Info on Priceline

rubydo

I have always used a travel agent to book my vacations and then I heard about Priceline/Hotwire?Expedia etc. Priceline are offering a great price on the airline tickets, am I safe making my reservation thru them

Rubydo:confused:

I have always used a travel agent to book my vacations and then I heard about Priceline/Hotwire?Expedia etc. Priceline are offering a great price on the airline tickets, am I safe making my reservation thru them

Rubydo:confused:

What do you mean by "safe"? I am guessing you are not selecting the "name your own price" option. I have purchased many airline tickets this way on PL and never had a problem. But, I purchase them only on the airline on which I have status, which certainly helps me if there is a problem with the flight.

You are "safe" to book with them. However, if you are using the bidding process, you will not know your flight itinerary ahead of time. You could end up with long layovers or flight times that just aren't the most convenient for you.

Nowadays, using sidestep, yapta or other low fare searches, the PL flight booking division really isn't that popular as once. Especially if you have to be somewhere at a certain time, I personally wouldn't bother.

DO post your question on the cruise air board for more input.

What? You are just now hearing about the Negotiator? I have bid on lots of hotel rooms through Priceline and it always turns out good. I have not bid on airline tickets though, I think the benefits of booking directly through the airline's website outweigh the price benefit.

In booking airline tickets I always check both the airline websites and the discounters; Orbitz, Kayak, Priceline, Travelocity, etc, etc. Almost always get a better price & schedule with the discounters. Have been using them for years and never a problem with reliability or customer sevice if I have to make a change. SWA doesn't list with the discounters so their bookings only go through them directly.

Archived