. I really was laughing while in the shower thinking about something I read on the boards. "Soap up the walls of the shower and spin!" I even had to shave my legs on the balcony! I just couldn't take it anymore.

My question is does anyone think it is worth it to give up the wake-view for an Emerald mini? And how big is the balcony? I wouldn't have the last mini which I know has an extra large balcony.

Money is not a factor, it's only a little over $100 more which I would happily pay. I just don't want to make a decision I will regret.

Fellow CC'ers some advice please. What would you do?

Thanks,

Heather

Hi One Star,

My wife and I love the Mini-suites. One reason is the shower, like you said. I never had a shower curtain wrap around me and stick like those in the tiny shower. The other is just the extra room to spread out. We are booked on the Sappire in October and we have that last mini (E-728) with the large covered balcony.

My parents had an aft view balcony room on the Sapphire. I believe it was a family or mini suite. They loved it. They had a large balcony (deep) and we all sat out there and watched the wake while we left San Francisco.

I would say if money is not an issue... Go for it!

Cruise On,

Demented - :cool:

OneStarTattoo, you must be my long lost twin!

You are in the same happy pickle we were in when we booked our last CB (8/4) cruise and when we just booked next year's CB cruise.

We are in love with the large, half covered decks on Caribe (especially aft cabins! like C753 or C752).

This year we gave up the large Caribe deck for the covered mini on Emerald; But the mini there with the larger deck (E731) was already booked.

So we just sailed in E725. YES, I loved the extra space! AND I loved not being the object of Sarge's (remember him? comedian in past on CB :D) joke about soaping up the shower walls and then spinning around! HA!

The bigger bathroom was great and I don't know if I can go back to that tiny bathroom on Caribe again. The bigger room space was great too! DH and I could actually find things and did not have to pile stuff on top of each other on 2 small night tables :p

But, we did not really like the smaller deck :rolleyes: OH WHAT TO DO!!?? The only thing a spoiled Caribe aft occupant AND now mini occupant could do; race like a loon to book E731 for next summer's cruise :D We even changed the normal date of our summer cruise just to get this cabin.

Honestly, if that cabin was not available, I was thinking of a Vista Suite, but it was so darn expensive for us that I'm not sure how I would have solved the dilemma.

I know I didn't help you at all, but your thinking is so similar to mine that I wanted you to know you are not alone.

My question is, how much time would you spend enjoying your balcony compared with how much time you would spend with a larger shower? ;) For me, there's no comparison - I can spend hours enjoying the wake and only minutes grumbling about the shower. Nancy

I had E727 on the CB. Loved it. The bathroom is twice the size, with full sized tub. That made it pretty nice. The little sitting room is nice to have. The balcony is regular sized, but was big enough for us. But we didnt spend much time there, or in our cabin. Would rather be out and about on the ship. Have never had a TRUE aft cabin, but I was very happy with that mini!

Karen

Hi All:

Noticed this thread which is similar to another thread earlier. So I'm hoping someone who has stayed in cabin D737 on the Sapphire.

We have booked this mini, but I have a few questions about it;

I know it is a configuration of twin beds only....

I know it is shower only......

I know the balcony is big !!

Why would I book and stay in this for 32 days? Is the shower bigger than the standard BA category? I never use our bathtub - only shower anyway, but if it was bigger that would be OK. Is the room narrower than the standard mini suites?

Snowbird

So it was YOU making all that noise!:D

HAHAHA! No, not me (stoneharborlady's husband?...), it was my DH, Othellocruiser!! :p

Did Nicanor give you the wrong papers (survey's) to fill out at the end of the cruise? We got yours (top said E727; we just crossed it out and put our cabin number), and we were guessing you got ours. Did you notice?

Wasn't Nick a terrific cabin steward?!

Oh, OneStarTattoo, we are NOT diverting your thread, promise! ;) We are discussing the virtues of Emerald deck's mini patrons! lol

Hi Wiseguy! :)

You got me good! HA! :D

Aren't those conference calls the pitts!

Ugh...head hitting desk...

Anyways, on topic...I personally would choose wake view over bathroom size, all other things being equal, but the mini also gives you more move around space making this not an easy apples to apples comparison. And, one can always use the spa/fitness center changing room facilities to shave one's legs, right?;)

"And, one can always use the spa/fitness center changing room facilities to shave one's legs, right?;)"

Hey Wiseguy, you sure ain't no Wisegal!

Naaaaaaaaaaaa, shaving one's legs away from home base is not our (women, am I right?!) cup of tea! :eek:

Now, stop hitting your head on the desk, and listen to the words of wisdom eminating from your conference call! :p

AND OneStar, I promise to talk only caribe aft and mini forevermore :D

OK, here is my direct response: Take the Emerald mini, and enjoy the big bathroom and extra room space; and do what we did, enjoy the smaller deck every morning, sipping your coffee and eating yummy sweet rolls and enjoying the view. Smaller balcony or not, it was still an enjoyable place for the 2 of us to be together. :)

I think I vote for the aft. We have also been in both and the extra room in the cabin and bathroom are nice but don't make up for the balcony. One other thought.... If it's cool and windy you can still usually sit on the aft balcony but not on the side one. Also,it's quieter in the aft and if you're not a smoker you have a better chance of not being next to a smoker with only one neighbor.

We had to make this decision for cruises we were booking for 2011, when both cabins were available and decided we would take an Emerald mini only if the aft cabins were taken.

Oh, and I figured out how to shave. Lean on one wall of the shower and put a leg straight out so it's on the other wall.:D:D:D

Guest arowe6
My question is, how much time would you spend enjoying your balcony compared with how much time you would spend with a larger shower? ;) For me, there's no comparison - I can spend hours enjoying the wake and only minutes grumbling about the shower. Nancy

Agreed!!!

-Andrew:)

For us it is the wake view all the way. We have had #E732 on the Diamond and C752 on the Star. We actually mark our booking NO upgrades. We spend a lot of time out on the balcony......very little in the shower :D

Cheers, Denise

Thanks all. No apologies necessary it's the beauty of CC...threads drift. :)

Thanks so much for the shaving tip Chamima! Wish I had thought of that last week. Shave legs, then soap up shower walls. :D

It's really hard to give up this view!!

1961659315_CBAug4-13023.jpg.01a5f56981395b06401d489d01fefa07.jpg

If there's just two people, I don't understand the big deal about a larger balcony. There are two chairs and a table. It's big enough for a UBD. It's not just a larger shower, it's a larger shower in a full sized bath tub! And a sitting area! We'd never consider anything but a mini-suite now. The uncovered balconies on Dolphin have not bothered us, but we did get an AD Emerald deck for our cruise to Alaska next year.

I am torn! I loved C753, and have booked C752 for our next cruise on the CB. The only issue was the tiny shower. I really was laughing while in the shower thinking about something I read on the boards. "Soap up the walls of the shower and spin!" I even had to shave my legs on the balcony! I just couldn't take it anymore.

My question is does anyone think it is worth it to give up the wake-view for an Emerald mini? And how big is the balcony? I wouldn't have the last mini which I know has an extra large balcony.

Money is not a factor, it's only a little over $100 more which I would happily pay. I just don't want to make a decision I will regret.

Fellow CC'ers some advice please. What would you do?

Thanks,

Heather

Keep the aft!!!

I'll give you $200 for it.

Archived