New Elite perks...afternoon cocktails

der93711

From what I understand, one of the new perks for Elite passengers is having a cocktail hour from 4-6 each evening. Does anyone know what kind of drinks they serve? Will they make you a martini or is it just wine?

Thanks

Der :D

From what I understand, one of the new perks for Elite passengers is having a cocktail hour from 4-6 each evening. Does anyone know what kind of drinks they serve? Will they make you a martini or is it just wine?

Thanks

Der :D

Mixed drinks as well as wine:) so yes, you can have your Martini:)

Just don't order a martini expecting to get what the Martini Bar calls a martini.

Just of the Century. The staff in Michael's would go next door to the Matini Bar to have them make DH martinis!

There is quite a long list of what they serve. Definitely not a tease, but they won't be providing the most expensive thing on the drink menu either. Is anyone ever happy?

Some folks don't understand one of life's most significant aphorisms-"Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.:

How has the experience been there...free booze, etc.

We have stopped going to the Captain's Club cocktail parties since the last few became a free alcohol feeding frenzy.

Regards

I imagine it varies from cruise to cruise. Our Infinity cruise last month was very low key and surprisingly few people attending. It was very relaxing. I'm sure the TA in November will be a whole different story.;)

I have a feeling you are absolutely right! However, I am really looking forward to the experience... and to exploring the new ship. Hopefully, Michael's Club will be less crowded and crazy than the Martini Bar last September, though...:D

Be happy you are getting any mixed drink free. I'm Diamond on Royal Caribbean and Elite on Celebrity via that status. I have to pay (with a 25% discount) for my drinks on Royal Caribbean after September 1st in the lounge unless I want wine (le terrible) or champagne. However, they are keeping the lounge open from 5:00 to 8:00 (more time to sell) vs. the short window on Celebrity of 4-6 (when it is free).

Tucker in Texas

I have a feeling you are absolutely right! However, I am really looking forward to the experience... and to exploring the new ship. Hopefully, Michael's Club will be less crowded and crazy than the Martini Bar last September, though...:D

Susie, last Sept. was a zoo! Just trying to get a cocktail proved to be a test of your patience. But it was fun!

Having experienced the equivalent as a Diamond perk on Royal C, it was more about the sociablity of the event than the drinks--we are looking forward to it in less than a month! & yes I agree, the Martin Bar is always a madhouse--

Hi,

I'm not trying to hijack a thread, just curious with a question to ask.

Do they have this new Elite Lounge in Michael's Club on embarkation day, or does it start the next day?

We'll be on Millennium in 30 days! WOO HOO!!

CM

Do they have this new Elite Lounge in Michael's Club on embarkation day, or does it start the next day?CM

The Elite lounge is not available on embarkation or disembarkation day.

The Elite lounge is not available on embarkation or disembarkation day.

That is fine, since you have champagne in your cabin on embarkation day. Obviously disembarkation day would be embarkation day for the new arrivals. And for those cruising a back to back, they would have champagne in their cabin for their second embarkation day.

I was with PatC on Constellation last March -- she was in CC and I was in a "regular" veranda and I did not have champagne in our cabin. In March we are both sailing on Mercury and I have gotten our first CC cabin so I have something else to look forward to:D

Lucy

Archived